Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Does anyone follow or know who @syracusebball is on twitter? Dudes funny, claims to hear things and know inside info, but its always after someone else comes out with the news first. He has lots of followers 2...crazy

Stopped following a long time ago. His info on Noel was comical, claimed to be in the know but had no idea of the inner workings. Hes like the incarcerated bob of syracuse recruiting. Educated guesses after another source divulges info. The problem is more often than not those sources are bogus and it blows up in his face.

The biggest thing that cracked me up was when Ennis and MCW both got traded to the Bucks. Instead of just retweeting Woj or one of the other NBA insiders that broke the news, this guy decides to say they got traded according to his "sources" lol say what???? I was saying to myself like ummm if you got league contacts like that then you shouldn't even be doing a SU fan site at this point.
What are you saying Francis? You mean Stephen A. doesn't tweet out recruiting nuggets on Winston-Salem State?

I know it has been covered at some point but it just seems like with the number crunch and personnel that SU is going to have to let go of Bryant and go all in on Battle. People have said they are not an either/or but the only sure way for that to be true is if they both use the same scholarship (TB being 1 and done).

Further it seems like we are getting strong signals that we have indeed backed off on BBryat and gone all in on Battle. It will be telling if we don't send someone to the NY event in a week.

I don't follow that logic at all. We have to let go of Bryant because some random guy tweeted that IU is in good shape for Bryant?

We're under no numbers crunch for next year. And Bryant / Battle aren't mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
When Diagne committed, at the time, we were all under the assumption that he was our guy we wanted to play the 4/5. Of course many thought TB was a lock as well, but Diagne was who we wanted between the two. Point is, we will be fine either way...total luxury if we somehow end up w TB. I really believe DC will give us solid mins next-the practice reports about him are very encouraging.

Bryant is indeed a luxury. If we could count on Coleman for 30 minutes a game all season, there's no need for Bryant. Not that I wouldn't take him. But Bryant just slows Diagne's development, and Diagne is a 3-4 year player while Bryant is a 1-2 year player.

From lurking in the recruiting threads for a while, is the general consensus that if we had to choose Bryant or Battle it would be Battle?

From lurking in the recruiting threads for a while, is the general consensus that if we had to choose Bryant or Battle it would be Battle?

Every day and twice on Sunday, in my opinion

how legit is that blog?

Genuinely it's fairly legit but a lot of posters on here don't particularly like the user because he takes stuff off of here and information from others and spins it as his own.

Genuinely it's fairly legit but a lot of posters on here don't particularly like the user because he takes stuff off of here and information from others and spins it as his own.
So basically how legit can you be if you're reporting news as your own if it's coming from others? That's my biggest beef with the twitter world and these so called "sources". I don't understand why not just give credit to whoever had the info first, and if you want to elaborate your two cents on it then that's cool. To each is own I guess.

If we could absolutely only have one or the other...

Battle. Every day. No questions asked.

Not that I don't think Bryant will be an outstanding player, but Battle is just such a pressing need position for us. That kind of talent, at a position of genuine need?

Yes, please.

If we are backing off of Bryant, than we should start the sanctions next year.
That means somebody else would have to go to get down to 10. If we don't get Bryant they probably feel they need a third center because of DC2's injury history. Too high risk to have just Diagne and DC2.

Shawn91111 said:

When you have 2 potentially great players, I'd take the big. They are harder to find and you can never have enough of them. Bryant.

So basically how legit can you be if you're reporting news as your own if it's coming from others? That's my biggest beef with the twitter world and these so called "sources". I don't understand why not just give credit to whoever had the info first, and if you want to elaborate your two cents on it then that's cool. To each is own I guess.

I agree, I didn't mean that as a slight to anyone on here either, just to clear that up. My post was more to the point that the info is usually good because it gets it from the smart people on here! Which makes the info legit, not necessarily the person who posted it.

Cuse House said:
I agree, I didn't mean that as a slight to anyone on here either, just to clear that up. My post was more to the point that the info is usually good because it gets it from the smart people on here! Which makes the info legit, not necessarily the person who posted it.
Theres people here that steal info and post it on their twitter as their own. As ive been told plenty of times.

I don't follow that logic at all. We have to let go of Bryant because some random guy tweeted that IU is in good shape for Bryant?

We're under no numbers crunch for next year. And Bryant / Battle aren't mutually exclusive.

My thinking has nothing to do with somebody saying he is leaning IU. It is more related to the fact that multiple people have said we haven't been in contact with him for a while. I get the feeling that some folks here with good info disagree with that being the case. But we know for sure that we have been extremely proactive with both Battle and Moyer but heard nothing from the Bryant camp.

Then there is the numbers game. I have seen a general swell of support for the idea that we can fit both TBs on the 10 man roster but I haven't actually seen how it is possible without some serious assumption making. In other words, you have to go out pretty far on a limb to get Byrant in terms of risking the loss of Battle. Battle being such a bigger need combined with the clear signals we have that he is the highest priority for the staff makes me think we may have taken ourselves out of the Bryant race.

On top of all that, I thought the university said we were going to take one of the scholarship hits starting this coming year.

On top of all that, I thought the university said we were going to take one of the scholarship hits starting this coming year.

When you're saying one of the scholarship hits, I assume you mean we will get down to 10 players because we can't start the reduction by just one or two scholarships. We'd have to get down to 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom