Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

How is suggesting we can do better than Judah being negative? I’m saying Red can get better players and that’s a bad thing? Ok.

Agreed. I doubt we will find a better scoring point guard than Judah, but an actual point guard that can cleanly run an offense, we can definitely do better than Judah.

Agreed. I doubt we will find a better scoring point guard than Judah, but an actual point guard that can cleanly run an offense, we can definitely do better than Judah.
I think this has become a bit overrated/outdated in today’s version of basketball unfortunately. Feels like very few teams have a PG they trust to set everything up nowadays. It’s more about (1) Can you beat your man off the dribble and (2) Can you then make the right decision to shoot or pass depending on how the defense helps?

Judah can do #1 for sure. #2 runs hot and cold for him.

The defense as VT alludes to is definitely spot on though. The steals he generated were definitely valuable but when he wasn’t getting steals, he really struggled. Pretty big disappointment in that regard because he had glowing reviews of his defense in high school.

Both of those guys seem like they've plateaued a bit and seem like they are just a step below the elite coaches. They play one style and neither play with a traditional big which I think may put a ceiling on how far they can get in March.
couldn’t disagree more. Not sure how a sweet sixteen and a 4 seed is plateauing. Hiring a new coach is a crap shoot, I’d rather take my chances with a head coach who has his teams continuously in the sweet sixteen, a top 5 seed, landing 5 stars and top transfers.

With that said I’m more than happy with red and the work he’s done so far and believe he can reach the same level.

I would be very, very, surprised if JM was here next year. I think it would have been more likely for QC to return than JM.

I actually thought the same exact thing last year. From what I heard, all signs were pointing to almost 100% chance he was gone and then bam, he was back.

Thank god NBA front offices don’t think like you.

Evidence: Judah isn’t close to an nba draft pick this year.

Google it. Congrats on being willfully ignorant.

The NBA argument when discussing success at the college level is lazy. They are two different leagues and success in one doesn't mean success in the other. Its really not that hard to understand.

This isn’t directed to atlanticuse but just a general rant, sorry. We had JoeG and Jesse leave which only increased the importance of Benny coming through for SU, and when it didn’t work, it changed both JT and Maliq’s roles the most. Judah’s role probably changed also while JJ had to adjust to an entirely new staff, new role etc. Players who had limited minutes the year before were now starters or being relied upon to carry the team with even a new defense. This isn’t counting the increased importance of relying for leadership on all the sophomores and soph transfers under coaches also adjusting to new roles. Yet we still got 20 wins but are ripping on the players who got us there and gave us optimism for the future. Lots of late adjustments that had to be made and will still be made but I look forward to the future and am thankful for the players who accepted new roles to get us those 20 wins.
One thing beyond the players and coaches that is a cause for optimism is all of the grad students ad seniors leaving. We lose Hima

I really home he’s back - we need a forward that can get to the rim, shoot and board - and we need a true center - this is if Judah comes back

It's good to see that he received an education while at SU...AND he knows the difference between good and evil.
Sadly, my son does not cause guess where he visited today...

Before he left, I semi-playfully told the boy that no Georgetown clothing was allowed in my house. Freaking out as he didn't get the message and is bringing a sweatshirt home. To my house.

All good things and kidding mostly!
Most of the DC schools are his girlfriend's interest so he's just along for the ride and tours. He actually liked American more as he seems to like schools built into the city (Michigan is his favorite and another example) and thought Georgetown was more of a self-contained campus.

Not really sure why he likes the city vibe but to each their own.

Most of the DC schools are his girlfriend's interest so he's just along for the ride and tours. He actually liked American more as he seems to like schools built into the city (Michigan is his favorite and another example) and thought Georgetown was more of a self-contained campus.

I live across the street from Howard, and while I absolutely love my neighborhood, I feel like it's just not at all what I would have wanted out of college personally. I definitely preferred college feeling like its own thing.

Before he left, I semi-playfully told the boy that no Georgetown clothing was allowed in my house. Freaking out as he didn't get the message and is bringing a sweatshirt home. To my house.
Give him the anti-tee red stiletto in person when he walks in.

I live across the street from Howard, and while I absolutely love my neighborhood, I feel like it's just not at all what I would have wanted out of college personally. I definitely preferred college feeling like its own thing.
Completely agree!

Son of a couple we are friends with is a freshman at American. Loves it.

Try sitting him in a room with nothing but old SU vs Georgetown videos, that should bring him back to earth. Make him stay there until he repeatedly screams "georgetown sucks". ;)

Yeah, he’s not an excellent college player.

He’s an excellent college scorer. Never played in the tourney.
In the last few games played, opponents started to collapse on Judah to the point he was ineffective. Still he would force shots up and ignore those teammates that were open.

There was good and bad with Judah. The good was when he was on, the opponents would either foul him or he would score. When he was off, it did not matter he would still put up a shot but not score.

in either case, it was “me first” and ignore any teammates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom