Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying PLEASE DONT RENEW but if there is a way for the program and JW to feel our pain or frustration, it's that. It's losing the fanbases. But we are loyal. Upstate NY folks are LOYAL. Doesn't help our game had the highest TV viewship haha

A lot of people rolled their money from last year to this year. I can't imagine SU would make getting a refund easy, but I'm not sure.

The bigger issue for me is our seats have been in my family since the Dome opened. I can't imagine going to a game and not sitting there. That just can't be replaced for me so as much as I wish I could not renew, I can't.

I’ve shared the story with some friends but this JG thing with JB goes back to his recruitment process and I can’t with every single person on this board but JB is still trying to prove a point of something with Joe when Joe was being recruited. We know Boeheim is stubborn but this is the biggest ego play ever when it comes to Joe to show he’s right and it literally might cost years on the program. No one thought kadary was going to be as good as he was going to be and thought he would walk in and make immediate impact. But there’s gotta be some adaptation but JB ain’t having it BC he wants to prove he was right all along about Joe.

JB said in a presser about how he literally doesn’t listen to anyone and his dad taught him that from a young age. When I tell you he thinks he is right about everything and doesn’t take any advice, he literally does not and I know there’s a lot of unhappy people about this Joe thing internally. This has been years of stuff but yet it’s finally coming to light when you lose a player like kadary. The stubbornness is back firing.

I got ripped for saying the program was in decline. But BC of a sweet 16 run everyone loved JB. Declines are not just wins and losses. It’s showing up and playing for someone who just isn’t fun to play for and I think that was obvious this year. This will have a very lasting effect and no accountability at all from JB about the why kids transfer. This one is 1000 percent on him from the way he talks about players in such a bad way to the way he coaches on the floor and literally never yells at buddy. The players are sick of it and I do not blame them. Kids are kids and they need a coach that cares about them 24/7. That’s not the case here especially with how many public negative comments JB is content with sharing. This hurts

This is just pathetic and sad tbh.

I’ve shared the story with some friends but this JG thing with JB goes back to his recruitment process and I can’t with every single person on this board but JB is still trying to prove a point of something with Joe when Joe was being recruited. We know Boeheim is stubborn but this is the biggest ego play ever when it comes to Joe to show he’s right and it literally might cost years on the program. No one thought kadary was going to be as good as he was going to be and thought he would walk in and make immediate impact. But there’s gotta be some adaptation but JB ain’t having it BC he wants to prove he was right all along about Joe.

JB said in a presser about how he literally doesn’t listen to anyone and his dad taught him that from a young age. When I tell you he thinks he is right about everything and doesn’t take any advice, he literally does not and I know there’s a lot of unhappy people about this Joe thing internally. This has been years of stuff but yet it’s finally coming to light when you lose a player like kadary. The stubbornness is back firing.

I got ripped for saying the program was in decline. But BC of a sweet 16 run everyone loved JB. Declines are not just wins and losses. It’s showing up and playing for someone who just isn’t fun to play for and I think that was obvious this year. This will have a very lasting effect and no accountability at all from JB about the why kids transfer. This one is 1000 percent on him from the way he talks about players in such a bad way to the way he coaches on the floor and literally never yells at buddy. The players are sick of it and I do not blame them. Kids are kids and they need a coach that cares about them 24/7. That’s not the case here especially with how many public negative comments JB is content with sharing. This hurts
I’ve never ripped you and never will. You’re one of my favorite guys on here.

Almost every game he played in he had a positive impact on the defensive end and got the offense flowing, like passing the ball. If he was a cancer, what was Joe? We were a worse team when Joe played over Kadary, numbers back that up.
Spot on

Unless some miracle happens with any additions we convince to come here, next year's team is going to be dreadful to watch. We will all watch, of course, but gross...

I'm not saying PLEASE DONT RENEW but if there is a way for the program and JW to feel our pain or frustration, it's that. It's losing the fanbases. But we are loyal. Upstate NY folks are LOYAL. Doesn't help our game had the highest TV viewship haha

Meh, what am I kidding I will still be there. Just sick of jb’s personnel decisions lately and it’s widespread now within my friend group.

Last edited:
Also again FWIW...I asked about what is JB doing about retirement, next year., blah blah blah. "Jimmy Jr is coming to cuse (first time I've heard this) and it's a more than 50% chance that next year is JB's last year. Both boys seniors. There's a reason you guys don't have any 2022 commits yet..."
Interesting - may mean that ADJW has let it be known that when the run ends the band aid will be pulled off and an outsider will be brought in.

Ouch.

Thoughts on the news?

Sounds like a freshmen wanted a guarantee he would start next year and he didn't get it, so he took his ball and left.

You guys act like he was some irreplaceable talent. He did a good job of driving to the basket and was tall at the top of the zone. That's great.

He also has what could be a chronic condition that might limit his availability in the future.

It's a legit criticism. He'd try to keep our best players. We are worse off now. Probably looking at another 19-12 regular season as a 10 seed. Fun winter.
That's probably the best case scenario within a standard deviation. With the new conference schedule, I can't envision more than 21 total wins, but I sure as heck can see fewer than 15.

His dad, the undertaker, told him that in his profession, don’t listen to anybody. I guess it makes sense as an undertaker, considering if he were listening to people they would be dead bodies. But Jim, you are no undertaker.

Can anyone talk me out of the doomsday scenario I've tried to block out for a while? Buddy and JG3 starting for 4 straight years together and then add in Jimmy for the final 2 of those and then JB departs with a demand of the program passing along to GMac.
Sure. I think Jimmy can only play one year.

Sounds like a freshmen wanted a guarantee he would start next year and he didn't get it, so he took his ball and left.

You guys act like he was some irreplaceable talent. He did a good job of driving to the basket and was tall at the top of the zone. That's great.

He also has what could be a chronic condition that might limit his availability in the future.
Lol. Yeah, that’s it. He was tall.

Wow

You sure? For all intents and purposes, sounds like he tombstoned Kadary.
Jim 2 years from now when everyone thinks he is retiring.

Undertaker GIF by memecandy

Not sure if JB realizes he’s putting Joe in an impossible spot.

I like Joe and I like his game but at this point he’s never going to please the fans. Not even that I think he isn’t up for it, it’s just never going to be enough for a lot of people given the spot he’s in.

Why am I unable to retweet this?

I am hearing that they've known this was coming for a few months and that it might be related to an issue with a female. Just second-hand information, so take it for what you will.

The sad thing is JG is being put in a position to fail. He's not a D1 PG, but could be an effective off-guard occasionally running the point. Having a true PG that can run an offense would do wonders for off-the-ball shooters. JG has been a square peg since day 1.

You sure? For all intents and purposes, sounds like he tombstoned Kadary.
I was going to say something along the lines of killing me and/or the program...but, I am a positive person. I’m just having a hard time processing not at least painting the picture as a starter for Kadary. It makes zero sense. I hope every year that we recruit over the guys that are already here. That is nothing against the current players, but it creates competition and a better team. I don’t want kids that are comfortable and sit around all summer getting fat because they aren’t challenged. Not talking about anyone in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom