New, Exciting Topic: Bringing in a WR Coach | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New, Exciting Topic: Bringing in a WR Coach

Honestly I really really really like the ochocinco idea. I mean why not he's got a ton of personality would deffinatly be huge news and would get the recruits buzzing with excitement! Plus as much as he had antics u can't lie the man was and still is an amazing receiver
I keep trying to think of a reason why I don't like this idea and I'm coming up empty. This program needs buzz in the worst way and Ocho lives in Miami so must know some coaches in the area. Why not be one of the lead stories on College Football Tonight or whatever ESPN calls their shows now?

I would take either one of these guys:

https://oklahoma./content.asp?CID=1722606

I keep trying to think of a reason why I don't like this idea and I'm coming up empty. This program needs buzz in the worst way and Ocho lives in Miami so must know some coaches in the area. Why not be one of the lead stories on College Football Tonight or whatever ESPN calls their shows now?
Seriously someone should tweet the man... Worth a shot I know it sounds stupid but if he were to be interested he needs the idea thrown into his head

Seriously someone should tweet the man... Worth a shot I know it sounds stupid but if he were to be interested he needs the idea thrown into his head

Ya I can just see OchoCinco walking into a family's living room and telling them to trust him to mold their son for the next 4-5 years. I guess just as long as they never saw his reality show, or any of the other stupid stuff he pulled throughout his career.

Mentioned this before, but my oldest - Brandon - is currently the WR coach at Saint Lawrence up in Canton NY. Having watched him recruit kids to D3 schools over the last couple years -- last year he was at Methodist University in Fayetteville NC -- he's going to be a big time recruiting asset at the D1 level soon. He's still getting his chops right now and needs another year or two before he'll be ready to make the jump, but if/when he has scholarships to offer he's going to be scary good.

move adams to specials/TE move Acosta to WR Bring in a top level OL coach
I tend to agree, but that may crimp the recruiting options. Top level OL guys would be older guys who have been around, and might not be the best recruiters. I think it is imperative - a hard and fast requirement, actually (IMO) - that whoever is hired must be a very good recruiter. What position he coaches comes second.

If we have another spot open up after that, then I would say go for the OL guru and shuffle the chairs.

Mentioned this before, but my oldest - Brandon - is currently the WR coach at Saint Lawrence up in Canton NY. Having watched him recruit kids to D3 schools over the last couple years -- last year he was at Methodist University in Fayetteville NC -- he's going to be a big time recruiting asset at the D1 level soon. He's still getting his chops right now and needs another year or two before he'll be ready to make the jump, but if/when he has scholarships to offer he's going to be scary good.

Has he done a grad assistantship yet Run? Great way to get a free degree and good experience. Also, he should lateral to Elmhurst first if he'd like a shot at SU. ;)

Has he done a grad assistantship yet Run? Great way to get a free degree and good experience. Also, he should lateral to Elmhurst first if he'd like a shot at SU. ;)
He's a GA now at SLU. Good thing in that is they only have 3 fulltime coaches - the HC, the OC and the QB coach. The GAs cover everything else so he's picking up great experience :)

He's a GA now at SLU. Good thing in that is they only have 3 fulltime coaches - the HC, the OC and the QB coach. The GAs cover everything else so he's picking up great experience :)
Man it's
Got to be cold up there today