JB Presser | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB Presser

Jimmy playing 35+ mins a game with zero criticism is going to lead to chaos from the fanbase by mid January. JB doesn't have a real thick skin when it comes to criticism of Buddy, I can only imagine how he's going to take the Jimmy stuff. This is gonna get Ugly
Yup. I had hoped this wouldn’t happen but think we all sadly knew it would. Worst way to go out. It’s going to get worse.

Bennys energy was great in first half. Not sure why he didn’t get any run in second half. The ISO back down offense for jimmy has already gotten old.

Jimmy playing 35+ mins a game with zero criticism is going to lead to chaos from the fanbase by mid January. JB doesn't have a real thick skin when it comes to criticism of Buddy, I can only imagine how he's going to take the Jimmy stuff. This is gonna get Ugly
We all said this last year about Buddy. The only difference being there were no fans at the games, so he got a pass when he was playing like garbage.
And again, it's not about the level of play so much as JB's refusal to sub and play someone else even when Buddy/Jimmy and adopted son JG3, are not playing well.
He refused to do so last year, and he will not do it this year. Rinse and repeat.

Hear me out and I’ve said this before.
Boeheim is always complaining “our guys are worn down”, “we don’t have a bench”, etc…

Well if our guys are worn down sub them out and play the bench? Oh we don’t have a bench? Isn’t literally your job as the head basketball coach to
1) develop players so we have a bench
2) if you see we might have a weak bench in the off-season, idk recruit players with this new thing called the transfer portal to add more players to the team that would upgrade our bench?

I’m so sickkk of his press conferences, he seems so out of touch. Have the problems are problems because of the damn coaching staff and then Boeheim blames the players.

Our players didn’t play well? We had bad adjustments or didn’t adjust at all? We are too slow? Too unathletic so we get out rebounded? Not very good on defense? Or my personal favorite, we just aren’t very good right now…

All of these damn things coaches have control over and it’s literally their job to make sure these things are fixed or aren’t problems. “We just aren’t very good right now” is something Boeheim loves to say, it’s your damn job to make us good so are you saying you aren’t very good at your job anymore cause that’s a serious topic of discussion right now.

This has the potential to get ugly if Jimmy keeps skating by like this. It’s not his fault. I really like him as a player, but he can’t have this much of a leash. It’s sad to think JB may go out in a negative light because of his sons ( the position he put them in, nothing to do with them as people or players )

Going to be our 8th straight 10 loss team. Only reason we aren't looking at 8 straight 13+ teams is due to the COVID year. I heard a man by the name of Rick Pitino might be available, HIRE HIM?! At the very least we'd get 4-5 good years and set up the program for the next guy.

Yes he did say that. If I’m Jesse, the first thing I do on Monday is enter the portal
You can argue whether JB should have said anything regarding Jesse. But what he did say was not in a hateful way, it was simply stating what Jesse is responsible for and forgot.

Jesse is still a neophyte that has a lot to learn. He has progressed tremendously but still needs to get tougher and more aware.

Both he and the rest of the team need more practice. That's how you improve and become better players. For those who think the coaches arent' doing their job here, remember as JB said they've had 5 practices among all these games jammed together.

His pressers used to be entertaining. Now they’re unbearable.

Can’t stand the throwing players under the bus. Really, really can’t stand the constant rudeness he shows reporters (particularly always cutting them off and not letting them finish question).

Going to be our 8th straight 10 loss team. Only reason we aren't looking at 8 straight 13+ teams is due to the COVID year. I heard a man by the name of Rick Pitino might be available, HIRE HIM?! At the very least we'd get 4-5 good years and set up the program for the next guy.
We’re going to have ten losses by mid January.

You can argue whether JB should have said anything regarding Jesse. But what he did say was not in a hateful way, it was simply stating what Jesse is responsible for and forgot.

Jesse is still a neophyte that has a lot to learn. He has progressed tremendously but still needs to get tougher and more aware.

Both he and the rest of the team need more practice. That's how you improve and become better players. For those who think the coaches arent' doing their job here, remember as JB said they've had 5 practices among all these games jammed together.
Please...JB is a dinosaur when it comes to coaching and doesn't know how to adjust to the game anymore. I for one will be happy when there's never a boeheim on a Syracuse bench again.

It’s not just that he called out Jesse, which he shouldn’t have anyways. But the fact that he NEVER says anything about Jimmy, Buddy, or Joe. Jimmy was playing very selfishly. Backed his guy down every time and bricked it. Never passed out. But JB doesn’t say a word.
If I was Jesse and the guys on the bench I would be livid.

What was the Knock on Jesse? Couldn’t get to the corner fast enough?
he was really just talking about the first 4 minutes when he took jesse out and put frank in not the whole game

but he seemed a little sad tbh...

i think he genuinely thought this team would be really good and now he knows he was wrong and its gotta hurt a little to have these struggles with his 2 sons starting

Which will be the party line, taken out of context or he was only joking?

he was really just talking about the first 4 minutes when he took jesse out and put frank in not the whole game

but he seemed a little sad tbh...

i think he genuinely thought this team would be really good and now he knows he was wrong and its gotta hurt a little to have these struggles with his 2 sons starting
It has never been warranted in the past but this year seems different. The main issues are not with poor play but with the composition of this team and the roles they are playing.
It would be nice if he just pointed the finger back at himself then. When he gets into the tourney he has no problem going on show after show speaking about the success of the zone.

Which will be the party line, taken out of context or he was only joking?

The party line is that the tweet by mccalister was wrong as was the one after that about two 3s and a dunk that maccalister acted like JB was talking about jesses offense when he was talking about gtown offense and Jesse defense at the beginning.

Yep, and how about the guys on the bench, it’s gonna lead to chaos with them in the locker room. Frank and Symir played well today and they deserved more minutes. I’d be pissed playing 4 minutes when I knew that I played well and boosted the team when I was in. Only to watch the entire 2nd half collapse.

Yep, and how about the guys on the bench, it’s gonna lead to chaos with them in the locker room. Frank and Symir played well today and they deserved more minutes. I’d be pissed playing 4 minutes when I knew that I played well and boosted the team when I was in. Only to watch the entire 2nd half collapse.
My only counter would be that Symir knew what he was coming here to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom