JB Presser | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB Presser

Jimmy playing 35+ mins a game with zero criticism is going to lead to chaos from the fanbase by mid January. JB doesn't have a real thick skin when it comes to criticism of Buddy, I can only imagine how he's going to take the Jimmy stuff. This is gonna get Ugly
Jim skin is thinner than the hair on his kids chin

He absolutely said that. I just watched the presser on YouTube. Jesse is his whipping boy on any loss. Without Jesse we would be in a mess!
Its always been his worst trait. Jim is extremely insecure. He has been his entire life. Read his book as it sheds light on it.
He hides his insecurity like many who are insecure by getting aggressive. Its a terrible trait and one that has rightly tainted his reputation.

Just listened to it a 2nd time and reread mccalister tweets. He misquoted JB twice and left out any context. JB can cause his own issues but the media shouldn’t be making it worse by lying.
I watched it multiple times. It wasn't a good look by Jim.

We're not going to lose players because of the pressers. This one wasn't that bad. We will lose them because of the unequal treatment and the lack of playing the bench.

It’s all connected. It’s not solely one thing or the other, it’s the sum total that certain players have to deal with.

And if we were 9-1 or 8-2 and ranked, then it’s a little easier of a pill to swallow.

If you’re a kid on a 5-5 team with the HC starting two of his kids, regardless of their abilities - just talking the simple fact they are his kids, the issue is exacerbated.

Again, not saying JB is starting his kids bc they are his kids, but if you’re getting ripped in the media by your HC who has half his family starting and you aren’t hearing their names as much, that’s going to be an issue, justifiably or not. That’s human nature.

He needs to retire. For many reasons, first and foremost his treatment of student-athletes in this day and age.
They’re not student athletes, they are paid adults.

I’d say we have no idea what Symir was told. Now we as fans knew that the two boeheims and Joe would never come off the court but kids being recruited don’t have that view.

In fairness to Joe, he’s playing the best right now and should be on the court. But getting Symir on the court with him and moving Buddy to the 3 and sitting Cole for 10/11 minutes might help, and you could also give Buddy a breather with the same lineup.

No matter what was said though, and what he knew coming in, things change when youre losing and guys in front of you are struggling.
I agree on the three guard lineup. I think it makes us better defensively up top, and can Buddy rebound any worse than Jimmy at the 3? I don’t think so.

I’m not saying using it for long stretches, but give it a chance and you might get a jump start to your offense.

Sy, Joe, Buddy, Cole, Jessie.

I agree on the three guard lineup. I think it makes us better defensively up top, and can Buddy rebound any worse than Jimmy at the 3? I don’t think so.

I’m not saying using it for long stretches, but give it a chance and you might get a jump start to your offense.

Sy, Joe, Buddy, Cole, Jessie.

That’s the thing - we aren’t fixing the defense or rebounding. Let’s just get better on O. At least give it a shot.

Yep. Never once heard him do this. Would be helpful from time to time. Incredible how insecure you could still be after all these year
While he doesn’t take responsibility for losses you have to admit that he never takes credit for wins either. And he deflects all praise to the players.

While he doesn’t take responsibility for losses you have to admit that he never takes credit for wins either. And he deflects all praise to the players.

What coaches have you heard that do that on the regular?

I’ll defend Boeheim on the never taking responsibility - I think he assumes everyone knows he feels responsible and it doesn’t need to be said.

Maybe it would help to say it out loud though

Jesse is the only good player on the team.

We have some other guys who are good offensive players. Some who are good at one thing on offense.

Jesse is the only guy who plays both ends effectively. If you told me everyone on the team was transferring, he’s the only one I’d bat at an eye at losing.

he knocked Jesse 3x in that presser and complimented both his sons. He also complimented Frank.

He had glaring omissions on certain other commentary, including saying how we were efficient on offense in the 1H and not in the second.

Not great, Bob.

Jesse is the only good player on the team.

We have some other guys who are good offensive players. Some who are good at one thing on offense.

Jesse is the only guy who plays both ends effectively. If you told me everyone on the team was transferring, he’s the only one I’d bat at an eye at losing.
Love watching players develop, ie: players that have lots of potential and you see the continuing improvement while wondering where their ceiling is.
Jesse is the only player for SU that I see like that right now.
Hoping Benny starts that path soon -he's got the tools.

Except the “departing players” departed before anyone else was brought in. Them departing is why we brought in others. Nice talking point though.
I was specifically referring to Jimmy Boeheim. The departing players knew of his pending arrival well before they departed. Wasn't even a poorly kept secret. And if those players had an IQ north of 50 then they knew Jimmy Boeheim was going to get PT at their expense.

Last edited:
I was specifically referring Jimmy Boeheim. The departing players knew of his pending arrival well before they departed. Wasn't even a poorly kept secret. And if those players had an IQ north of 50 then they knew Jimmy Boeheim was going to get PT at their expense.
Yeah. Agreed. That’s the most logical explanation for why every single forward on the roster left.

I saw game highlights as I didn’t get to watch. Then I listened to the presser and I couldn’t believe people actually had a problem with this.
So you're cool with selectively throwing players under the bus and not consistently holding all of your players to account? And btw what is the point of throwing ANY of your players under the bus? Do it behind closed doors.

The offense ran so well with symir out there in the first half. And Benny started to get a tiny bit of swagger going. Then...the second half they didn't see the floor. I don't get it. You can't tell me that Symir doesn't have the conditioning to play more than 5 minutes.
Why would JB want to substitute? His starting five was completely on point in the 2H. lol

We're not going to lose players because of the pressers. This one wasn't that bad. We will lose them because of the unequal treatment and the lack of playing the bench.
No doubt on your last sentence but I think you underestimate the impact of some of these sh8tshow pressers and he's had quite a few. Recruits, their families and their coaches have access to plenty of info in the internet era. Sure as hell ain't helping the cause.

I was specifically referring to Jimmy Boeheim. The departing players knew of his pending arrival well before they departed. Wasn't even a poorly kept secret. And if those players had an IQ north of 50 then they knew Jimmy Boeheim was going to get PT at their expense.

It’s easy to say that with no proof. In fact you can go back to last late winter and a couple people here who are pretty knowledgeable saying Jimmy was not coming here. It’s one thing to “think” something “might” happen and for it to happen. Q leaving had nothing to do with the “possibility” Jimmy “might” come here. Marek taking his degree and going back to Europe had nothing to do with the “possibility” Jimmy was coming here.

It’s easy to say that with no proof. In fact you can go back to last late winter and a couple people here who are pretty knowledgeable saying Jimmy was not coming here. It’s one thing to “think” something “might” happen and for it to happen. Q leaving had nothing to do with the “possibility” Jimmy “might” come here. Marek taking his degree and going back to Europe had nothing to do with the “possibility” Jimmy was coming here.
Very convenient that they left though. Opened up space for Jimmy B to get PT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom