Jalen Should Stay | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Should Stay

what's the redshirt rule ? isn't it 20 % of the games played ? 31 times 20 % is 6 games right ? so if he's really truly coming back he's got 4 games left and still retains his redshirt year. who thinks that happens ?

We have had the worst guard play of any Syracuse team in 40 years (on the worst team in 40 years). I would love Carey back. He should start over Girard. Girard is slow, plays awful defense, and has the worst shot selection of any player I have seen in years. Girard is a starter on a mid-major. Carey and Goodine have potential to play in this conference at a high level. I would love hime back. Knowing how Boeheim coaches, I highly doubt it.

what's the redshirt rule ? isn't it 20 % of the games played ? 31 times 20 % is 6 games right ? so if he's really truly coming back he's got 4 games left and still retains his redshirt year. who thinks that happens ?

They can't play at all in the second half of the year. Once again you are wrong about something.

They can't play at all in the second half of the year. Once again you are wrong about something.

tbone wrong??

1583626073435.jpeg

Carey can’t shoot and has sloppy handle. Agree good defender but Goodine has more upside. Joe needs to go and Buddy should come off the bench, IMO. Roster needs to be turned over. Joe G is especially bad on defense and launched terrible shot after shot, cant get to the rim. He is a great FT shooter.

put word's in people's mouth ? that was a direct quote. kid ain't played since . you figure it out.
Could you please link the presser/interview where JB called Jalen a loser? Please?

And don't try moving the goalposts, as you usually do. We all know when you do that, you know.

Hes having too much fun dancing on the bench, I think hes staying lol

Today I made note of him really getting into it, standing up and making a bizarre buy deomstrative face(I think with some fingers used as part of it too) when Buddy made a 3. The actuall face, the best comparison I had during the game was taking a dump, maybe.

I short time later when JGIII made a 3, I noticed a very different reaction, with not much emotion expressed. (after seeing that first face, I decided I wanted to keep paying attention, because I didn't know what I may miss!!)

Not sure I want to bother reading the whole thread right now, but I think there's evidence for both sides.

We have had the worst guard play of any Syracuse team in 40 years (on the worst team in 40 years). I would love Carey back. He should start over Girard. Girard is slow, plays awful defense, and has the worst shot selection of any player I have seen in years. Girard is a starter on a mid-major. Carey and Goodine have potential to play in this conference at a high level. I would love hime back. Knowing how Boeheim coaches, I highly doubt it.

Carey is better than Girard? Based on what?

26 assists versus 44 turnovers is absolutely horrific. He’s shown nothing to suggest he can play PG.

"Could you please link the presser/interview where JB called Jalen a loser? Please?"

HMM what's the opposite of "guys who win " ?

Based on their freshman years, I would chose JG over JC.

What did JC do during the offseason last summer? Was he in Syracuse?

O79 when jalen is back in orange next year i will happily offer my apologies for my mistaken observations.
hope youl will do the same if he's gone.

Based on their freshman years, I would chose JG over JC.
That is a ridiculous question because Carey played behind a senior starter (Howard) and the best player on the team (Battle), with the back up guard being Boeheim, the coaches son.. Girard would have gotten no playing time either.

That is a ridiculous question because Carey played behind a senior starter (Howard) and the best player on the team (Battle), with the back up guard being Boeheim, the coaches son.. Girard would have gotten no playing time either.

Actually Carey was the backup guard...until he played himself out of it. “The coaches son” outplayed him and earned that spot, even though Carey had first crack at it.

Carey is better than Girard? Based on what?

26 assists versus 44 turnovers is absolutely horrific. He’s shown nothing to suggest he can play PG.
A healthy Carey has not really received a shot because he played behind Howard and Battle last year. Girard was just given the job this year. Girard is an abysmal defensive player, not an instinctive point guard, has little quickness, has g-d awful shot selection, doesnt even shoot the ball from 3 very well, and has a miserable shot percentage. He still thinks he is in high school and is playing against inferior talent. And, this was the worst year SU has had in the 40 years I have been following SU basketball - not even in the discussion of being on the bubble. Everyone's job should be up for grabs. Yes, assuming Carey is healthy and does not transfer, I'd have open competition for starting point guard.

Actually Carey was the backup guard...until he played himself out of it. “The coaches son” outplayed him and earned that spot, even though Carey had first crack at it.
Actually Boeheim is a two guard, and JB rarely plays more than one guard off the bench. And we needed shooters last year Meanwhile, Battle could also handle the point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom