Matt Park DUI in Clemson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park DUI in Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many questions...

Why is he driving at all? Didn't he fly down on the team plane and stay at the team hotel? Why and where is he driving? Couldn't he just have taken a cab anywhere or get drunk at the hotel bar?

Either way the guy has a great job and he might have blown it with this. Although if he is a big drinker it does explain some of his radio calls. Cause if you listen to him while watching the game you often wonder what the hell game he is calling...lol

i have been in situations where i feel lucky not to have been stopped. if i had been i certainly would not want it all over the internet. this non issue should be left to rip.

CusefanATL said:
1 post got a dozen likes, the other not so much.
I'm pretty sure he knew I was kidding

So many questions...

Why is he driving at all? Didn't he fly down on the team plane and stay at the team hotel? Why and where is he driving? Couldn't he just have taken a cab anywhere or get drunk at the hotel bar?

Either way the guy has a great job and he might have blown it with this. Although if he is a big drinker it does explain some of his radio calls. Cause if you listen to him while watching the game you often wonder what the hell game he is calling...lol

I don't know what the cab situation is in Greenville, but South Carolina isn't midtown. When I've flown to SC on business back in the day I always rented a car to get around. I could have taken a cab from the airport to point B, but getting from point B to C or D would have taken advance planning and a lot of patience.

I don't know what the cab situation is in Greenville, but South Carolina isn't midtown. When I've flown to SC on business back in the day I always rented a car to get around. I could have taken a cab from the airport to point B, but getting from point B to C or D would have taken advance planning and a lot of patience.
Greenville has 'enough' cabs now for a city its size.

Clemson, no cab scene to be had.

Most seem pretty sanguine about this.

Matt did something extraordinarily dangerous. Best for everyone that he got stopped before he wrecked someone's life (either Saturday or in the future).

i feel pretty damn guilty about the bullets i dodged in the same situation
yep all these GD tailgates.....never ever out of it or even buzzed but who knows at this age what that means re actual blood alcohol level. Think I'm gonna buy one of those gadgets that you can self test. Gotta be something like that available in this day and age right? And does anyone know the difference between what used to be called DWAI, vs. DWI in terms of levels? They can't nail you for having ANY amount of alcohol in your blood can they? I'm so out of the loop these days I really don't know but wouldn't be surprised if that was the case re a ticket or something.

yep all these GD tailgates...never ever out of it or even buzzed but who knows at this age what that means re actual blood alcohol level. Think I'm gonna buy one of those gadgets that you can self test. Gotta be something like that available in this day and age right? And does anyone know the difference between what used to be called DWAI, vs. DWI in terms of levels? They can't nail you for having ANY amount of alcohol in your blood can they? I'm so out of the loop these days I really don't know but wouldn't be surprised if that was the case re a ticket or something.
it's moot now because midget induced sleep deprivation means i pass out after half a drink

some of those old games, i shouldn't have driven home until the following thursday

Reactions: cto
Just an FYI for people under the law in NC, MA, RI states where I am barred if you are sleeping in your car and have the keys within arms length of the ignition of the car and are over the legal limit you can be charged with DUI/DWI.

So if you are in your car and are drunk keep the keys an arm lengths from the ignition or your still going to be charged. Don't think the excuse you were trying to sleep away your drunkness will work. Sleep in the backseat and your safe unless you have a long reach sleeping in the driver's/passenger's seat and your pretty much done if the keys are visible.

Just an FYI for people under the law in NC, MA, RI states where I am barred if you are sleeping in your car and have the keys within arms length of the ignition of the car and are over the legal limit you can be charged with DUI/DWI.

So if you are in your car and are drunk keep the keys an arm lengths from the ignition or your still going to be charged. Don't think the excuse you were trying to sleep away your drunkness will work. Sleep in the backseat and your safe unless you have a long reach sleeping in the driver's/passenger's seat and your pretty much done if the keys are visible.

So Justin Pugh could conceivably sleep in the driver's seat, key in hand?

So Justin Pugh could conceivably sleep in the driver's seat, key in hand?
Rim-shot for the Giants fans. Well done. His short hands were all the draftniks talked about with Pugh. Pugh could safely sleep in the backseat and likely not have to worry about being able to reach the ignition.

I've been been barred from a couple restaurants, but 3 states? Sheesh.

.08 is a joke! Drunk driving is a serious problem, but we shouldn't let Mothers Against Drunk Driving make laws.

Im not going to say I agree with you... but i will say there should be different levels of DUI.

There is a big difference in danger b/w a .09 and .28.

Im not going to say I agree with you... but i will say there should be different levels of DUI.

There is a big difference in danger b/w a .09 and .28.
I would say most states definitely have different levels. I said BAL above .15 were always charged at a higher level. When I was handling the DUI cases if the BAL was under .15 and the person had no record and no one was hurt(this is the most important thing) I would plead the charge down to reckless driving if they would plead nolo, pay a fine, and go get elevated for alcohol abuse program.

If the charge was above .15 the orders were to take that offense way more stricter because that is a really high BAL and the person shouldn't be behind the wheel.

Am I the only one a little surprised that there are not more people disappointed in this situation, and less people knocking the laws and saying could've been any one of us? Agree with the laws or not, they are currently the laws.

(Taking cover)

My view on this, is I'm sure he already feels like a big enough bag.. no reason to pile on. Same thing I feel when someone from the bar gets one... "bummer dude, I told you to take a cab, let me know if you need anything" is better then "What is wrong with you dude, do you know what could have happened? how much this is going to cost you? you are messed man"

lol

Am I the only one a little surprised that there are not more people disappointed in this situation, and less people knocking the laws and saying could've been any one of us? Agree with the laws or not, they are currently the laws.

(Taking cover)

Right there with you. This is a cultural thing that is hard to shake, apparently, but there are thousands of Americans being killed each year because of people who violate this law. There should be zero tolerance.

Right there with you. This is a cultural thing that is hard to shake, apparently, but there are thousands of Americans being killed each year because of people who violate this law. There should be zero tolerance.
zero tolerance is a horrible idea

when you treat drivers after 2 beers the same as drivers who have 10, some 2 beer drinkers might have 0 and other 2 beer drinkers might think i'm screwed anyway, might as well have 10

zero tolerance is a horrible idea

when you treat drivers after 2 beers the same as drivers who have 10, some 2 beer drinkers might have 0 and other 2 beer drinkers might think i'm screwed anyway, might as well have 10
I can drink 3-4 beers and feel no ill effects, but would probably fail a breathalyzer. Luckily I live in NYC so this isn't a problem but I was always scared to drink if I was going to drive anywhere for that reason alone.

Something isn't adding up. He blew a .08 at 330am? Id assume that would be an hour and half after bars close and would be much more intoxicated. Wonder where he was coming from.

I would say most states definitely have different levels. I said BAL above .15 were always charged at a higher level. When I was handling the DUI cases if the BAL was under .15 and the person had no record and no one was hurt(this is the most important thing) I would plead the charge down to reckless driving if they would plead nolo, pay a fine, and go get elevated for alcohol abuse program.

If the charge was above .15 the orders were to take that offense way more stricter because that is a really high BAL and the person shouldn't be behind the wheel.

Hence the reason I can't be a lawyer or a judge. I read magazines instead of books and even then I basically look at the pictures.

I didnt read much of the thread except for the post I quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom