Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 129 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

After suffering their first loss (to Battle's former team), St. Joseph bounces back to cold throttle Piscataway, 74-41.
TB did his due, 21 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 steals and 2 blocks.

Interesting enough is the kid's game log.
He's had 2 blocks in every game but 1 and since they left out all the other stats for that 1 game, it's safe to guess how many blocks he had. Not too shabby for a (wait for it) Point Guard! :)

Having watched some of Battle's games at St. Joseph-- Battle's not playing PG. I think he's playing either power forward or center, actually. That's why he gets blocks.

I haven't seen Tyus play in person this year, but last year at GSB, he handled the opening tip but then resumed his guard duties. But yeah...:confused:.

It is weird, but it's fairly normal in HS BB. I mean, the kid is 6'7 right? And if you're a HS BB coach that means he's probably at least your second tallest player... Are you going to have him at the 2 and a 6'4 kid at the 4? The position that Battle plays in AAU is more important, and I'm pretty sure he's a SG there.

Anybody happen to be at the Hoop Hall Classic yesterday to watch Battle? I usually get to Springfield for the games but was unable to this year. I think his St. Joe's team played at 4 yesterday and lost by 8? Even a box score would be of interest. Did Taurean T. play as well? Thanks in advance.

sususpicious said:
Anybody happen to be at the Hoop Hall Classic yesterday to watch Battle? I usually get to Springfield for the games but was unable to this year. I think his St. Joe's team played at 4 yesterday and lost by 8? Even a box score would be of interest. Did Taurean T. play as well? Thanks in advance.

Believe I read that he finished with 19 after a slow start.

I think a lot of the final decisions about Mickey D AA are made there.

Battle finished with 19 points on 7-19 field goals and 8 boards and 3 assists.

Taurean Thompson finished with 23 points, 16 Rebs & 6 blocks (per Andrew Slater of 2.4.7)

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/600035?referrer_id=1555437

Last edited:
Thanks so much! Though his numbers were so-so, not worried about Battle. He'll be (more-than) fine. As for Thompson, with stats like that, he looks like a "must-get." Springtime decision can't come soon enough. Knock wood.

Burger game announcement tonight at 10:30ET on ESPNU. I think Battle makes the team. Best to both Battle and Rattle (my nickname for Moyer, as in rim rattle).

F mickey d's! I'll take a kid with his skills, and the way he interacted with those autistic kids over any body on that micky d's team. Their food sucks and their aa team doesn't mean squat at the end of the day.
(wonder if there will be a Battle-Forth-SU team connection working with autistic kids...that would be cool)

Tyus' last few games:
27 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assist, 2 steals, 1 block in a win over South Brunswick
19 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block in 68-60 loss to Franklin Howard's alma mater
14 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 6 steals, 4 blocks in a win over Perth Amboy
20 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals in a (wait for it) 44 point steamrolling of North Brunswick

Averages to date: 19.9 ppg, 7.9 rebounds per, 4 dimes, 2.7 steals, 1.5 blocks. Remember: this is only what's recorded. A few games missed some of the complete statistics (blocks, steals, assists, etc).

The numbers are thimply ludicrith.
CJ1EuPiWsAArsr3.jpg

Take that, Ronald McDonald - Whopper beat the Big Mac!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom