New Michigan AD Is Advocate For UCONN | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New Michigan AD Is Advocate For UCONN

One thing that really hurts UConn is the most populated county in Connecticut isn't even in the Hartford DMA. A large percentage of the state's population is in Fairfield County, which is part of the NY DMA.

Hell, the fact that Hartford is a Top 35 media market is amazing in its own right.

We aren't going to the ACC. We probably aren't going to the Big Ten. There's a far outside chance of the Big XII, but at this point I don't expect it. It is what it is and there's nothing worrying about it can do.

PS- Ask Houston if UConn has a football team.

First you say this...
Ward Manuel is not a stupid man. Do you think he is going to take over an AD job as big as Michigan and start out by saying he wants to get UCONN into the B1G. Syracuse needs to do what it has to protect itself as they are very low on the pecking order.
Then you say this...
If the B1G were to get SU and UCONN the ACC would be done for in the northeast and the B1G would have full control of 2 large geographic regions. No other conference would have complete control over that much population. The ACC would then lose 2 teams to the SEC and the rest would go to the BigXII.

(1) If SU is so low in the "pecking order", why would the B1G want to "get" us, let alone UCONN which brings no value whatsoever?

(2) Regardless what happens, SU will always have a landing spot, IMO, what with having the only major college program in NY State, y'know...that whole "New York's College Team" thingy?

(3) Expansion talk is mostly nonsense, but entertaining nonetheless. No one ever seems to mention GOR's and whatnot, when advocating for one conference to "take" or "poach" some team from another conference. Making things simplistic obscures complications, but it doesn't change the reality.

Let's hope he's joking, I'm too hungover to rip him apart.

Anyway, did you see the B1g just played a conference game in the Garden yesterday???

Smart move.

While our hoop team WILL NEVER give up a home game, somebody else will be forced to...and we will gladly play them there.

I think Gross could have been sweet talked into it by Swofford

One thing that really hurts UConn is the most populated county in Connecticut isn't even in the Hartford DMA. A large percentage of the state's population is in Fairfield County, which is part of the NY DMA.

Hell, the fact that Hartford is a Top 35 media market is amazing in its own right.

We aren't going to the ACC. We probably aren't going to the Big Ten. There's a far outside chance of the Big XII, but at this point I don't expect it. It is what it is and there's nothing worrying about it can do.

PS- Ask Houston if UConn has a football team.
You are a realist. I would agree with this. UConn basketball will always be fine but the football program will be mid-majorish if you guys remain in the American.

Also, you beat Houston without their starting QB. It was a good win but they weren't the same team without their dual-threat QB.

Also, you beat Houston without their starting QB. It was a good win but they weren't the same team without their dual-threat QB.

UConn's QB for that game was a backup who just transferred to Eastern Kentucky. He had never won a game and had 1 TD and 15ish INT's in his career.

Houston's backup came back to beat Memphis the week before. UConn's backup was an unmitigated tire fire disaster of a QB and they still won the damn game.

If UCONN gets any traction at all from the B1G , Syracuse needs to jump the ACC ship and lobby the B1G to be team 16.

uh65410,1283127224,jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

Conference realignment is like the sports equivalent of JFK assassination conspiracy theories. It's a cottage internet industry with a perilously thin grasp on reality.

Didn't that jackass "the dude from West Virginia" admit to making up stuff in a delusional attempt to destabilize the ACC?

I'm not making stuff up trying to destabilize the ACC. I see the B1G having their basketball tourney in The Garden and them holding many other events like last weekend in The Garden. The took Rutgers . All these things are being done to try to dominate the NY media market . It has been an advertising battle between them and the ACC. Now the AD from CONN goes to Michigan and it makes me wonder .

The Big Ten considers UConn a power-level opponent, but not Boise State. There's a reason. SB Nation.

CousCuse said:
The Big Ten considers UConn a power-level opponent, but not Boise State. There's a reason. SB Nation.

I'm not sure why this matters.

1. It is an SB Nation article lol
2. Did you read the why? Army was included too. Are they moving to the B1G?

1. It is an SB Nation article lol
2. Did you read the why? Army was included too. Are they moving to the B1G?
hysterical.

sb nation?? hes basing his argument on sb nation??

somebody send this guy back to the boneyard...

hysterical.

sb nation?? hes basing his argument on sb nation??

somebody send this guy back to the boneyard...
It is a fact. B1G recognizes UConn as a P5 equivalent in regards to scheduling.

good for them.

and i doubt it.

for committee and the rest of college football does not.

Reading comprehension.

The B1G teams have schedules set in advance. The B1G then created a one P5 OOC rule. Teams that didn't already have a P5 could ask for an exemption so they didn't have to change their schedule, which in essence makes the one P5 rule useless. Army, BYU, Navy, and ND count as P5 teams in the B1G's view. The B1G did not say UConn was a P5 but that they were an exemption. There is a difference.

Reading comprehension.

The B1G teams have schedules set in advance. The B1G then created a one P5 OOC rule. Teams that didn't already have a P5 could ask for an exemption so they didn't have to change their schedule, which in essence makes the one P5 rule useless. Army, BYU, Navy, and ND count as P5 teams in the B1G's view. The B1G did not say UConn was a P5 but that they were an exemption. There is a difference.
Is this like the definition of what " is " is.

I'm not making stuff up trying to destabilize the ACC. I see the B1G having their basketball tourney in The Garden and them holding many other events like last weekend in The Garden. The took Rutgers . All these things are being done to try to dominate the NY media market . It has been an advertising battle between them and the ACC. Now the AD from CONN goes to Michigan and it makes me wonder .

Yankees
Mets
Giants
Knicks
Rangers
Jets
Islanders
Nets
Devils

And I am sure I am missing something, been away from the motherland for a while.

Never wonder why someone takes a better job.

Yankees
Mets
Giants
Knicks
Rangers
Jets
Islanders
Nets
Devils

And I am sure I am missing something, been away from the motherland for a while.

Never wonder why someone takes a better job.
nailed it.

id argue the Giants in the 2 slot, but baseball just dominates and the mets are obviously the du jour right now.

id say the only other things that would register would be the US Open tennis and if theres a golf major in either NY or North Jersey.

and if Phil were to win a local open, both Harvey and Tanaka could throw a perfect game that Sunday and they wouldnt get the cover or the back page on that Monday.