NC State attendance | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

Sort of like the line at the tailgate. It was like people had never seen a buffet before

How many were women? They all take twice as long as they should in a buffet. Yeah, I said it.

F7AE5FDF-6056-46E2-A424-62467A544D16.jpeg

The unfilled student section is 100% related to how the university handles student entry into the Dome. It's a complete debacle and always has been. There is absolutely no scenario where that entire upper student section should be 100% empty at kickoff. These kids stand outside in a massive line for a long time. I guarantee the no-shows were not sitting with their parents. They were likely standing in line outside the Dome mid-way through the first quarter when they said screw it, let's go to a bar/party to watch.

The unfilled student section is 100% related to how the university handles student entry into the Dome. It's a complete debacle and always has been. There is absolutely no scenario where that entire upper student section should be 100% empty at kickoff. These kids stand outside in a massive line for a long time. I guarantee the no-shows were not sitting with their parents. They were likely standing in line outside the Dome mid-way through the first quarter when they said screw it, let's go to a bar/party to watch.

Why do they wait so long in a line? The same reason there were long lines at the non student gates. Idiots wait til just before kickoff to try to get in. Gotta get in those last beers.

Why do they wait so long in a line? The same reason there were long lines at the non student gates. Idiots wait til just before kickoff to try to get in. Gotta get in those last beers.

Nah I'm not gonna blame the students on that. I can walk right past them and be in my gate in less than a minute. They shouldn't have to stand in line for 45+ mins to get into the Dome. There were no students entering the lower section for a good 15 mins before a single student walked into the empty upper level. That's not on the students. These kids are clearly being held outside in line due to a poor entry system, and it looks like a good number of them decided it wasn't worth it once they were missing almost the entire first quarter. I'm not the only one that's noticed this. SU needs to fix it.

This is unacceptable at kickoff when literally every other section of the Dome is full. There’s no convincing me that it’s the students’ fault and not the crap entry system. You want the students to show up, you can’t treat them like crap

22F03552-BF30-4996-A87B-283EA58A0C6B.jpeg

Nah I'm not gonna blame the students on that. I can walk right past them and be in my gate in less than a minute. They shouldn't have to stand in line for 45+ mins to get into the Dome. There were no students entering the lower section for a good 15 mins before a single student walked into the empty upper level. That's not on the students. These kids are clearly being held outside in line due to a poor entry system, and it looks like a good number of them decided it wasn't worth it once they were missing almost the entire first quarter. I'm not the only one that's noticed this. SU needs to fix it.

How is their entry different than anyone else? My kid went there four years. You know how many kickoffs he missed because him and his friends were at the frat tailgating till 10 mins before kickoff? Plenty.

This is unacceptable at kickoff when literally every other section of the Dome is full. There’s no convincing me that it’s the students’ fault and not the crap entry system. You want the students to show up, you can’t treat them like crap

View attachment 221216

You keep calling it a crap system. What is the crap system? Having to show student ID besides their ticket?

Just assign seats based on priority like they did when I was a student there. Not sure why that's so hard. Also means kids don't have to line up hours early

You keep calling it a crap system. What is the crap system? Having to show student ID besides their ticket?
I dont like the first come first-served system. When I was an UG you got an assigned seat, which improved over your 4 years. I think that would be the way to go. Means students can enter like everyone else, and that section fills at the rate of everyone else's

Kinda unfair Dave...many thought 42K...but the CNY bandwagon over achieved
We’ve seen this many times before with “break the record! Again!!!! It’ll never happen again!! Until it does!!!” for hoops.

CNY loves to hop on the bandwagon when there’s an “event” that catches fire.

Kinda unfair Dave...many thought 42K...but the CNY bandwagon over achieved
There is a lot of mind sets that are thinking past practice. These guys have changed the picture ( SU football) just like the we have little chance Saturday(Tigers) stuff I’ve been reading. Time to update our attitude to match the Ohana Boys

Don’t have a single point of entry and don’t hold students outside while you’re slowly figuring out where to send them. This isn’t rocket science. The line outside was hundreds of kids deep when I walked into the dome a half hour before kick. It shouldn’t take that long to get in! I know that the university can do no wrong in your eyes, but it’s a complete joke that the team came out of the tunnel to a totally full dome except for a literally completely empty upper student section.

View attachment 221216
What is the entry system that was specifically in place and what is the basis specifically for your blasting Syracuse? Not saying you're necessarily wrong but I am hearing allot accusations from you but not any specifics. Were you outside? Did you see students only being held up? Are you familiar with the process for those seats?

I dont like the first come first-served system. When I was an UG you got an assigned seat, which improved over your 4 years. I think that would be the way to go. Means students can enter like everyone else, and that section fills at the rate of everyone else's

I believe most places do GA because students want to sit with their friends.

Don’t have a single point of entry and don’t hold students outside while you’re slowly figuring out where to send them. This isn’t rocket science. The line outside was hundreds of kids deep when I walked into the dome a half hour before kick. It shouldn’t take that long to get in! I know that the university can do no wrong in your eyes, but it’s a complete joke that the team came out of the tunnel to a totally full dome except for a literally completely empty upper student section.

Well my son would say differently. Booze and procrastination are the culprits.

What is the entry system that was specifically in place and what is the basis specifically for your blasting Syracuse? Not saying you're necessarily wrong but I am hearing allot accusations from you but not any specifics. Were you outside? Did you see students only being held up? Are you familiar with the process for those seats?

The students have a single point of entry. They show their ticket and get a wristband (I'm sure the wristband delays things a little bit, but I get that part). The lower level fills in well before kickoff, but for some reason, they stop letting kids into the Dome once that happens. It was a legit 15 mins between when the lower level filled up and when they finally started filling up the upper level.

Am I to believe that it's just a massive coincidence that the lower level filled up all with kids that showed up on time and then the several hundred kids that all filled into the upper level (all at once basically) just showed up late? Nah, that ain't it. And it happens at every game, it was just especially jarring this game due to how full the rest of the Dome was.

The students have a single point of entry. They show their ticket and get a wristband (I'm sure the wristband delays things a little bit, but I get that part). The lower level fills in well before kickoff, but for some reason, they stop letting kids into the Dome once that happens. It was a legit 15 mins between when the lower level filled up and when they finally started filling up the upper level.

Am I to believe that it's just a massive coincidence that the lower level filled up all with kids that showed up on time and then the several hundred kids that all filled into the upper level (all at once basically) just showed up late? Nah, that ain't it. And it happens at every game, it was just especially jarring this game due to how full the rest of the Dome was.

I figured that empty space was the visiting team's ticket allotment that had gone unsold.
Very sad that it was students waiting outside to get in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom