Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 134 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

After two recent losses, Tyus and St Joe's bounce back with an old fashioned tushy whoopin hosting Bishop Ahr in their opening playoff round. Check it: 72-17? Other team scored 1 in the 1st quarter. ONE! I'd rather get the zero on the test. Could have been chalked up as not taking it, something weird happened, etc. :) The opposition also failed to score more than 7 in any of the quarters.

As for Tyus? 27 points on 5 threes. No other stats available, but who cares? It's a whoopin!

After two recent losses, Tyus and St Joe's bounce back with an old fashioned tushy whoopin hosting Bishop Ahr in their opening playoff round. Check it: 72-17? Other team scored 1 in the 1st quarter. ONE! I'd rather get the zero on the test. Could have been chalked up as not taking it, something weird happened, etc. :) The opposition also failed to score more than 7 in any of the quarters.

As for Tyus? 27 points on 5 threes. No other stats available, but who cares? It's a whoopin!

I'm starting to get the feeling that Howard starts at PG, Battle at the 2, and that Lydon is the sixth man, rotating between the 3 and 4, with Malachi moving to the 2 at times while Battle mans the point.
I can see this too. Lydon will be very important next year, but so was Dion at the same role. Not sure that's how JB will roll, but it can happen.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Howard starts at PG, Battle at the 2, and that Lydon is the sixth man, rotating between the 3 and 4, with Malachi moving to the 2 at times while Battle mans the point.
Lydon will be the best player on the team next year (if he returns). There's no way he's coming off the bench.

orangenirvana said:
Lydon will be the best player on the team next year (if he returns). There's no way he's coming off the bench.

Malachi will be the best player, and Lydon isn't going anywhere.

Malachi will be the best player, and Lydon isn't going anywhere.

Probably splitting hairs, but the program is always at its best when we have an elite forward we can run our offense through. Not saying Malachi won't be good, but I don't think he's going to be as efficient when compared to Lydon. I think Lydon can average 16 and 9 next year and it's only going to require him taking a few more shots per game. He's the higher ranked NBA prospect by Draft Express FWIW.

Probably splitting hairs, but the program is always at its best when we have an elite forward we can run our offense through. Not saying Malachi won't be good, but I don't think he's going to be as efficient when compared to Lydon. I think Lydon can average 16 and 9 next year and it's only going to require him taking a few more shots per game. He's the higher ranked NBA prospect by Draft Express FWIW.
This is a Kid Mamba thread! He will be best player next year (by end of year) and he will go highest in the draft over Paschal, TL, And Mal ;-)

Look at the elevation on Tyus' jumper here:
12717716_1025843074105141_3031608075419568062_n.jpg

Look at the elevation on Tyus' jumper here:
12717716_1025843074105141_3031608075419568062_n.jpg
This is what i dont understand. TB is not known for his jump shot, but that guy provided two photos of TBs jumpshots in this game and not only is his elevation impressive but hes so straight up and down. I will miss TC some day bigtime , but will not miss the drift he has sometimes on his jumper

Stats here
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/3589841/

Tyus with 15 points, 10 boards, 5 dimes, 3 steals and 2 blocks. I call that stat line "playoff business". Some might call it "blue steel", yet still, others have called it "magnum".

Anywho, his brother Khalif, freshman had 10 points, 2 triples. Tyree went ballistic with a triple double 15/10/10 and 2 steals and Frink (multi-dimensional big man) led all scorers with 18 points, 12 rebounds , 1 assist and 2 blocks.

Remember: sharing = caring :)

Thanks again Jack. Looks like Tyus had a team high and tied a game high with 21 points.
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...joes-downs-woodbridge-66-33-in-the-gmc-semis/
"(We wanted to make) a huge statement,"Tyus Battle, who scored 21 points, said. "States is coming up next so hopefully this will strike fear into some other teams' hearts coming into the state tournament. We are trying to win as much as we can."

I like it just fine. Next up is the finals of the Greater Middlesix ;) County tourney against South Brunswick, who they beat twice in the regular season.

St Joseph Metuchen hosts South Brunswick in the GMC finals tomorrow night, 8 pm. They should pull this off. Then, onto the Non Public this tourney, the Non Public that tourney, Everybody Gets Happy Stickers tourney, then of course the TOC. Jersey strong. :eat popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom