IPF turf | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

IPF turf

My two guesses: 1) Blue was on sale 2) Orange background with orange letters had a chance of not working. Now on to important things.

I disagree.

I love our gray uniforms! with either blue or orange helmets. We looked AWESOME vs ND. Got lots of comments from friends in Atl how awesome the uni's were.

I hate the white uni's and the white helmets. And for the love of Floyd Little we need orange pants. and orange in the blue uni's.

Everybody I talked to following the ND game agreed - the uniforms we wore that night were utterly hideous.

Go back to the Coach Mac uniforms - traditional, handsome, no BS, and when we see the team on TV we know who it is.

images.jpg

OrangePA said:
Everybody I talked to following the ND game agreed - the uniforms we wore that night were utterly hideous. Go back to the Coach Mac uniforms - traditional, handsome, no BS, and when we see the team on TV we know who it is.

Meanwhile they were rated as the best uni's that week and retweeted by tons of recruits.

Meanwhile they were rated as the best uni's that week and retweeted by tons of recruits.

To be fair, they were also panned by USA Today and many other sites.

I think the grays were sharp and fine as an alternate uniform. I don't think they're the right uniform to pick though for a nationally televised game against ND. We should have been wearing our traditional color scheme in that game.

The only problem I have with the new uni's is the lack of orange overall and the lack of use of our traditional color schemes the majority of the time.

IMO, we should stick to our traditional color scheme 75% of the time and then use alternates 25% of the time, I think that's a fair compromise that everyone can be happy with. And even at that, you can still play around with textures, use matte or chromatic finishes on helmets, etc. 75 % of the time we should be wearing an orange helmet, orange pants, and either a white jersey or a blue jersey. That is Syracuse and we shouldn't lose that.

Last edited:
I think the grays were sharp and fine as an alternate uniform. I don't think they're the right uniform to pick though for a nationally televised game against ND. We should have been wearing our traditional color scheme in that game.

The only problem I have with the new uni's is the lack of orange overall and the lack of use of our traditional color schemes the majority of the time.

IMO, we should stick to our traditional color scheme 75% of the time and then use alternates 25% of the time, I think that's a fair compromise that everyone can be happy with. And even at that, you can still play around with textures, use matte or chromatic finishes on helmets, etc. 75 % of the time we should be wearing an orange helmet, orange pants, and either a white jersey or a blue jersey. That is Syracuse and we shouldn't lose that.

Could not agree more.

That's news to me.

All I heard in Philly was nobody had any idea who was playing ND that night.

Do you think that the uniforms have impact on recruiting - is that what you're saying?

Well, check out Penn State's class for 2015.

The uniforms have nothing to do with recruiting.

OrangePA said:
That's news to me. All I heard in Philly was nobody had any idea who was playing ND that night. Do you think that the uniforms have impact on recruiting - is that what you're saying? Well, check out Penn State's class for 2015. The uniforms have nothing to do with recruiting.

Sigh.

We have actual quotes from actual recruits saying they like the uni's, plus Shafer said it plays a part. It's not the reason, but to say it plays no part is ignorant of the facts.

Now, go up to anybody and ask who has a better football tradition: Syracuse or Penn St? Who is more well known? It's no contest right now - and really for a long time now.

TheCusian said:
Sigh. We have actual quotes from actual recruits saying they like the uni's, plus Shafer said it plays a part. It's not the reason, but to say it plays no part is ignorant of the facts. Now, go up to anybody and ask who has a better football tradition: Syracuse or Penn St? Who is more well known? It's no contest right now - and really for a long time now.

You'd get those same quotes regardless of the uniform. I've asked this before but do you think they were given choices? Which do you like better? A, B or C? Of course they weren't. They also aren't going to say they don't like them. So yea, a recruit may say they like the unis but they play zero percent in their decision. Zero. And if a recruit came here because of the unis, I don't want the blockhead.

rrlbees said:
You'd get those same quotes regardless of the uniform. I've asked this before but do you think they were given choices? Which do you like better? A, B or C? Of course they weren't. They also aren't going to say they don't like them. So yea, a recruit may say they like the unis but they play zero percent in their decision. Zero. And if a recruit came here because of the unis, I don't want the blockhead.

All the traditionalists want to see it black and white, when there is a boatload of gray (ahem). So if a recruit says "The new uni's are hot" on Twitter, not answering a question - that's what - an anomaly? Gimme a break.

As we've talked about before, a decision to commit includes a whole bunch of universally important things like education, tradition, geographic location and a whole mess of things that are seemingly unimportant (especially to old married people) like uni's, swag, clothes, etc.

For any fan to dismiss any of the factors a kid weighs when deciding would be foolish. The school, coach, AD, and players all have deemed it important enough to risk the ire of fans like you and I. I personally wish they had more orange, looked a tad more like the team I grew up a fan of (Marvin Graves era > on campus when McNabb was a senior). But I don't use my personal opinions as a lens for how I view what's important to 18 year old kids.

TheCusian said:
All the traditionalists want to see it black and white, when there is a boatload of gray (ahem). So if a recruit says "The new uni's are hot" on Twitter, not answering a question - that's what - an anomaly? Gimme a break. As we've talked about before, a decision to commit includes a whole bunch of universally important things like education, tradition, geographic location and a whole mess of things that are seemingly unimportant (especially to old married people) like uni's, swag, clothes, etc. For any fan to dismiss any of the factors a kid weighs when deciding would be foolish. The school, coach, AD, and players all have deemed it important enough to risk the ire of fans like you and I. I personally wish they had more orange, looked a tad more like the team I grew up a fan of (Marvin Graves era > on campus when McNabb was a senior). But I don't use my personal opinions as a lens for how I view what's important to 18 year old kids.

Kids don't make a college choice based on uniforms. Coaches, future teammates, depth chart, education, maybe even weather.,

Kids don't make a college choice based on uniforms. Coaches, future teammates, depth chart, education, maybe even weather.,
Even if they did who cares, everyone has a different reason for choosing the school they end up at.

oldpinepoint said:
Even if they did who cares, everyone has a different reason for choosing the school they end up at.

Then why say they do play a part?

Then why say they do play a part?
why say they don't, im sure it comes up in a recruits decision making process, my point is if it is a major reason what does it matter.

rrlbees said:

Look, Bees - I respect you, I do. But you're basing your opinion on your experience. You are saying it plays zero part in their decision - an opinion that doesn't stand up to what recruits, coaches, administrators, and marketers all say?

Money is a high school coach and he said it's something kids think about. When I was deciding where to go to school I thought about painting my face orange in the student section screaming my head off - how much more does a football player value what they will wear doing the thing that got them a scholarship in the first place? Maybe not even in the top ten of things that are important - but something I guarantee you they think about.

All of the opinions on this board PROVE that uniforms are an important part of the identity of being a fan... How much more important would it be if that's the thing you're actually wearing on national tv?!! Plus it's not just uni's but all the clothes that they get - they are wearing orange and blue like what 50-70% of the time they are on the football team?

Your opinion that it makes no difference at all doesn't hold up to the facts or common sense.

TheCusian said:
Look, Bees - I respect you, I do. But you're basing your opinion on your experience. You are saying it plays zero part in their decision - an opinion that doesn't stand up to what recruits, coaches, administrators, and marketers all say? Money is a high school coach and he said it's something kids think about. When I was deciding where to go to school I thought about painting my face orange in the student section screaming my head off - how much more does a football player value what they will wear doing the thing that got them a scholarship in the first place? Maybe not even in the top ten of things that are important - but something I guarantee you they think about. All of the opinions on this board PROVE that uniforms are an important part of the identity of being a fan... How much more important would it be if that's the thing you're actually wearing on national tv?!! Plus it's not just uni's but all the clothes that they get - they are wearing orange and blue like what 50-70% of the time they are on the football team? Your opinion that it makes no difference at all doesn't hold up to the facts or common sense.

I have plenty of experience that isn't just mine, but hs recruits. Whether they like a schools unis or not, was never a factor in a kids decision. Not once. Instead of quoting a kid that says he liked a uniform or that they were hot, show me one where a kid said it was part of his decision. Maybe you'll find the one off blockhead.

rrlbees said:
I have plenty of experience that isn't just mine, but hs recruits. Whether they like a schools unis or not, was never a factor in a kids decision. Not once. Instead of quoting a kid that says he liked a uniform or that they were hot, show me one where a kid said it was part of his decision. Maybe you'll find the one off blockhead.

We literally sent out cards showing a high school players UNI becoming a Syracuse Uni. If you don't think they think of themselves playing in the dome in our UNI then why do they take them to dome and have them try on a jersey!?! To get a better feel for the academics?!?

I think you're holding an extreme position. I don't know why. Refusing to acknowledge that it plays any part at all is a really kind of insane. You're calling our coach, the recruits, and AD all liars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom