PG situation next year | Syracusefan.com

PG situation next year

RaleighSUfan

Scout Team
My stomach hurts at the thought of our PG situation next year. We desperately need to hit the transfer or JUCO market this summer.

where are the canadiens ? we should absolutely own the Ontario market. oshae know anybody ?

Last edited:
where are the canadiens ? we should absolutely own the Ontario market. oshae know anybody ?

They're going other places! Except for Oshae, but he's not a PG.

My stomach hurts at the thought of our PG situation next year. We desperately need to hit the transfer or JUCO market this summer.

Don't know why people around here keep asking for JUCOs, they're not good. We're better off going the grad transfer route or grabbing a lower ranked guard in high school.

Don't know why people around here keep asking for JUCOs, they're not good. We're better off going the grad transfer route or grabbing a lower ranked guard in high school.

I think we're well beyond the time for being picky. All we have for next year is Howard and he's been horrible this year. We may be forced into playing Battle at PG... unfortunately, if we did that we wouldn't have a SG. I have to imagine the upcoming Boeheim retirement is a major concern for recruits.

I think we're well beyond the time for being picky. All we have for next year is Howard and he's been horrible this year. We may be forced into playing Battle at PG... unfortunately, if we did that we wouldn't have a SG. I have to imagine the upcoming Boeheim retirement is a major concern for recruits.

It's not being picky, a JUCO is probably going to be worse than the worst PG that we've ever had play minutes.

It's not being picky, a JUCO is probably going to be worse than the worst PG that we've ever had play minutes.

Not necessarily, kids go to junior college because of grades sometimes. That doesn't mean they can't play... I agree with you that quality JUCO players are few and far between.

It's not a terrible idea except we don't have anyone to backfill the other guard spot.

Yes it is.
AND we also don't have another guard.
So it's a doubly terrible idea.

That drive and dish to Lydon for the late dunk was pretty much the only play Battle has set up for a teammate in ages.
He doesn't have PG skills. Period.

Gonna be a grad transfer/late signing.

If not possible line up including -
Howard
Battle
Moyer
Lydon
Thompson
And brisset sibde on bench

Other thought is
1. ??????
2. Moyer
3. Brisset
4. Thompson
5. Sibde
This including no Howard battle Lydon...hmmm

Yes it is.
AND we also don't have another guard.
So it's a doubly terrible idea.

That drive and dish to Lydon for the late dunk was pretty much the only play Battle has set up for a teammate in ages.
He doesn't have PG skills. Period.

I don't think anyone knows for sure unless he was put into the situation. Also, who would have thought Gbinije would have worked out so well? All I'm saying is that if our only choice is Howard, we may have to exoeriment a little bit.

if you look at the Recruiting Forum, you'll see a few 2017 JUCO point prospects mentioned, and an entire thread on 4th year juniors who might be grad transfer options

and then ou'll realize that the pickings are slim and we're not likely to be any better off at the position than we have been this year Photobucket burning couch

Not necessarily, kids go to junior college because of grades sometimes. That doesn't mean they can't play... I agree with you that quality JUCO players are few and far between.

Of course they do. But if we were to make a list of all the JUCOs that ended up being league average players I don't think it would be a very long list. I don't really want to rely on that.

Of course they do. But if we were to make a list of all the JUCOs that ended up being league average players I don't think it would be a very long list. I don't really want to rely on that.
and, having looked through the list of JUCO sophomore points, it appears that the best of the lot have long since committed elsewhere anyway

Gonna be a grad transfer/late signing.

If not possible line up including -
Howard
Battle
Moyer
Lydon
Thompson
And brisset sibde on bench

Other thought is
1. ??????
2. Moyer
3. Brisset
4. Thompson
5. Sibde
This including no Howard battle Lydon...hmmm
We also need another 3 from the grad transfer market. Moyer cannot play the 3. His is a 4.

Especially now. All the good JUCO's are already committed

what coaches are leaving ? does this affect transfers or does a waiver apply only to programs on probation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom