Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Knew the pro element was going to be the main factor here. Dad wasn’t trying to convince him of the family element but he didn’t buy it... I can’t blame the kid as SU has a tough time with the draft compared to UK. And a kid coming from a tough city like Pontiac, really can’t blame him for getting tunnel vision on pro element through UK
There is no “pro element” to UK or Duke. Getting top 10 recruits every year will lead to some going to the NBA. He is more likely to get lost in the shuffle there than he would be if he came here or even Alabama. This “getting guys to the pros” is so overblown. JB does more with less than Calipari could dream of. Dude should be in the final 4 every year with his rosters.

If that was his feeling he should have committed 3 months ago and spared everyone the circus. And UK doesn't turn anyone into a pro. They recruit the elite players who would all be pros out of high school if the NBA would allow it.

well, now i'm looking forward to meeting kentucky in the 2021 tournament & ij getting pummeled by bourama on our way to our 2nd straight final four

lol Sidibe will either be redshirting or out indefinitely after both his knees spontaneously combust or something.

Well I, for one, am SHOCKED!

134BB85B-109D-427B-8A85-4DCC25ABF5FC.jpeg

Duke with 6 recruits had 70 points. Us with IJ and 3 total recruits would have 60 points

At least now I can look forward to my annual March Madness tradition of seeing Kentucky lose, the Kentucky fan base being crazy mad and Coach Cal saying that he did the best he could with such a young team. The cycle keeps repeating itself.

Hopefully the Cuse coaches reach out to Isaiah and wish him luck and say to keep Cuse in mind if things don’t work out there.

There is no “pro element” to UK or Duke. Getting top 10 recruits every year will lead to some going to the NBA. He is more likely to get lost in the shuffle there than he would be if he came here or even Alabama. This “getting guys to the pros” is so overblown. JB does more with less than Calipari could dream of. Dude should be in the final 4 every year with his rosters.

No doubt about it. But there is definitely a certain cache and swag associated with going to UK, and simply receiving a UK offer. It's difficult to compete with

If that was his feeling he should have committed 3 months ago and spared everyone the circus. And UK doesn't turn anyone into a pro. They recruit the elite players who would all be pros out of high school if the NBA would allow it.
How dare he take his time and look at all options and see if anyone stood out above UK. How dare he take a few months to make a decision that could change his life. He should rush his decision so strangers on the internet can move on

It was never worth investing time in this recruitment. I seriously mean that.
The disappointment on here is palpable. I get that. But to not give it a shot? I don't buy that. It's sort of like McMurphy says in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest": "Well, I tried, didn't I. Goddamnit, at least I tried ..." I think we had to at least hope that maybe this time we could do it ...

Exactly. They’re practically already pros when they commit

ok, after thinking about it, there’s just no way I could see this kid beating out a senior Sidibe. And a sophomore Jesse Edwards has just as high of an upside as the backup C.

This is a slightly more wordy version of my pre-Written “option number 2” statement, and yes, I am going with this.

It was obvious he was going to Kentucky. The kid wants to play in the NBA. How many players do we have in the NBA?

i didn’t think it was obviously Kentucky until last night. But this recruitment kind of fell into our laps. For a kid for all intents and purposes, despite hour’s obvious talent, is not a “need.”

Nevertheless, the H0T Takes in the aftermath were obvious.

ok, after thinking about it, there’s just no way I could see this kid beating out a senior Sidibe. And a sophomore Jesse Edwards has just as high of an upside as the backup C.

This is a slightly more wordy version of my pre-Written “option number 2” statement, and yes, I am going with this.
Really?

I think he for sure beats out Sidibe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom