Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

Resale prices are coming down again. If you want to get in the building you can do so for 50-60 all in. If you have the means really good seats are available in the 250 range.

Since you know you can get in for no more than 75 if you want to, lowest priced ticket from SU, why not wait for SU to put better seats on fire sale or wait for resellers to put their tickets on unload price. You get them instantly so with this much inventory you can wait until Sat morning.

Last edited:
Resale prices are coming down again. If you want to get in the building you can do so for 50-60 all in. If you have the means really good seats are available in the 250 range.

Since you know you can get in for no more than 75 if you want to, lowest priced ticket from SU, why not wait for SU to put better seats on fire sale or wait for resellers to put their tickets on unload price. You get them instantly so with this much inventory you can wait until Sat morning.
If people are getting more familiar with the “dynamic pricing “ they may be using that strategy more often. We will see if we have some sort of surge in the last 24 hours .

I feel bad for the kids if this isn’t a huge crowd. What more could they do? They won 2 tough games, they’re undefeated, biggest name on the schedule and people still aren’t going? I get it that noon is tough time but these kids deserve more support

Per the U.S. Census Bureau, the population in Onondaga County is almost exactly the same as it was in 1980. There might not be as much demand for the product, but it’s not due to less available potential ticket buyers.
I think his population argument is of course, wrong but that doesn't mean that the 400K living in Onondaga today have the same average disposable income that the 400K had in 80s when companies like carrier were running the show. I do think that if Syracuse was never bad at football then the team would be in the same place that basketball was 2 years ago - still having big crowds despite down years in the economy. That being said, Clemson not being a top 10 team hurts, a terrible home slate hurts for casual season tickets, bad economy hurts and (because it got my wife and her family recently) Covid having a bit of resurgence is a really awful combination of events to happen right as the team is seemingly capable of competing when at full strength.

Very frustrating thread. I wish we could fill the place. Best game I ever attended (other than WVU ‘87 11-0) was Miami ‘93 I think, when Gedney was stopped 2 yards short of the end zone. We lost of course, but the Dome was packed and ridiculously loud that night. 2nd place Florida “92. This particular team deserves it.
Miami was '92, Florida was '91

I feel bad for the kids if this isn’t a huge crowd. What more could they do? They won 2 tough games, they’re undefeated, biggest name on the schedule and people still aren’t going? I get it that noon is tough time but these kids deserve more support
There is only one answer to this question.

As an aside, I think attendance Saturday will be somewhat better than most are predicting.

I'm trying to work today I really am but all I can think about is Derek McDonald coming off Klubdik's blindside edge unblocked
And it being announced over the PA in the Dome with everyone screaming.

Sorry, that probably just made it worse.

Stub Hub had 94 views in last hour, I mention it because it’s similar #s to NC State Week. Of course to this point we haven’t seen the same results , or even close .

Imagine being a donor and seeing the biggest effort to market the renovation of a historical college sports arena being a birds eye view camera fixed on a crane during construction.

Theres many many many opportunities to market these games between a good on field product, a new dome, a nationally relevant opponent, last opportunity to see the old interior etc etc etc

No hype generation at all.

This would be a great tactic, but is the university willing to eat the loss?

The SB Nation site wrote a piece on this topic:
Syracuse football should be attracting a capacity crowd for Clemson. Instead, fans are lukewarm.

This line is, in my opinion, the most likely…

"Plenty of people in the region can’t afford to cough up $73 per ticket at minimum, plus parking, food, etc. to go, and SU looks out of touch for failing to realize that."

I’ve been trying to say this as often as I can to my ticket reps about the constant barrage of the new seating with “new premium options”

Just looked at the map. Looks like crap. As in ola

Yeah, we will be lucky to have 40k in the dome by Saturday

They still have them every other row which means a lot of tickets not even released yet

"Plenty of people in the region can’t afford to cough up $73 per ticket at minimum, plus parking, food, etc. to go, and SU looks out of touch for failing to realize that."

I’ve been trying to say this as often as I can to my ticket reps about the constant barrage of the new seating with “new premium options”
I’m not going to the game or watching it sadly as I have a family obligation but I can watch the game in front on my 75inch tv and smoke a brisket, and 5 racks of ribs for less money than that.

Fixed
You beat this drum every day. God forbid anyone question the fans desire to come

What’s that say to the people that bought tickets? Also, you can’t keep banging the marketing drum and then complain you get too many emails.

The pricing is too high and people don’t care enough to spend it. That’s the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom