Disgusted...but? | Syracusefan.com

Disgusted...but?

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
Realized a while back what this was. However I decided to look forward to the ACCT and felt I would have fun rooting for the boys go for the NIT title. It is what it is. If we have a chance to win something I want to win it. But after today? My hope and faith in this team is damaged. The silver lining is grey at best. Gonna pour another drink, watch hoops tommorow..Monday...Tuesday and be ready for Wednesday night. If we are going to end this UNC streak why not do it in G'Boro in the acct? But that's probably it. Let's just get that maybe?

Realized a while back what this was. However I decided to look forward to the ACCT and felt I would have fun rooting for the boys go for the NIT title. It is what it is. If we have a chance to win something I want to win it. But after today? My hope and faith in this team is damaged. The silver lining is grey at best. Gonna pour another drink, watch hoops tommorow..Monday...Tuesday and be ready for Wednesday night. If we are going to end this UNC streak why not do it in G'Boro in the acct? But that's probably it. Let's just get that maybe?

The 2nd highlighted portion(especially after securing the winning record streak, lol), would actually make me feel ok considering this a successful season, having done something far better SU teams haven't done.

The first highlight, of course, made me think of the Grateful Dead's song, "Touch Of Grey", and the chorus that, "Every silver lining's got a...touch of grey".

It's on target for this, beause it ends by repeating:

We will get by
We will get by
We will get by
We will survive

The 2nd highlighted portion(especially after securing the winning record streak, lol), would actually make me feel ok considering this a successful season, having done something far better SU teams haven't done.

The first highlight, of course, made me think of the Grateful Dead's song, "Touch Of Grey", and the chorus that, "Every silver lining's got a...touch of grey".

It's on target for this, beause it ends by repeating:

We will get by
We will get by
We will get by
We will survive
I figured you’d go for the other line “it’s even worse than it appears, but it’s alright.”

Saw Bobby and company (like13 others!) tonight at the Ryman. Absolutely incredible show, like he knew the ghosts of that place we’re watching him.

I figured you’d go for the other line “it’s even worse than it appears, but it’s alright.”

Saw Bobby and company (like13 others!) tonight at the Ryman. Absolutely incredible show, like he knew the ghosts of that place we’re watching him.

Man that made me smile!!!! I did see something similar at Red Rocks years ago with Joan Osbourne, and they actually closed with that song! Probably not the same as with John Mayer, etc(I'm guessing that was the one you were referring to?), but Joan adds value in her own way.

We can hope for the best, but...

Take heart my brother. Stranger things have happened, and like I was getting at, either way we will get by. All of us here now already weathered a probation and being banned(some more than others ;) ), and I take this as a reminder of how subjective the events of life can be. (

I'll note that I've said things this season that would mock what I'm saying now, but I think even that is a good example of how we can decide to change our attitudes/feelings at any time, even if the results are not immediate.

Man that made me smile!!!! I did see something similar at Red Rocks years ago with Joan Osbourne, and they actually closed with that song! Probably not the same as with John Mayer, etc(I'm guessing that was the one you were referring to?), but Joan adds value in her own way.
Nice! No, this was his 3 piece acoustic trio (wolf brothers with Don Was and Jay Lane) but they literally had about ten different guest stars come up for different pieces and they turned it into a fundraiser for Nashville. Like, AMAZING names and talents, one after the other...and sometimes all at once

Last night was more of a stinger for me than I expected it would be. Reason being is that in the back of my small orange brain I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, we could get back on the bubble finishing the regular season with 7 conference road wins and two solid wins in the ACC tourney. Failure to make baskets last night ended those thoughts. I guess we just now have to win the whole damn thing. Man, Thursday morning is going to be rough. I think I'm going to need to start planning an excuse at work so I don't have to go in until mid morning. Good thing my boss doesn't read this board.

Well, the last time before this year that I went into the conference tournament thinking “this team stinks and has ZERO chance to make the tournament” was 2006.

Well, the last time before this year that I went into the conference tournament thinking “this team stinks and has ZERO chance to make the tournament” was 2006.

I know - in the back of my mind I still think we have a chance. Why the heck not.

We just need to catch a break on match-ups, and Buddy and/or JGIII to get hot and one to provide some sustained decent all-around play.

I did really think JB, at some point, would attempt to integrate Goodine more into the roster for defensive reasons, and the fact that he doesn't seem inept on offense - and it's REALLY concerning to me that we made very little attempt to do so. I'm befuddled. I don't think we can survive just going 40 full minutes every game with these guys. I have no idea what we're even doing in that regard. Just feels lazy.

That being said, a healthy Eli is still an amazing player, Buddy could get hot, JGIII is streaky, and Sidibe has had some strong performances of late. If we get lucky and Marek avoids fouls, we run the offense a bit more through him/Eli depending on match-ups - who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom