cooney needs his own thread after that | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

cooney needs his own thread after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four years of Cooney threads. Four. Years.
I would say 3 years as in 2013 the team was good enough as he was just a role player and I would make the argument Cooney's career highlight was in 2013 in the BET semifinals against Georgetown. He gave us 10 huge points in that game and helped us end that rivalry in proper fashion.

The last 3 years he has been hammered and its mainly because he is treated like a Superstar by JB. We lost to Dayton because we couldn't hit shots. Only Ennis/Grant did anything that game.

Last year we couldn't hit perimeter shots.

This year we are getting inconsistent play from a 5th year senior. Enough is enough with different standard for the guy.

Well, it's been well documented that there aren't any options. Our guard depth is woefully thin. Joseph is a bust, missing on Patterson, etc. It all contributes to Cooney having to play too much. The staff betrayed him but even Cooney should know not to shoot that last shot.
Howard is a much better player and it's not close

I would say 3 years as in 2013 the team was good enough as he was just a role player and I would make the argument Cooney's career highlight was in 2013 in the BET semifinals against Georgetown. He gave us 10 huge points in that game and helped us end that rivalry in proper fashion.

The last 3 years he has been hammered and its mainly because he is treated like a Superstar by JB. We lost to Dayton because we couldn't hit shots. Only Ennis/Grant did anything that game.

Last year we couldn't hit perimeter shots.

This year we are getting inconsistent play from a 5th year senior. Enough is enough with different standard for the guy.

Count me in the crowd that thought as a 5th year senior he would somehow put it together and be the player the staff seems to think he already is. I was unfortunately wrong.

Howard is a much better player and it's not close

I'm not ready to go that far yet but it just further illustrates that most of our guards right now are subpar including Cooney, a 5th year senior.

I don't the staff counted on 1 year from Ennis, 2 years from MCW, and a complete bust from Kaleb.

Hard to have an issue with your 5th year senior taking the last shot. It's just, that player happens to be a lot less efficient on offense than you'd ideally like.

Four years of Cooney threads. Four. Years.
Not for nothing, but I don't get your point. No one is calling out TC for the hell of it, we all want him to be successful and help get some W's. The point is he's been a major dissapointment and we're past the point of patience.
What you're seeing is frustration and the requisite venting by folks who've been constantly let down. Isn't that what the board is for?

I don't the staff counted on 1 year from Ennis, 2 years from MCW, and a complete bust from Kaleb.

True but that doesn't absolve them. Teams are dealing with early defections everywhere. Another guard could've been brought in with Ennis. Joseph, Patterson, etc. were huge misses. Unfortunately right now we can't afford to be missing on any guards.

True but that doesn't absolve them. Teams are dealing with early defections everywhere. Another guard could've been brought in with Ennis. Joseph, Patterson, etc. were huge misses. Unfortunately right now we can't afford to be missing on any guards.
Well at least we don't chase guys like Jamal Murray.

Hard to have an issue with your 5th year senior taking the last shot. It's just, that player happens to be a lot less efficient on offense than you'd ideally like.

Well, unfortunately, it's a 5th year guy who has never hit a clutch shot ever for SU. He may of had somewhat comparable shooting stats to GMac's (I believe I read that here some time ago) but GMac came up clutch in big moments...several times throughout his tenure here.

article-2154837-0E83EDA800000578-438_623x487.jpg

Note to self:

-Slamming the 40 something year old coach who's out of his league, is board heresy.
-Slamming the 20 something year old kids trying their best, is board coolness.

Got it.

Well, it's been well documented that there aren't any options. Our guard depth is woefully thin. Joseph is a bust, missing on Patterson, etc. It all contributes to Cooney having to play too much. The staff betrayed him but even Cooney should know not to shoot that last shot.

He doesn't have to play that much. Frank is more than adequate to get minutes (no, I haven't watched the game yet). This is all JB.

I know, my thought process after the inbound went to TC, and I'm pretty sure I heard this being yelled across the country, was this:

Not Cooney.
Not Cooney.
Not Cooney.

Cooney.

:(

I was driving in the car and had the same thought process. But wasn't surprised at all.

Note to self:

-Slamming the 40 something year old coach who's out of his league, is board heresy.
-Slamming the 20 something year old kids trying their best, is board coolness.

Got it.
He's 23. Not criticizing is coddling at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom