Class of 2014 - Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered

He's not coming now. Don't know why
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

why is it so friggin hard to get kids to visit?

i think it's coaches decision and put me in the camp who believes it's better to visit after the season anyways.

I'll say it again, Clemson is perfect for unofficial visits. This is the down side of recruiting kids to far away to drive here.

He's still planning a visit. Outside of Holley, probably the best player on the defensive board right now. Really want this kid. Hope we get him on campus. Go CUSE!

He's still planning a visit. Outside of Holley, probably the best player on the defensive board right now. Really want this kid. Hope we get him on campus. Go CUSE!

Disagree with best player left on the d-board but we'll see.

Who do you like? I'm not taking into consideration need when i say this.

I think Sykes is no question one of the top d guys on the board but there are others. Mike Johnson and Slayton come to mind. The Sanders kid from Georgia and you still have Hallmon lurking. Depending on his position Edouard might be as good as anyone we're recruiting. Two kids that don't get much play are the LB from DeMatha - Bentley, and the safety/db from PA Rasaan Stewart.

I think we're going to see other kids pop up as we get into the grind of recruiting. We'll see where it goes.

I have a lot more faith that SU will get their share of talented HS players to sign their LOI on February than I have in the past...since the McNabb years to be honest.

I think Sykes is no question one of the top d guys on the board but there are others. Mike Johnson and Slayton come to mind. The Sanders kid from Georgia and you still have Hallmon lurking. Depending on his position Edouard might be as good as anyone we're recruiting. Two kids that don't get much play are the LB from DeMatha - Bentley, and the safety/db from PA Rasaan Stewart.

I think we're going to see other kids pop up as we get into the grind of recruiting. We'll see where it goes.

I want to say Stewart said on twitter he hasn't heard from us in over a month?

IMO Sykes is my #1 want for a variety if reasons, closely followed by Edouard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

This staff seems to be strong recruiters. They did a nice job last year on the fly without a lot of time to work with. With a full year to establish relationships with kids, we should see an uptick in recruiting this year.

I want to say Stewart said on twitter he hasn't heard from us in over a month?

IMO Sykes is my #1 want for a variety if reasons, closely followed by Edouard

just speculating but i wonder if stewart has grade issues.

Sykes is visiting Missouri un-officially this weekend. They're facing South Carolina.

I have a feeling this is going to come down to Syracuse and Missouri, but will choose to stay closer to home.

I have a feeling this is going to come down to Syracuse and Missouri, but will choose to stay closer to home.
For the geographically challenged... That would be Missouri I assume? I'm thinking Mizzou is 3 states away while we are four.

For the geographically challenged... That would be Missouri I assume? I'm thinking Mizzou is 3 states away while we are four.

I believe Missouri borders Illinois to the west?

images

I wish we had home and aways with Missouri.

They'd wipe the floor with us this year but in other years, possibly the future I think we are more than comparable.

I believe Missouri borders Illinois to the west?

images

Here I was thinking. Mizzou was 2 south and 1 west. Well keep fighting the fight I guess. Hopefully his January official goes very very well and keeps him off the Mizzou train. This is the LB I've wanted for a very long time. Hopefully we end up being the right choice for him.

Sykes is visiting Missouri un-officially this weekend. They're facing South Carolina.

Missouri is at 24 for this class, not sure how many in total they can take but I have to think if Sykes is still on their take list then they're really going to put the press on this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom