Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Does anyone follow or know who @syracusebball is on twitter? Dudes funny, claims to hear things and know inside info, but its always after someone else comes out with the news first. He has lots of followers 2...crazy

I follow him... you're right. He add's zilch. Maybe I should un-follow him.

Also I believe Indiana still needs to open up one more spot for Bryant.

For anyone who has watched Bryant and Diagne...

Really, how big of a drop off is there between the two? Obviously, Diagne is a couple inches shorter. His game isn't as refined yet.

I haven't had a chance to actually watch Bryant play, other than in highlight clips, which don't really give you the full range of his game. So...if we don't land Bryant, how far behind is Diagne? Like, would you say that Diagne is 50% the player Bryant is? 80%? Somewhere between?

I love Diagne's game as well, it would be nice to have two centers coming in, especially with not knowing if Coleman is coming back at full strength and CMac coming off of the injury. I know there has been talk that Coleman has been running the court well, but there is still an uncertainty until he gets on the court in game situations.

Really, how big of a drop off is there between the two? Obviously, Diagne is a couple inches shorter. His game isn't as refined yet.

I haven't had a chance to actually watch Bryant play, other than in highlight clips, which don't really give you the full range of his game. So...if we don't land Bryant, how far behind is Diagne? Like, would you say that Diagne is 50% the player Bryant is? 80%? Somewhere between?

I would say that Diagne is more polished on offense actually. Bryant might be better defensively because of his length but Diagne is no slouch, he has a long reach. I will say that I have seen Bryant once and Diagne two times, Moustapha can step out and hit jumpers and has some nice low post moves. It's hard to say as a percentage but other than the advantage of Bryant's height, you would be hard pressed imo to say who is better. I think Diagne will surprise a lot of you who haven't seem him play.

I would say that Diagne is more polished on offense actually. Bryant might be better defensively because of his length but Diagne is no slouch, he has a long reach. I will say that I have seen Bryant once and Diagne two times, Moustapha can step out and hit jumpers and has some nice low post moves. It's hard to say as a percentage but other than the advantage of Bryant's height, you would be hard pressed imo to say who is better. I think Diagne will surprise a lot of you who haven't seem him play.
So, out of curiosity...

If Bryant and Diagne went head to head in a game, what would your guess be as to their stat lines?

I think Bryant is now the true center, Diagne more of a stretch 5 but we'll see...
Otherwise, both pretty skilled in the low post, Diagne a little more agile - both are intimidators but I see TB better at contesting shots down low against the true bigs of the college game, anchoring the last line of defense. Just seems like Diagne is the better rebounder, but that's not to discredit TB. Moustapha is really a beast in this department.

So, out of curiosity...

If Bryant and Diagne went head to head in a game, what would your guess be as to their stat lines?

I would expect double figures from Moustapha because he would force Bryant to step out and guard him from 15 feet and I feel like if he did that Diange is quicker and could blow by. As Tee said, Diange can really rebound for his size as well. I think he could guard Bryant, in the tourney of champions he played against a few taller guys and I saw some ridiculous blocks from him. I think he had 6 or 7 in one game. He is a beast.

I think Bryant is now the true center, Diagne more of a stretch 5 but we'll see...
Otherwise, both pretty skilled in the low post, Diagne a little more agile - both are intimidators but I see TB better at contesting shots down low against the true bigs of the college game, anchoring the last line of defense. Just seems like Diagne is the better rebounder, but that's not to discredit TB. Moustapha is really a beast in this department.

Moustapha reminds me of Kenneth Faried with the way he plays. He is undersized but he wins matchups with speed and athleticism. Also dominates the glass. Overall though, his jumpshot impressed me the most. He hasn't been playing organized basketball all that long too, correct? Believe he has only played a few years which could equate to huge growth in his game.

So tommy will be playing at the Nationals Tourney in NY on Thursday. it will be very interesting to see who goes down to see him, and if maybe he makes a trip back to Rochester/syracuse. Stay tuned... next week is the key regardless of any news coming out right now over at Crean land.

Moustapha reminds me of Kenneth Faried with the way he plays. He is undersized but he wins matchups with speed and athleticism. Also dominates the glass. Overall though, his jumpshot impressed me the most. He hasn't been playing organized basketball all that long too, correct? Believe he has only played a few years which could equate to huge growth in his game.
Quality comparison right there. Edit: he definitely had some experience in Senegal, but nothing like if he was exposed to it growing up in the states.

cusetown1 said:
So tommy will be playing at the Nationals Tourney in NY on Thursday. it will be very interesting to see who goes down to see him, and if maybe he makes a trip back to Rochester/syracuse. Stay tuned... next week is the key regardless of any news coming out right now over at Crean land.
tommy wike! Tommy wike wingy!

Regardless though, Moustapha at the 4 with Bryant at the 5 would be nuts! Such motor guys, I don't think we would ever have to worry about rebounding because those two would get everything in sight. Hopefully Bryant comes and joins the party!

I would expect double figures from Moustapha because he would force Bryant to step out and guard him from 15 feet and I feel like if he did that Diange is quicker and could blow by. As Tee said, Diange can really rebound for his size as well. I think he could guard Bryant, in the tourney of champions he played against a few taller guys and I saw some ridiculous blocks from him. I think he had 6 or 7 in one game. He is a beast.
That's one of the things I was very impressed about Diagne after watching several of his games these past few weeks. He's a much better shot blocker than I had thought before and I can't see any reason why he couldn't hold things down defensively in the middle of the zone.

If TB ends up elsewhere. Then I think we can get by with a Center by committee rotation with DC2, Diagne, and Chino. Plus we'll also have CMac available, who should be much stronger at that point to hold his own for several minutes inside.

I know it has been covered at some point but it just seems like with the number crunch and personnel that SU is going to have to let go of Bryant and go all in on Battle. People have said they are not an either/or but the only sure way for that to be true is if they both use the same scholarship (TB being 1 and done).

Further it seems like we are getting strong signals that we have indeed backed off on BBryat and gone all in on Battle. It will be telling if we don't send someone to the NY event in a week.

That's one of the things I was very impressed about Diagne after watching several of his games these past few weeks. He's a much better shot blocker than I had thought before and I can't see any reason why he couldn't hold things down defensively in the middle of the zone.

If TB ends up elsewhere. Then I think we can get by with a Center by committee rotation with DC2, Diagne, and Chino. Plus we'll also have CMac available, who should be much stronger at that point to hold his own for several minutes inside.

Exactly, height is just a factor in playing down low but some of the best low post players of all time have been undersized (Charles Barkley comes to mind). Diange has plenty of length and he is also a grown man, he has a strong body. He would be just fine, I believe.

Francis03 said:
That's one of the things I was very impressed about Diagne after watching several of his games these past few weeks. He's a much better shot blocker than I had thought before and I can't see any reason why he couldn't hold things down defensively in the middle of the zone. If TB ends up elsewhere. Then I think we can get by with a Center by committee rotation with DC2, Diagne, and Chino. Plus we'll also have CMac available, who should be much stronger at that point to hold his own for several minutes inside.
I mean if we don't get Bryant we gotta be thinking of cutting bait on chino right?

I know it has been covered at some point but it just seems like with the number crunch and personnel that SU is going to have to let go of Bryant and go all in on Battle. People have said they are not an either/or but the only sure way for that to be true is if they both use the same scholarship (TB being 1 and done).

Further it seems like we are getting strong signals that we have indeed backed off on BBryat and gone all in on Battle. It will be telling if we don't send someone to the NY event in a week.

I agree, I think all the momentum right now is leaning towards IU. Battle is more important I think because top guards win championships!

Regardless though, Moustapha at the 4 with Bryant at the 5 would be nuts! Such motor guys, I don't think we would ever have to worry about rebounding because those two would get everything in sight. Hopefully Bryant comes and joins the party!

Plus Roberson who is a high motor rebounder!

Last edited:
Not for nothing but DC better be pretty damn good if he can play next season, it seems like hes been here for 27 years. all the time and effort the staff gave him i hope it pays dividends, not only spot minutes.

He will be a 24 year old senior in 2 years.

Not for nothing but DC better be pretty damn good if he can play next season, it seems like hes been here for 27 years. all the time and effort the staff gave him i hope it pays dividends, not only spot minutes.

It will be interesting, it seems like every announcer who went to one of our practices this year said that Coleman was a dominant force. Against Rak too? That bodes well, but let's see if it correlates to game productivity.

Cuse House said:
It will be interesting, it seems like every announcer who went to one of our practices this year said that Coleman was a dominant force. Against Rak too? That bodes well, but let's see if it correlates to game productivity.
He should be dominate next year to make up for all the non factor hes been with the injuries. Then it would make sense that they didnt cut ties with him.

If all he learned from his time off was not to bring the ball down - I'm good with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom