Last team in right now | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Last team in right now

Why is Rhode Island a lock? 23-6 regular season, beat 2 awful teams to reach the A-10 title, finish 25-7. Best win was early season victory over #20 Seton Hall. Lost to Virginia by 15. Lost to Nevada. Lost to Alabama. Beat a marginal Providence team. They won 21 games in a row in a bad A-10 conference.
Because the NCAAt chairman said they were in regardless of the outcome, that’s why

Palm sez we are the last team in still...Marquette in his mind was the one to leave due to RI losing

As easy as it is to be upset at Rhode Island - and I am - ultimately we screwed ourselves losing to Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest. Just one of those...
It's possible to be mad at both. Especially since RI stole a bid last year and gave one away this year

As easy as it is to be upset at Rhode Island - and I am - ultimately we screwed ourselves losing to Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest. Just one of those...
Actually, I’d rather have another impressive road win vs Florida State, and we had that game in our hands. Or the home game vs UNC. The two q3 losses aren’t what’s going to hurt us, IMO. Another Q1 win would have been HUGE for our resume.

Actually, I’d rather have another impressive road win vs Florida State, and we had that game in our hands. Or the home game vs UNC. The two q3 losses aren’t what’s going to hurt us, IMO. Another Q1 win would have been HUGE for our resume.
St Bonnie’s comes back to haunt us. Lose to them at the Dome, then they fail to beat Davidson in the A10 tourney.

I get your point and don't disagree but at least we showed up in those two games. The 3 I mentioned we didn't even have to play well to win, just had to avoid being awful and we couldn't do it.

How do they even go 25-6 in the season oh wait they play absolutely no good teams... but will still get in cause a good record
Winning the conference regular season in major conference counts for a lot. They always get an at large if lose in conference tourney. A-10 is a major league.

I agree with Palm. But I think St Mary’s isn’t gonna make it. I think the committee might include USC over them. But my vote would be for Marquette.

We'll see if my source is correct. They usually are but I hope they are not today. Info was Cuse was last team in if Rhode Island won. Sad if we had I rely on Rhode Island, I still hate them

I agree with Palm. But I think St Mary’s isn’t gonna make it. I think the committee might include USC over them. But my vote would be for Marquette.
I'd take Cuse and Marquette both over St. Mary's and USC.

I don't believe your source. One thing the committee has been good at over the years is avoiding leaks... until the selection show of course.

That being said if Rhode Island wins we are very likely out. Doesn't validate your source, simply reality.
Dude that's fine doesn't bother me either way

I don't believe your source. One thing the committee has been good at over the years is avoiding leaks... until the selection show of course.

That being said if Rhode Island wins we are very likely out. Doesn't validate your source, simply reality.
I think it's plausible that Danny White told Coach K, who told JAB

We'll see if my source is correct. They usually are but I hope they are not today. Info was Cuse was last team in if Rhode Island won. Sad if we had I rely on Rhode Island, I still hate them

Actually we won't see at all if your source was correct. There was fairly high chances we were already out before this game.

I think it’s bs if any mid major conference team gets in over a power five conference. And yes if Marquette were playing in the ACC they would be a WF at best or GT

I'd take Cuse and Marquette both over St. Mary's and USC.
I agree. St Mary’s and USC have thoroughly pedestrian resumes. And ASU does not deserve a bid. Those Xavier and Kansas wins were over 3 months ago. The possible tourney teams they’ve beaten since then are USC and UCLA, and both games were at home and both are squarely on the bubble. They’ve collapsed and shouldn’t be included.

I think it’s bs if any mid major conference team gets in over a power five conference. And yes if Marquette were playing in the ACC they would be a WF at best or GT
Um, no. You're comparing the ACC to the Big East. Not the ACC to the Western Conference. If Marquette played our schedule, they'd have roughly our record.

perhaps his source could be solid and the seeds actually looked like what Andy Katz posted earlier? Davidson would get the auto bid, knocking us into a play-in game and not the last team solidly in the field? Why not try to be optimistic, right?

Look on the bright side, guys. If we're the last team out, that means we're ranked #69.
Nice.
Score.
upload_2018-3-11_15-58-54.png

I think it's plausible that Danny White told Coach K, who told JAB
That’s an interesting point. But I wonder if K would really want to deliver that news to JB. And you’d think White would feel obligated to avoid saying anything to K, except for maybe the total # of bids for the ACC. The committee is supposed to be sworn to secrecy. But who knows...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom