NC State attendance | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

The students have a single point of entry. They show their ticket and get a wristband (I'm sure the wristband delays things a little bit, but I get that part). The lower level fills in well before kickoff, but for some reason, they stop letting kids into the Dome once that happens. It was a legit 15 mins between when the lower level filled up and when they finally started filling up the upper level.

Am I to believe that it's just a massive coincidence that the lower level filled up all with kids that showed up on time and then the several hundred kids that all filled into the upper level (all at once basically) just showed up late? Nah, that ain't it. And it happens at every game, it was just especially jarring this game due to how full the rest of the Dome was.
I’m baffled at what the delay is.

How about just keep the line moving and direct them where to go once the lower level is full?

Well my son would say differently. Booze and procrastination are the culprits.

So standing outside in line over a half hour before kickoff is procrastinating? The student crowds when your son was there were nothing like what they have been in the past few years, I'm sure, since I haven't seen consistent student crowds like this in the 15 years I've had season tix.

So standing outside in line over a half hour before kickoff is procrastinating? The student crowds when your son was there were nothing like what they have been in the past few years, I'm sure, since I haven't seen consistent student crowds like this in the 15 years I've had season tix.

I just checked my texts from 4 non students who weee late getting in because they tailgated too long. They got there and in line at 3:16. They got inside the doors at 3:44. 28 mins. At 3:45 they said it was ugly. You might not notice in the crowd pictures because of “spreading” but at kickoff there were still long lines for non students too. People don’t think. It’s a sell out. Get there earlier.

I’m baffled at what the delay is.

How about just keep the line moving and direct them where to go once the lower level is full?

Just seems like we overthink things. Sell GA student tix for the lower level and GA student tix for the upper level. Let them all in at once, give them different color wristbands based on where their ticket is (which they already do) and be done with it. Oh and maybe have, I don't know, at least two points of entry for students instead of one? You don't need a Ph.D. to figure this one out.

maybe they sat with parents elsewhere?
Some parents may have made family reservations for dinner etc. I heard that hotels, restaurants were packed. Parents weekend is known before game time is known.

I just checked my texts from 4 non students who weee late getting in because they tailgated too long. They got there and in line at 3:16. They got inside the doors at 3:44. 28 mins. At 3:45 they said it was ugly. You might not notice in the crowd pictures because of “spreading” but at kickoff there were still long lines for non students too. People don’t think. It’s a sell out. Get there earlier.

Oh I'm sure there were plenty of students that showed up too late to get in on time. I'm also completely sure that's not the reason that literally 100% of the upper level student section was empty at kickoff.

Oh I'm sure there were plenty of students that showed up too late to get in on time. I'm also completely sure that's not the reason that literally 100% of the upper level student section was empty at kickoff.

Since it’s GA that’s the last choice I would assume the students go to.

You want to know who was late? Practically the entire family section in upper 333. The entire 1Q there were people arriving with all sorts of sodas and snacks wandering up the stairs, confused as all get out, looking for their seats.. during live plays.

One of my seat neighbors actually started yelling at some of them lol. I’m grateful they were there, don’t get me wrong. But get it together people.

Non-student. Got in line at Gate M at ~3:00. Got ticket scanned and walked in as the horn was blowing for first touchdown at ~3:35

Edit: it wasn't really a "line" though. Just a giant mass of people that were oddly... polite.

This one did not age well.

LOL that was also early in the week

If you read through the thread you would see that I changed it as things went on

But yeah, pull out one small piece….LOL

My entry has been slow all year. We shouldn't be using the revolving door anymore and we need more ticket scanners. The lines weren't slow to get in those first 4 games, but it still took awhile.

My entry has been slow all year. We shouldn't be using the revolving door anymore and we need more ticket scanners. The lines weren't slow to get in those first 4 games, but it still took awhile.
I still purchase paper tickets. I have had no issues.

I believe most places do GA because students want to sit with their friends.
Then I'd create a really easy way for kids to choose seats like the day of or something. This system just doesn't seem to work. But whatever. I'm just glad I had an assigned seat when I was there. This is why i never fly southwest.

My ticket told me to enter into Gate L upper. I parked at Dr King school around 3:00. We walked up the hill and opted to go to Gate K (sitting in endzone so barely closer to L than to K).

L's line was halfway down the stairs. K had maybe 10-15 people in front of me.

I was in the Dome at 3:11 according to my first text that i sent from the concourse. I was in my seats by 3:15.

I had never heard of Dr King parking but because i was coming from Rochester area after a noon football game and was late i didnt want to deal with traffic and parking issues on the Marshall St/Frat Row side of town so I opted to hit 81 and try it. Best move of my life. I will always be parking at Dr King from now on for every single game that i need to get in and out of. I hit 0 traffic. I had to learn a valubale lesson leaving that Adams entrance is closed but i just turned around and hit the next entrance and was complete smooth sailing.

I dont know that more scanners would help, since they struggle to get people to work the doors to start with. 45K people all trying to get thru the doors in the last 15 min is the issue.. And what arena is it not an issue? Add in the security and think back 25 yrs ago. walk in rip a ticket and move on. now its go thru security/ stop and get scanned 50/50 then go in and have to get a device to read a dirty screen. no wonder it takes longer. Add it up, if its just 15 secs per person more , every 4 people you added a min to your wait in line. Then add it looking at clear bags every 5-10 people and then dumping out drinks more than ever and over sized purse complaints.

But I recall in the 90s getting there plenty early and still waiting 10-15 min, and thats norm most every game you go to in the country 15-30 min in lines. it takes longer to get into these movies these days too.

Go to wegmans and its a wait as well. all the automation hasnt speeded anything up.

I dont know that more scanners would help, since they struggle to get people to work the doors to start with. 45K people all trying to get thru the doors in the last 15 min is the issue.. And what arena is it not an issue? Add in the security and think back 25 yrs ago. walk in rip a ticket and move on. now its go thru security/ stop and get scanned 50/50 then go in and have to get a device to read a dirty screen. no wonder it takes longer. Add it up, if its just 15 secs per person more , every 4 people you added a min to your wait in line. Then add it looking at clear bags every 5-10 people and then dumping out drinks more than ever and over sized purse complaints.

But I recall in the 90s getting there plenty early and still waiting 10-15 min, and thats norm most every game you go to in the country 15-30 min in lines. it takes longer to get into these movies these days too.

Go to wegmans and its a wait as well. all the automation hasnt speeded anything up.

Again it was slow when we had 35k. The Dome has always been slow with entry and concessions compared to other venues I have gone to.

At my gate, they couldn't scan my ticket. The scanner wasn't working, and there was only 2 people working that gate.

There's a whole lost generation of SU fans who don't grasp the concept that the seats numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... are on the right side of the aisle, and 101, 102, 103, 104, etc... are on the left side.
Depends on whether you are going up the aisle or down - but that would confuse them even more.

There's a whole lost generation of SU fans who don't grasp the concept that the seats numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... are on the right side of the aisle, and 101, 102, 103, 104, etc... are on the left side.
Or that row ZZ is a thing. I can't even count how many time people try to get in my seats and they are in the last row cause their ticket says Z.

i enter at gate k. Helped clean up at the Syracruz tailgate until 3pm, got to the gate at 310, was in my seat at 315. When i went from level 2 to level 3 near gate b there was a ton of people in line. When i got to my gate there was like 3 people

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom