DL Jatius Geer transferring to South Carolina | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

DL Jatius Geer transferring to South Carolina

NIL is a big factor with the proven players and the high upside guys. Every year teams have to decide who they will fight for and who they will let go.
And that’s the big change now and it affects everyone - recruits, transfers and guys on the roster. It makes it so much more difficult for mid tier and below programs. The big spenders even have a larger margin for error now.

And that’s the big change now and it affects everyone - recruits, transfers and guys on the roster. It makes it so much more difficult for mid tier and below programs. The big spenders even have a larger margin for error now.
good points

That’s too bad. Jobity and the new kid from Buffalo have to be ready to absorb those snaps. Keep with the three man from and have Thompson put his hand on the ground and get Bailey on the field.

SU has to play money ball.

Brick Scheeethouse Perry is physically ready to play. Hopefully he is ready for the mental side, if so...watch out. Perry is my super sleeper pick for the defense next year. Calling it now!

Why not? The coaches and Admins are adults supporting wives and children. Do you think we give a damn if a college kid doesn't get a million dollars to jump schools when most of us have been paying back our loans for 20 years? The only people that can stop this crap are the fans themselves who get on the same page and boycott college sports until they reverse the process that ruined the system. Probably way too much to ask.
A lot of these kids are supporting their parents, grandparents and siblings.

That’s too bad. Jobity and the new kid from Buffalo have to be ready to absorb those snaps. Keep with the three man from and have Thompson put his hand on the ground and get Bailey on the field.

SU has to play money ball.
I really like Bailey. He will be making some big time plays this fall.

Brick Scheeethouse Perry is physically ready to play. Hopefully he is ready for the mental side, if so...watch out. Perry is my super sleeper pick for the defense next year. Calling it now!
Ha. He certainly appears to have that kind of talent to me as well. That dude is under rated. But I think we have some other potential on the roster already with some more experience that will play ahead of him because they better know what’s going in with the position mentally. Maybe if Perry was an early enrollee he would have a decent chance for a lot of snaps from the get go. But I could see him getting major snaps later in the year or if an injury or two occurs. I also wouldn’t be surprised at all to to see him start at DE in 2024 playing the bigger DE spot that Okechuwu holds now.

I don't feel jaded about portal stuff because Syracuse has done a good job bringing in new talent (Ingraham, Gould, Bellamy etc). People won't like it but the portal increases the chance Syracuse has a good one-off year to sneak into the expanded playoff.
what we bring in compared to what goes out isn’t even close. i mean not even in the same league close. We’re losing multiple year all league players for guys who literally haven’t played a snap of cfb yet and someone who was cut from Bama and looks to be dead from injuries. There is no sunshine in this for us.

what we bring in compared to what goes out isn’t even close. i mean not even in the same league close. We’re losing multiple year all league players for guys who literally haven’t played a snap of cfb yet and someone who was cut from Bama and looks to be dead from injuries. There is no sunshine in this for us.
How about we let the new guys play a game or two before you step all over them?

NIL is a big factor with the proven players and the high upside guys. Every year teams have to decide who they will fight for and who they will let go.
It’s definitely a factor for the proven starters, but there are few of those in the portal right now. The starters in the portal right now are getting 20-30 offers day one. The second/third string promising guys are even getting 10-20 offers and there is little NIL involved with the majority of these players. Just opportunities.

It’s definitely a factor for the proven starters, but there are few of those in the portal right now. The starters in the portal right now are getting 20-30 offers day one. The second/third string promising guys are even getting 10-20 offers and there is little NIL involved with the majority of these players. Just opportunities.
No one will disagree with that but in regards to JT, NIL is a factor.

My interest in college football/basketball is waning big time. I’m almost checked out. I never thought in a million years I’d think that.

Thank god lacrosse is a non revenue sport, it’ll pretty much stay pure.
You think LAX is immune from poaching and "NIL"? All you need is a big pocket booster at a private school who's willing to offset tuition that the partial scholarship doesn't cover and that would be enough for some.

The athletic administration leadership stock is plummeting in my mind currently. We are a scared program. You think South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Florida st, Clemson etc is scared of infractions? We have PTSD. Shoo’ed away a very good NIL asset in weitsman. Idk man I’m just SMH a LOT lately.
My concern is that if the NCAA is going to attempt to make an example out of a program around NIL, it is going to be a private university they go after not a state school. State schools tend to have much more pull with their congressional representatives thus have the NCAA attempt to drop the hammer on one of them and the NCAA will be in front of congress answering questions

It's why the first school the NCAA looked at for NIL issues was Miami when it could have easily started sniffing around schools like Texas A&M. Just look at the penalties NCAA hands out to state vs private schools with their investigations historically, any athletic department at a private university would have a but of pause.

If Geer is the only two deep player that leaves thats a win for the program.

Tick tock, just 2 more days.

And Geer could still come back, right?

Considering we already lost Duce, Jahad and Linton I don't think that's possible. If we lose Marlowe we should fold the program for the year.

We all hyped Stephon Thompson last year (deservedly so). He went down with an injury the first game and we never saw him again. Everything turned out fine.

As it will if we lose more than Geer.

If your expectations are that we win the ACC, you probably want to temper them. We're at the 6-7 wins is gravy stage in the evolution of Syracuse football.

We all hyped Stephon Thompson last year (deservedly so). He went down with an injury the first game and we never saw him again. Everything turned out fine.

As it will if we lose more than Geer.

If your expectations are that we win the ACC, you probably want to temper them. We're at the 6-7 wins is gravy stage in the evolution of Syracuse football.
I go into every year thinking NATTY OR BUST!!!!. Needless to say I usually bust pretty fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom