OC Candidates | Syracusefan.com

OC Candidates

When I was searching around Tim Cramsey was an interesting name. Current OC at Memphis. Of course no ties to Fran but he runs a very nice offense. Is from PA and went to the University of New Hampshire. So some NE ties. Grinded his way up from Grad Asst and has coached almost everything on the offensive side of the ball.

Last edited:
If this guy is actually involved in anyway with their O, he ain't coming here for a similar job.

I think getting a HC who has never run a team is a risk. I think having a HC who has never run an O or a D is an even bigger risk. I think having that HC then hire an OC who has never run an O is an even bigger risk.

The let's fill our entire staff with recruits and then figure out the football stuff as we go along strategy doesn't seem like a good one.

If this guy is actually involved in anyway with their O, he ain't coming here for a similar job.

I think getting a HC who has never run a team is a risk. I think having a HC who has never run an O or a D is an even bigger risk. I think having that HC then hire an OC who has never run an O is an even bigger risk.

The let's fill our entire staff with recruits and then figure out the football stuff as we go along strategy doesn't seem like a good one.

It was a name I threw out who fits a profile and it would be a promotion for him.

Except for your incessant complaining and whining you usually offer nothing of substance. In your pie in the sky fantasy world who's your OC. We're all ears.

Seider
2023-pres. - Penn State (Assistant Head Coach/Co-Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs)
2022-23 - Penn State (Co-Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs)
2020-21 - Penn State (Run Game Coordinator/Running Backs)
2017 - Florida (Running Backs/Recruiting Coordinator)
2013-16 - West Virginia (Running Backs)
2010-12 - Marshall (Running Backs/Recruiting Coordinator)
2008-09 - West Virginia (Offensive Graduate Assistant)
2006-07 - Lake Worth High School (Quarterbacks)
2003-05 - Palm Beach Lakes High School (Offensive Coordinator)
2001-02 - Glades Central High School (Running Backs)

It was a name I threw out who fits a profile and it would be a promotion for him.

Except for your incessant complaining and whining you usually offer nothing of substance. In your pie in the sky fantasy world who's your OC. We're all ears.

Seider
2023-pres. - Penn State (Assistant Head Coach/Co-Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs)
2022-23 - Penn State (Co-Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs)
2020-21 - Penn State (Run Game Coordinator/Running Backs)
2017 - Florida (Running Backs/Recruiting Coordinator)
2013-16 - West Virginia (Running Backs)
2010-12 - Marshall (Running Backs/Recruiting Coordinator)
2008-09 - West Virginia (Offensive Graduate Assistant)
2006-07 - Lake Worth High School (Quarterbacks)
2003-05 - Palm Beach Lakes High School (Offensive Coordinator)
2001-02 - Glades Central High School (Running Backs)

Most of my posts are based off of logic and data.

I haven't looked into potential OCs to give you a name. What I do know is having a guy with experience and their own system is a priority IMO. We are already taking a big risk with the HC. Can we really afford to hire an OC who is learning on the job?

You have to look for coaches that were around at the various schools when he was around. I posted the other day, Glenn Thomas, an offensive asst with the Steelers this year (his 1st year). Here is his resume, he was with Fran at Temple and Baylor with Ruhle

Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 11.01.23 AM.png

You have to look for coaches that were around at the various schools when he was around. I posted the other day, Glenn Thomas, an offensive asst with the Steelers this year (his 1st year). Here is his resume, he was with Fran at Temple and Baylor with Ruhle

View attachment 234097

That is a nice resume.

I don't think you need to necessarily have a direct connection. He just needs someone from his circle to know a guy.

Do we need to have a FBS guy be our OC?

What if we look at the success teams in FCS have. then review what they run.

Some of the success is scheme and some of it is talent.

Play calling mesh matters

Do we need to have a FBS guy be our OC?

What if we look at the success teams in FCS have. then review what they run.

Some of the success is scheme and some of it is talent.

Play calling mesh matters
It’s a super tangential relationship to Fran, but the Bells at his alma mater would be interesting to poke around at. Top offense in FCS and has done it at every stop.

I know I was looking at the Success Bell has had in a short time. He has led some really good passing numbers across several teams.

Penn State's offense is HORRIFIC this year.

It wasn't horrific. They're 10-2 and they score points.

#14 Scoring Offense
#60 Total Offense
#90 Passing Offense
#26 Rushing Offense

the guy adds a whole lot of recruiting cache. He's Penn State best recruiter imo.

I'm not saying go hire this guy. But he's a guy who checks a lot of boxes - and it's a promotion.

Until we get a QB and the OL coached up to pass block we've seen a our formula. Ground game with a calculated / complimentary passing game.

I want to take advantage of the turf and throw it all over the place to but we're just not built that way.

Glenn Thomas or Tim Cramsey would be good hires.

Glen Thomas could be a candidate. I posted this bio once before. I haven't dove in but he has Brown overlap and a lot of experience.

Last edited:
It wasn't horrific. They're 10-2 and they score points.

#14 Scoring Offense
#60 Total Offense
#90 Passing Offense
#26 Rushing Offense

the guy adds a whole lot of recruiting cache. He's Penn State best recruiter imo.

I'm not saying go hire this guy. But he's a guy who checks a lot of boxes - and it's a promotion.

Until we get a QB and the OL coached up to pass block we've seen a our formula. Ground game with a calculated / complimentary passing game.

I want to take advantage of the turf and throw it all over the place to but we're just not built that way.
Not sure its a promotion. he's already Associate Head Coach and Co-Offensive Coordinator at PSU

Last edited:
Just remember that our last "highly recommended" co-coordinator hired was Gerg.

That is a nice resume.

I don't think you need to necessarily have a direct connection. He just needs someone from his circle to know a guy.
Of course, im just saying, probability is hire if they have been around the person. So just checked, bottom 3rd is passing for every where hes been. So he should NOT be the hire lol

I would not want a Big10 coordinator if we don’t have to, I’m afraid someone will mention Brian Ferentz next
I would take Brian as an O-Line coach...he is actually very good at that...I suspect he may return to Iowa in that capacity or something similar.

You can look at a couple of guys on Georgia’s support staff.

Darrell Dickey the offensive analyst. He’s 63yrs old and has no connections to Fran. But if you are looking for an experienced guy to run the offense, look no further.

Brandon Streeter another offensive analyst. He’s a Clemson guy. He’s also been at Richmond, Liberty, and Charleston Southern. Born in Gettysburg PA. Was a recruiting coordinator at Clemson. Recruited Trevor Lawrence and DJ Uiagalelei.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom