Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 130 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

just plain nasty

8fc37cac2fa5dd5a4e086044fa699be6af0ed39f7f38e970d72a5a9fb5a6c61c.jpg

Tyus' last few games:
27 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assist, 2 steals, 1 block in a win over South Brunswick
19 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block in 68-60 loss to Franklin Howard's alma mater
14 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 6 steals, 4 blocks in a win over Perth Amboy
20 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals in a (wait for it) 44 point steamrolling of North Brunswick

Averages to date: 19.9 ppg, 7.9 rebounds per, 4 dimes, 2.7 steals, 1.5 blocks. Remember: this is only what's recorded. A few games missed some of the complete statistics (blocks, steals, assists, etc).

The numbers are thimply ludicrith.
CJ1EuPiWsAArsr3.jpg

Take that, Ronald McDonald - Whopper beat the Big Mac!

Everybody's got a plan... until they get punched in the face.

If you go to that Site that Tee referenced, you can see some extended highlights. Fun to see Tyus in game action.

Last edited:
Francis03 & others, any thoughts about Battle not making the Jordan Classic roster either, after no love from McD's?

Francis03 & others, any thoughts about Battle not making the Jordan Classic roster either, after no love from McD's?

He isn't on preliminary rosters. There will be more added soon. Plus, Roberson, Lydon & Diagne didn't make the national game but did play in the regional games. I don't put a whole lot of stock in selections of all-star teams. It's a popularity contest.

He isn't on preliminary rosters. There will be more added soon. Plus, Roberson, Lydon & Diagne didn't make the national game but did play in the regional games. I don't put a whole lot of stock in selections of all-star teams. It's a popularity contest.
I agree, but I'm just wondering why there seems to be a lack of popularity or recognition with Battle currently, seems like he's just killing it this season at a well known high school level and is committed to a high profile basketball school like Syracuse... why no shine?

I agree, but I'm just wondering why there seems to be a lack of popularity or recognition with Battle currently, seems like he's just killing it this season at a well known high school level and is committed to a high profile basketball school like Syracuse... why no shine?
wh.jpg

Unfortunately the injury throughout his Junior year has killed his national buzz. Junior/rising Senior, spring and summer circuit is where the players make their stance one last time to leave an impression on scouts. Battle was considered a top 15 prospect before that, but obviously couldn't showcase his talents due to the injuries. Now it's basically out of site, out of mind to most. I don't think it's a bad thing for SU, because now he's a little bit under the radar and doesn't have to deal with unrealistic expectations coming in as a freshman. He has a chance tonight to regain his nationally buzz against top 15 Duke commit Frank Jackson, on ESPNU tonight at 11.

Battle scored his team's first three field goals (1 was a three) and gave them an early lead. Now down 3. He has a block and either another block or steal, camera missed it but they commented on it.

Kid's an absolute stud. Not sure if he's a point guard, but he's a lead guard and can make plays. Also has the potential to be a plus defender at the top of the zone, and can rebound well at that spot.

Cannot wait for him to don Orange. Him & Malachi in the backcourt next year... wow.

Just had an amazing spin move in the open court, scored and was fouled but missed the free throw. He has 9 points, still 1 minute left in the 1st quarter. Just sat with two fouls, one was a charge that the announcers questioned. It was close but I thought the defender got there with time to spare. Anyway, Frank Jackson played very well and Lone Peak is up 2, thanks to him. Slashed, drove and dunked a few times. But Tyus is keeping St Joe's in it. Got the shooter's touch on the first three including the deep ball. Neither team has size for high school, but good guard play all around. Battle has definitely played the point a bunch of times already (but you are right, not a pure point guard). Brought up the ball, ran the offense from the top of the key.

With Battle on the bench, St. Joe's scores a bucket but doesn't get back on defense, fouls Jackson. Lead is now 7 for Lone Peak so they will be forced to put Tyus in soon to stop the bleeding.

And on cue, checks back in.

Down 9 now. Battle didn't hustle down the court and another clean up play for Jackson and Lone Peak. But, he just posted up and scored a high percentage shot. I think Battle seems to have more talent, but Jackson is plenty talented and playing harder than anyone else on the court. Doesn't hurt that his teammates are now drilling deep threes. Lone Peak pulling away behind a large and raucous crowd. Pretty loud for a high school game!

Battle with two assists in a row, now St. Joe's within 5 points, plenty of time, 3rd quarter. One was coast to coast, dribbling left hand all the way and one handed pass to his teammate.

Tee--thanks for posting this. After seeing your P-B-P, I was reminded to go turn on the game and catch Battle's game live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom