Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

PG Alterique Gilbert, top 25 in Class of 2016, commits to UConn
By Jon Rothstein / CBS Sports

Ok...got this from a very reliable source. Battle wants to commit, but will wait until Syracuse hears the NCAA response to the appeal.
That is what I recently posited but a few respected posters here stated that they felt it would happen "a lot sooner" than that. I respect their point of view enough to roll with it.

Ok...got this from a very reliable source. Battle wants to commit, but will wait until Syracuse hears the NCAA response to the appeal.

Not sure what difference that would make.

If we win the appeal and they raise our scholarship limit from 10 to 11, there will be room for him.

If we lose the appeal, there'll still be room for him. ;)

All these articles by syracuse.com, the daily orange, and even nunes make it look like we were still in on Gilbert. It's kind of disturbing how poor their coverage on recruiting is. They would be better off not reporting anything than publishing some of the garbage out there today. They literally show they know little to nothing about the nuances of recruiting.

Not sure what difference that would make.

If we win the appeal and they raise our scholarship limit from 10 to 11, there will be room for him.

If we lose the appeal, there'll still be room for him. ;)

Agree, and it seems like a response is a ways off. Maybe the Battle family feels like they wouldn't be taking someone else's 'ship. Guess he wants to announce for us after we announce we are getting a scholly back. Not sure why Battle just didn't commit on the spot, before Chuckwu committed.

Cusefan0307 said:
All these articles by syracuse.com, the daily orange, and even nunes make it look like we were still in on Gilbert. It's kind of disturbing how poor their coverage on recruiting is. They would be better off not reporting anything than publishing some of the garbage out there today. They literally show they know little to nothing about the nuances of recruiting.

Football recruiting coverage is far superior to basketball.

Agree, and it seems like a response is a ways off. Maybe the Battle family feels like they wouldn't be taking someone else's 'ship. Guess he wants to announce for us after we announce we are getting a scholly back. Not sure why Battle just didn't commit on the spot, before Chuckwu committed.
"After we announce that we are getting a scholly back." What stocks should I buy?

"After we announce that we are getting a scholly back." What stocks should I buy?

Just telling you want I heard bro. From someone that knows a lot more than anyone here. You can believe it or not. I dont care. I feel better about Battle now, and don't expect an announcement anytime soon.

I doubt this because then we wouldnt have taken chukwu.

If we expect to get a schollarship back, what's the difference? Why hasn't the kid announced? Where is he going? UCONN is out. Duke and Louisville are not recruiting him. Seems like Michigan is probably out. Just passing along what they told SU.

If we expect to get a schollarship back, what's the difference? Why hasn't the kid announced? Where is he going? UCONN is out. Duke and Louisville are not recruiting him. Seems like Michigan is probably out. Just passing along what they told SU.

Could it be that the commitment is in but the staff asked him to consider not making it public in order to minimize inane message board chatter and speculation about who is going to be forced out to open up a scholarship? ;)

Maybe it's SU that's telling him to wait for the NCAA announcement? Maybe the SUAD doesn't want to be seen as showing up the NCAA? When you're dealing with a capricious organization, sometimes a little humility is necessary to avoid an unexpected about-face.

Maybe it's SU that's telling him to wait for the NCAA announcement? Maybe the SUAD doesn't want to be seen as showing up the NCAA? When you're dealing with a capricious organization, sometimes a little humility is necessary to avoid an unexpected about-face.

Could very well be the case.

Plus, maybe they want to wait because, if we take Battle before we get a scholarship back, it would be viewed as us basically saying "Yes, we plan on showing someone the door"...so if we wait and get one back, we don't have to seem like jerks who are willing to push people out to make room for a star.

Just telling you want I heard bro. From someone that knows a lot more than anyone here. You can believe it or not. I dont care. I feel better about Battle now, and don't expect an announcement anytime soon.
The decision on our appeal will be a made by committee and the committee has not decided. Your inside info is worthless in regards to whether we get scholly relief. The appeals com. has many options including some that would help us out but not Battle.

Oh great...now the ncaa appeal thread is going to get 400,000 views and disintegrate into total madness ;)
couchburn

The decision on our appeal will be a made by committee and the committee has not decided. Your inside info is worthless in regards to whether we get scholly relief. The appeals com. has many options including some that would help us out but not Battle.

I'm going to guess my source is privy to information you have no clue about. We'll see.

Im saying it doesnt make sense thats why battle is waiting to commit. If that was the reason, we wouldve never accepted chukwu's commit. It seems to me the staff wants battle more than chukwu

I have no idea, but I always wanted to do this … HE GONE! (again, I am as clueless as the people who usually write those words, but I just felt like being a dork!)
Whoa. Whoa, now. I am full of clues and I do not appreciate nor will tolerate any belief to the contrary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom