Duke Gameday... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Gameday...

Now a long off season to wait till next year. My wife laughs at me cause normally she gets angry that i never show anger or get mad or pissed off with things. Drives her crazy cause she can get mad on a lot of things small or big(woman). Only time i seem to get that way is during syracuse lax lol. Makes her feel better that finally showed some emotions and makes her feel like she isn’t totally crazy.

My 5yr old son has also learned that when syracuse wins, time to ask daddy for things he wants(cause he gets it as in good mood). When cuse loses tells mommy”daddy isn’t in good mood let’s let him cool down n take some breaths).

4 wins to 8 is a good jump. Win 4 more next year and we're at 12. Things looking up, a rebuild is never easy. It is happening, patience will pay off. GG doing exactly what he has to.

4 wins to 8 is a good jump.
it is until you remember most people in here were predicting 9 or 10. at the end of the day they still went 0-6 against the top 10

going 2-1 against unc and princeton marks an improvement even though both those teams were below expectations this year especially princeton

orange will be in playoff hunt next year but the top of the ACC isn't getting any easier

Is there a pay side post where the rumored transfers and late commits are listed? Keep seeing them hinted at and saw a name earlier in this thread but no rundown.

4 wins to 8 is a good jump. Win 4 more next year and we're at 12. Things looking up, a rebuild is never easy. It is happening, patience will pay off. GG doing exactly what he has to.
if i recall correctly lars tiff first two years at uva weren’t great either as believe they didn’t beat a acc team first two years of him taking over. Might of beaten one in his second year. But his third year is when they went to chip and won. Gaits third year is next year maby can follow in foot steps.

lars first year they were 8-7 with no acc wins. Second year they were 12-6 with two acc wins unc n split with cuse. Third year 17-3 n won chip. So finished 8-7 this year cuse did so maby we skip to 17-3 n chip. lol

Grant they have gotten big time recruits every year and lars is just a sensational coach and person.

Is Mark interested in transferring?
Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything with that. We've seen the off season do some mysterious things but as of right now he plans on being here next year.

I took that last part off my post so others don't get confused or think he's looking to leave.

He’s not wrong if the rumored transfers are coming in. This team returns a ton of firepower on offense. They will be very good. Defense is obviously a question mark but they get Figuerias back. I’m very high on next years team despite the sour finish to this season.
SU seemed timid at the start on d and at FO. Gradually, the offense dragged some toughness out of the whole team. There is a lot to be excited about next year. Even Sageder showed on the wing a couple of times. Coaches unleashed the kids to make mistakes and experiment on offense. In hs Rhoa took 10 to 15 yard shots from out front, did not show his athleticism. He did today. Leo changed his game, but today he seemed to look to pass most of the time. Dwan will get bigger, stronger and faster. Coaches must find at least one more big strong experienced long or SU could repeat this year's defensive problems next year.
I think overall SU and D played fairly evenly over the last 21/2 quarters. I said a few weeks ago that SU will have to outscore teams to win, meaning they cannot expect to match another ACC team defensively until they add some studs on d. Let's play one more game.

I wouldn't go that far but if we get a guy who can be North of 50% and get Figuerias back healthy and Stevenson were looking at a tourney Team at minimum.
Apologies for the laziness…

Who is Stevenson?

it is until you remember most people in here were predicting 9 or 10. at the end of the day they still went 0-6 against the top 10

going 2-1 against unc and princeton marks an improvement even though both those teams were below expectations this year especially princeton

orange will be in playoff hunt next year but the top of the ACC isn't getting any easier

There’s a lot of seniors; offensively and defensively. Dickson, Williams, Cormier, Kavanaugh come to mind. Lotta offense and leadership to replace.

Last edited:
When I look over the league stats, there are some glaring red marks that need to be improved that alone will win games. Syracuse is
-last in ground balls
-last in caused turnovers
-last in shots
-last in goals
-first in penalty’s,
-2nd in penalty minutes
(we have the leagues best man down unit I can’t imagine if we didn’t)
-last in shot percentage
-next to last in assists
-lasts in points per game
While we love the offense we’re actually not very good in the conference standings.

When I look over the league stats, there are some glaring red marks that need to be improved that alone will win games. Syracuse is
-last in ground balls
-last in shots
-last in goals
-first in penalty’s,
-2nd in penalty minutes
-last in shot percentage
-next to last in assists
While we love the offense we’re actually not very good in the conference standings.
Cant score without the rock

There’s a lot of seniors; offensively and defensively. Dickson, Williams, Cormier, Kavanaugh come to mind. Lotta offense and leadership to replace.
some of those guys will be back next year

Cant score without the rock
-last in ground balls
-last in shots
-last in goals
-first in penalty’s,
-2nd in penalty minutes
-last in shot percentage
-next to last in assists
And actually 4th of 5 in save percentage at 46% in ACC conference play. Obviously, this has more to do with our weak D, face-offs and strength of opposition than Mark.

Dickson is the only player listed who has run out of eligibility.

There are other players that will lose their eligibility, Chris Fake, Brian Tevlin, Petey LaSalla, Thomas McConvey, Garrett Leadmon, Wilson Stephenson, etc. But as long as they have to face Shellenberger, O’Neil and Kavanagh (x2) it’s going to be a battle. Also I don’t expect UNC to be a pushover.

Who handles faceoffs next year. Current or Portal

SU seemed timid at the start on d and at FO. Gradually, the offense dragged some toughness out of the whole team. There is a lot to be excited about next year. Even Sageder showed on the wing a couple of times. Coaches unleashed the kids to make mistakes and experiment on offense. In hs Rhoa took 10 to 15 yard shots from out front, did not show his athleticism. He did today. Leo changed his game, but today he seemed to look to pass most of the time. Dwan will get bigger, stronger and faster. Coaches must find at least one more big strong experienced long or SU could repeat this year's defensive problems next year.
I think overall SU and D played fairly evenly over the last 21/2 quarters. I said a few weeks ago that SU will have to outscore teams to win, meaning they cannot expect to match another ACC team defensively until they add some studs on d. Let's play one more game.
Nice to call out Sageder. He is another freshman that gained some great experience this year. He's a player that made some nice incremental improvements.

This year was def improvement to a point. Defense has to get better extremely. Ground balls(wing play) has to get better. Faceoffs needs improve but most importantly defense is downfall. Offball d is not good. We need to be better riding team also. Got to be able to crete turnovers even if better at faceoffs. Need be able to take ball away on d also. Offense will have to limit the unforced turnovers and poor angle shots plus finishing in close. Most importantly as stated defense needs to reach acc level. If the defense can not improve (offball) everything else improving will help but ultimately if can’t get stops won’t win vs top teams. Think overall just covering guys 1v1 wasn’t bad. Seemed to get crushed more when unsettled and offball movement. Offense open peoples eyes this year showing cuse is starting to get there but next year the whole team will have to show cuse is truely back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom