Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

Maybe he will go to St. John's and form a back court of all players afraid to compete with Tyler Ennis back court with Sheed Jordan.

It will come out sooner than later..

Dwayne (Tiny) Morton, head basketball coach at Lincoln HS, makes bid to join Steve Lavin's staff at St. John's University

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/dwayne-tiny-morton-head-basketball-coach-lincoln-hs-bid-join-steve-lavin-staff-st-john-university-article-1.1100188#ixzz2f0Y3aD97

Adam Lefkoe ‏@WHAS11Lefkoe18m
I'm hearing that Louisville's continued pursuit of Isaiah Whitehead upset JaQuan Lyle.
Aw! I think some of these kids need a good bop on the side of their heads and told to grow up. OK we can eliminate the bop on the side of their heads but at least a wake up call that suggests they aren't quite in the NBA just yet,so stifle the attitude and save their ego fits for when they are over paid playing a game.btw I've always thought it interesting that in most sports that involve a ball, the usual reference to their employment professionally is "playing their sport. I never "played at banking" although I do admit to taking a couple stress days off in my career. I was entitled to them all with my over the top benefits which I am grateful for to this day as I am still reaping some of the benefits:cool:

Absolutely brilliant! Really captures Whitehead's thought process. Crean has a dozen red roses and big old box of chocolates somewhere.
140537.gif
Got you on my mind.

Sh-pow-pow.

This appears to be an extended version with some fairly hot 90's girls... the intro almost made me think we were listening to Pump Up the Volume by M/A/R/R/S. Suck it, Crean.

While I know nothing about this recruitment, I do know JB is a smart guy. He's not just a smart college basketball coach, he's a smart guy - period. That fact that IW is a 'local' product, one that JB has watched many many times, makes us rest assured that JB knows just how could of a basketball talent IW is.

We've seen that when JB wants something (Kaleb, McCullough, Ennis), he really tries to get it an intelligent manner, one that makes the player realize Cuse is the best fit. All those things said, if JB is not putting in 100% effort, or even 2% effort (which appears is the case), then we know he's done a cost/benefit and the cost is not worth it.

So, while we can say "JB should just take him, or whatever", maybe we should trust JB and let it play out. It could be IW is not what this team or university needs, for whatever reason.

I heard that Isaiah couldn't decide between homemade pancakes or waffles this morning. His handlers tried to push him towards french toast, but he wasn't having any of it. Then at the last minute he decided to give the stale lucky charms in the back of the pantry a taste. Even then, he couldn't pull the trigger. Last I heard, he kept opening and closing the refrigerator door hoping to see something appetizing that he hadn't seen in the previous dozen looks.

Breaking: It has come out that he will be taking unofficial visits to Denny's and Perkins. He's not too sure about theirfood but he really likes Denny's Parking lot. Not many cars to compete with so he will always get a prime parking spot. He also has heard that Perkins is right around the corner from his house. He doesn't particularly like the taste of their food, or their menu in general, but figures its close. Might as well take a visit.

Last edited:
I heard that Isaiah couldn't decide between pancakes or waffles this morning. His handlers tried to push him towards french toast, but he wasn't having any of it. Then at the last minute he decided to give the stale lucky charms in the back of the pantry a taste. Even then, he couldn't pull the trigger. Last I heard, he kept opening and closing the refrigerator door hoping to see something appetizing that he hadn't seen in the previous ~5 looks.
You know he is going to end up with the Egg Beaters, if he doesn't hurry.

...or the scrapple.

LMAO, I'd never heard of scrapple to I moved close to the mason dixon line. People love that stuff but I stick to bacon, or ham with my breakfast. Once in a while I'll do breakfast sasauge.

Serious question: I've been away from the bball recruiting for a bit, what's the deal with IW? I assume we've moved in and started looking at 2015? 2015 looks LOADED.

Serious question: I've been away from the bball recruiting for a bit, what's the deal with IW? I assume we've moved in and started looking at 2015? 2015 looks LOADED.

Dude doesn't know what the hell he wants. He's wavered so much, all the big schools are losing interest. Look for him to go to Seton Hall or St. Johns.

Biancardi, ESPN on Whitehead and the Cards.

Even though Louisville had a couple of players recently decommit they are not pursuing Isaiah Whitehead. The Cardinals are probably deepest right now at the shooting guard and wing spots and really don't need that position. Committed for next season is Shaqquan Aaron, a long, smooth athletic wing who possesses natural scoring instincts with great size and length on the perimeter. Now on campus as freshman are Anton Gill, a left-handed shooter and driver who is terrific at coming off screens, and Terry Rozier, a high-level athlete who owns the qualities to play on the ball as a lead guard or slide over and play off the ball. Add to that roster a pair of juniors in SF Wayne Blackshear and Kevin Ware, who will return to action sometime this season after his broken right leg heals. Don't forget Minnesota has been on Whitehead all spring and summer, and that is where Rick Pitino's son Richard is the head coach. That might also add to the reasoning of the Cards not pursuing Whitehead at this time, but the fact is there is no real need to.

Look for Louisville to still pursue a point guard in this class. If there is not anyone good enough in the high school ranks, they may go back to the junior college market, because that's where they found Chris Jones, who will be their starting point guard this season.

Seems like he is down to UK or Seton Hall. Shaping up to be a tough decision for him

Seems like he is down to UK or Seton Hall. Shaping up to be a tough decision for him

Is UK offering? Have they ever actually shown interest? He's interested yes they are not as far as I know. I think its more like either the RedStorm or the Pirates. Pretty yuck for such a talented player.

I would love to see Isiah at St. Johns. Would be great for their program. Can't see the attraction to Minnesota. Sounds like Louisville has backed off. Would highly doubt he ends up at SU. It would be a crowded back court. Not to say he can't beat out these guys, but after this season you have Cooney for 2 more years and Patterson for 3 years. I don't see it as a big deal, we'll just get another high profile 2 guard in the '15 or '16 class.

This recruitment is a giant clu*terf'%k.
Best player in NYC and he's scrambling around looking at B & C list programs?
Where are the bluebloods for IW- the KU's, UNC's, Dukes, UK, etc?
Never-mind the next tier which include the UL's, UConn's, SU, and so on?
Its kinda pathetic, IMO. Oh Lord

2nd best player in NYC
Boogie Down Bronx
chris-mccullough150_0708.jpg

They don't want to deal with the drama/potential to shred team chemistry. Haven't heard/seen anything more from IU and they've continued to jump on every guard available - don't think interest was there after his initial visit.