Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season)

Ryan O’Neil is going to hell because of what he did to her. His parenting just adds to how evil he is

Fate!
Fate can be a trap in our path,
The bitter cup of your tears,
Your wine of wrath!

Fate can be shade of the desert blaze,
Sudden food in a famine found,
The sound of praise!
Incomprehensible and strange,
Fate can play a trick with the twine
To weave the evil and good
In one design!
And so, my Destiny,
I look at you and cannot see
Is it good, is it ill?
Am I blessed, am I cursed?
Is it honey on my tongue or brine?
What fate, what fate is mine?

I think it should be a foregone conclusion Leary isn’t playing but it’s going to be interesting to see how Syracuse holds up with a state going run heavy. This change is going to be very bad for one team and very good for the other team. I don’t think there is any in between.

Yeah, NC State's pass D is no joke.

Why do you think their passing offense has been so bad with Leary? Yards per attempt, Opp adjusted - 2nd worst in the ACC? If Leary can't go, will they attempt to throw at all?
Truth be told our WRs can not get seperation but at the same time Leary has been pressing all year probably because of all the hype he had going in. We just don’t have as much as we had thought and hoped at WR. Thayer Thomas is a very good college WR but other than him it’s close to being a mess. Devin Carter was supposed to fill the Emeka Emezie roll but it appears as if he hasn’t put in the work needed to be the guy. Doeren has missed on WR recruiting it has become obvious.

Chambers can throw, he put up over 400 yards vs ECU last season but there’s no way that Doeren let’s him loose vs this Syracuse defense. He’s going to be asked to basically not screw it up so there will be some passing but I doubt he will take any deep shots. I believe the plan will mainly be pound the rock and let the defense keep you in it and try to win it in the 4th.

It's kind of a stretch to discount stats in a dogfight of a game that NCSU almost lost (ECU and FSU).
I see what you’re saying but the prevent defense almost prevented two wins as it seems to always do. It is what it is but the games have been very odd and State has generally held teams to among their lowest scoring outputs of the season.

Truth be told our WRs can not get seperation but at the same time Leary has been pressing all year probably because of all the hype he had going in. We just don’t have as much as we had thought and hoped at WR. Thayer Thomas is a very good college WR but other than him it’s close to being a mess. Devin Carter was supposed to fill the Emeka Emezie roll but it appears as if he hasn’t put in the work needed to be the guy. Doeren has missed on WR recruiting it has become obvious.

Chambers can throw, he put up over 400 yards vs ECU last season but there’s no way that Doeren let’s him loose vs this Syracuse defense. He’s going to be asked to basically not screw it up so there will be some passing but I doubt he will take any deep shots. I believe the plan will mainly be pound the rock and let the defense keep you in it and try to win it in the 4th.
Appreciate the honesty. We’ve had similar issues at WR. I think the QB issue tilts this thing in our favor - but we respect the hell out of your defense and expect a rock fight.

I believe the plan will mainly be pound the rock and let the defense keep you in it and try to win it in the 4th.
Ah, yes. The football strategy that isn't actually a strategy.

Good luck with that. And by good luck with that, I mean that more as a nicety than with any sincerity. I actually wish you terrible luck with that because it would be awesome to lock in our 6th win and remain undefeated.

Great post and welcome to our board. Couple of questions-what board is the best NC State fan board? What's your guys take of Doeren always getting mentioned for other job openings ala Tom O'brien-Any idea why?

I agree with you. Guessing Syracuse plays it conservative as well and the game ends up very low scoring, with lots of ineffective running, 3 and outs and punting.

Neither team wants to make a mistake and turn it over in their own territory.

I agree with you. Guessing Syracuse plays it conservative as well and the game ends up very low scoring, with lots of ineffective running, 3 and outs and punting.

Neither team wants to make a mistake and turn it over in their own territory.
Chambers played at Charleston Southern. I doubt he has ever faced the pressure cooker he is going to get on Saturday. Except for there games at Bryant of course. Get after him early!!

Could this be the game SU finally tries a trick play that works?

Why that’s soooo frustrating is -
They did work!!
Just really poor execution of them.
LeQuint will be getting grief from his teammates for that duck he “threw” for the rest of his Cuse career.

So - the play designs and timing of when they were called was spot-on.
We can’t miss gimmes like that when they are there for the taking.

Great post and welcome to our board. Couple of questions-what board is the best NC State fan board? What's your guys take of Doeren always getting mentioned for other job openings ala Tom O'brien-Any idea why?
packpride.com is the best board

We never really expect Doeren to be seriously considered for a job that’s more higher profile than NC State. Like he was mentioned for the Nebraska job but they would have to be down to their last options. He’s not a coach that can come in and turn things right around. He builds a program and in this day and age no big name program can afford to wait 3 or 4 years to get rolling. His family loves Raleigh so he wouldn’t leave for a similar job unless the money is too hard to pass up. He’s at 5 million a year here and there’s nobody that’s going to go much higher than that.

Yeah, I don't see him attempting 61 passes vs. SU like he did in that game either. I agree that when he does pass, it'll be a lot of dink and dunk.

“I don’t think Leary will play this weekend, because they will be alright without him this weekend. BUT he wants to play against Virginia Tech”.

The greatest gift this year is the perception of our brand. The gift that keeps on giving.

“I don’t think Leary will play this weekend, because they will be alright without him this weekend. BUT he wants to play against Virginia Tech”.

The greatest gift this year is the perception of our brand. The gift that keeps on giving.

Apparently they don’t realize we’re 5-0 and right behind them at #18 in the country while VT is 2-4 with wins over Wofford and BC. If they don’t know football they should stick to hoops.

Apparently they don’t realize we’re 5-0 and right behind them at #18 in the country while VT is 2-4 with wins over Wofford and BC. If they don’t know football they should stick to hoops.
True but we don't have the best record for the last 20 years. Who cares what they think, let our play do the talking. Once we have a few consecutive years of winning football the narrative will change. Until then kick @$$ and win. Simple.

I'll say it again...they are 13-2 all time against us, why would they think any different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom