Closer Look @ SU Unis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Closer Look @ SU Unis

I have both of the new T-Shirts already, both have the "Lock The Gate" on the back of the shirt below the neck line on the outside. Love them.

thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx

I need that orange shirt. Where did you get it?

To me the key will be how they look on TV. I know that may sound dumb, but that's how Tex Schramm made his decision on the Dallas Cowboys uniforms.

What about them makes you think "gangish"? Seriously, I don't see it at all. And, I'm a suburbanite senior citizen and I love them. Before anyone says anything, senior citizen does not equate to senility.
the crossed axes, the wacky font, the weird lines in the numbers. I dont know that many Su fans outside of this board, but my informal pole of the people i know who go to games is running easily 80% dislike the uniforms. As I said my kids HS team, the kids i have talked too which is about half the team hates them. the kids at college that I have talked too dont like them and most of them are athletes but not fball players for the most part. Then again our school is about as traditional as it gets for uniforms.

It seems I missed the presser in which 'Lock the Gate' was rolled out as our official motto.

I love the unis...it pays homage to the past (SU) and gives a nod of respect to the soldiers at Ft Drum.

The 44 battle axes to me looks like a guidon flag used in the military...really well done

It means several things to me: 44, battle axes and a guidon. I can see any of those 3 things.

2ndpotomac.jpg

Last edited:
the crossed axes, the wacky font, the weird lines in the numbers. I dont know that many Su fans outside of this board, but my informal pole of the people i know who go to games is running easily 80% dislike the uniforms. As I said my kids HS team, the kids i have talked too which is about half the team hates them. the kids at college that I have talked too dont like them and most of them are athletes but not fball players for the most part. Then again our school is about as traditional as it gets for uniforms.

That's weird since it seems close to 100% of current players, and recruits seem to love them?

swish7 said:
It seems I missed the presser in which 'Lock the Gate' was rolled out as our official motto.

It stems from Shafers intro presser, when he spoke of locking the Dome doors on their opponents. The Blue and Gray unis both say lock the gate, and the white jersey's collar says DISCIPLINE.

The t-shirts are great- SU Bookstore had them when I stopped in a couple of weeks ago. Might be cheaper at Dick's or somewhere else. I like the various uniform combinations, especially like the all-white look which I think will play well on the road in an afternoon game.

Dislike the numbers- the shape, the stripes which go in opposite directions on each number. Curious to see how the blue unis look on tv as the lack of a contrasting trim around the numbers on the blue ones might make them hard to decipher. I mean my fear is that no tv announcer will be able to tell our players apart and that won't make a great national impression. Wish we had the NCAA Football game to see how they look "live"

It was never rolled out as an official motto but it is hard-nosed and has been adopted by the team and coaches. It appears by Nike and the fans as well.

Shafer actually said it in his first press conference when he was introduced as the new head coach.

I love the new unis and what they represent and that there is a meaning behind most everything.

That's weird since it seems close to 100% of current players, and recruits seem to love them?
arent most of the recruits really city kids? I dont think we are getting many kids from class C-D type schools. I dont really have a problem with it since they are not recruiting me.

I would love for them to incorporate it into the intro video, show the train cruising down the tracks going through 2 giant iron double doors onto the football field the team runs out, whistle goes off, crowd goes nuts and you see the 2 giant irons doors slam shut and lock and as loud as the sound system goes shakes the dome.

Would be awesome!

I thought Shafer said "lock the doors" in that opening presser and Nike just switched it to gate. Not a big difference, but wonder why they didn't go with "Lock the Dome"

It stems from Shafers intro presser, when he spoke of locking the Dome doors on their opponents. The Blue and Gray unis both say lock the gate, and the white jersey's collar says DISCIPLINE.

thx

I would love for them to incorporate it into the intro video, show the train cruising down the tracks going through 2 giant iron double doors onto the football field the team runs out, whistle goes off, crowd goes nuts and you see the 2 giant irons doors slam shut and lock and as loud as the sound system goes shakes the dome.

Would be awesome!
I emailed that exact idea to the AD quite awhile ago.

I am lucky enough to have a wife that tolerates my craziness, she bought them both for me on our anniversary. She got them in the SU store in Great Northern Mall.

She checks all the time to see if they have any new stuff for me.

Definite keeper!

I thought Shafer said "lock the doors" in that opening presser and Nike just switched it to gate. Not a big difference, but wonder why they didn't go with "Lock the Dome"

It was "lock the doors". Don't know why it got downgraded to "lock the gates". Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom