Marquez Hodge Commits! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marquez Hodge Commits!

Hodge will be a safety -- he will also blow up this season ... Miami Central is big time

He played LB for Central and the school roster lists him as 6-0 215 - as a junior.

So because these kids are from Miami they will automatically blow up and be great under the radar pick ups? The same two kids playing up north would not be under the radar - they'd be off the radar. And by now DM should not be still be taking complete fliers on under the radar kids.
Or, maybe he went to see a game, watched some tape and said "this kid can play. We should offer him."

So because these kids are from Miami they will automatically blow up and be great under the radar pick ups? The same two kids playing up north would not be under the radar - they'd be off the radar. And by now DM should not be still be taking complete fliers on under the radar kids.
No - because the staff has now established a track record of identifying and signing these kids when they were NR / 2* type kids before their senior season and then had to work like hell to fight off other BCS programs after their senior highlights get out.

Thanks he is #52 and Errol Clark #97 is next to him on the gang tackle
1m6BZA.St.56.jpg

Another Pic of Hodge...he looks well developed...Miami/S FL kids usually play early at Cuse on STs.

1gijci.St.56.jpg

1m6BZA.St.56.jpg

Another Pic of Hodge...he looks well developed...Miami/S FL kids usually play early at Cuse on STs.

1gijci.St.56.jpg

Guy is a tank! I'm guessing the site that has him @ 198lbs has very dated information.

Or, maybe he went to see a game, watched some tape and said "this kid can play. We should offer him."

Or maybe the staff should focus exclusively on players who are already committed to Alabama, UF, LSU and Georgia. These "under-the-radar" players are killing the program.

1m6BZA.St.56.jpg

1gijci.St.56.jpg
I agree. The overall track record of recruits from good Florida programs in recent years has been overwhelmingly positive. They come ready to play and rarely end up as non contributors.

The official SU twitter account has commented on this, mentioning him by name. I thought that was against the rules until after he has officially signed? Am I wrong here? And didn't we have a similar situation last year?

The official SU twitter account has commented on this, mentioning him by name. I thought that was against the rules until after he has officially signed? Am I wrong here? And didn't we have a similar situation last year?

Yeah. That's not good.

Yeah. That's not good.
Keeley just commented on it, too. How does this happen multiple times? How hard is it to say, "By the way, you can't mention HS players by name"?

Keeley just commented on it, too. How does this happen multiple times? How hard is it to say, "By the way, you can't mention HS players by name"?
Some intern is going to get his/her ass kicked. I nominate as punishment one belly bump by Kyle Fetterly.

syracuse would have to now self report that as an infraction.

seriously the person responsible should be fired. it's fkin 101. The message board yahoos (who dont know anything) all know this rule.

According to that Newburg article, WVU/Cincy offered, and Hodge had 85 tackles, 4 sacks and a pick last year. Is that good enough for you, @VirginiaOrange?

Let's say he had 40 tackles or 20 -- is that really a concern? I mean, granted we all love to see some dude with outrageous stats but it's not like Marrone and Co. would have missed the fact that the kid didn't have a ton of tackles. And if he's playing at a 6A powerhouse in Fla. can we even compare his stats to Recruit X playing somewhere in montgomery county in MD or Long Island, etc.? People making judgments based on internet reported height/weight/speed and/or high school stats that may not even be accurate is laughable.

Let's say he had 40 tackles or 20 -- is that really a concern? I mean, granted we all love to see some dude with outrageous stats but it's not like Marrone and Co. would have missed the fact that the kid didn't have a ton of tackles. And if he's playing at a 6A powerhouse in Fla. can we even compare his stats to Recruit X playing somewhere in montgomery county in MD or Long Island, etc.? People making judgments based on internet reported height/weight/speed and/or high school stats that may not even be accurate is laughable.

High school football stats makes me laugh more than anything when talking recruiting and translating that to D1 football. There's so many variables effecting HS stats that it shouldn't even be a measurable. It's silly.

IMO, his list of early offers already makes him a good addition to the class, at a position of need. I would be surprised if by the time his Sr. season ends, we weren't fighting off some big schools trying to hold on to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom