Class of 2014 - Corey Cooper WR from Raleigh, NC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Corey Cooper WR from Raleigh, NC

I really don't know what to make of this. Doesn't make sense, unless there are eligibility issues.
Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 10.28.23 PM.png

If they take their phones then Brisly must be in Syracuse rehabbing his ankle because he was on a tweet spree earlier.

Really too bad about Cooper after all it took to get him here.

I really don't know what to make of this. Doesn't make sense, unless there are eligibility issues. View attachment 21203

We do have 16 wr's on the roster and right now looks like he is stuck behind Brisly, and Avant, who are only Freshman, and Sophmoroes themselves. There may be some other things as well, but no use speculating.

Very, very surprising and odd all at the same time. Must be a back-story we don't know about...

anomander said:
We do have 16 wr's on the roster and right now looks like he is stuck behind Brisly, and Avant, who are only Freshman, and Sophmoroes themselves. There may be some other things as well, but no use speculating.

Could be a number of reasons, but I was getting the sense he wasn't going to see the field much as heralded as he was coming out of high school.

Best of luck to Corey at his next school. He came in January, wonder why he's leaving.

I'd be willing to bet that Shafer, McDonald and a few veterans have a talk with him tonight/tomorrow and he stays. Naturally, I don't know the details of the situation, but it seems kind of a rash decision seeing as it's mid-August.

Bortukal said:
I'd be willing to bet that Shafer, McDonald and a few veterans have a talk with him tonight/tomorrow and he stays. Naturally, I don't know the details of the situation, but it seems kind of rash decision seeing as it's mid-August.

If he chooses a lesser school, it was probably about his future and playing time.

It can't be homesickness if he started in January.

this is a bummer, hate to see kids transfer so early in their college career.

If he chooses a lesser school, it was probably about his future and playing time.

It can't be homesickness if he started in January.
Agree. But transferring now doesn't make any sense. He'll miss an entire season, and who knows what can happen between now and December with injuries and such.

He should at least wait out the first semester, by then we will be almost completing our perfect season, on our way to the playoffs, our practice facility will be done and Brisly will be a Heisman candidate . This making Corey realize he should not transfer and will stay at Syracuse...problem solved!

I'd be willing to bet that Shafer, McDonald and a few veterans have a talk with him tonight/tomorrow and he stays. Naturally, I don't know the details of the situation, but it seems kind of a rash decision seeing as it's mid-August.

It looks like Shafer has been aware of this and helping him along with the process of transferring. They must have known this was coming since he didn't play in Saturday's scrimmage.

Disappointing. But I wish the kid luck--too bad things didn't work out.

I wonder if we recruit an H-back type player for the 2015 class now? I know we are young at the position but it's still a gap that needs to be filled.

I wonder if we recruit an H-back type player for the 2015 class now? I know we are young at the position but it's still a gap that needs to be filled.

You're raising an interesting point--from a "fishes and loaves" perspective, this opens up another spot.

This is unfortunate. Best of luck to him. Who knows, maybe he realized he didn't want to play D1 football? Good to do this now.

How will the transfer rules work? My memory is fuzzy isn't this how Raymon got screwed and hit to sit the following year? I'd assume Corey would transfer, get registered for Fall semester, sit out as RS, and be good to go the following year?

Alex Parkinson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom