Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

How many times do you have to be told, he's taking time to think over his decision and won't be making any announcements until he's sure? Good god, man.
he is allowed to ask, its his right, we all want tyus to say yes to cuse, so commit I agree

I guess you guys are checking his Twitter for the latest or do you rely on Syracuse.com?

If he'd only asked once, that's fine. But dude has been asking 10 times a day since Battle's visit was announced. How many times does it need to be explained that the family is keeping quiet?

Yeah, I hate when posters demand that a kid makes a decision based on the poster's personal deadline. I won't mention any names.

I almost had a heart attack when I signed into the Basketball Recruiting page and saw "Verballed to Syracuse!", then I realized I was looking at the Moyer thread... I'm making rookie mistakes because of this kid!:eek:

Take your time Tyus. It is a big decision and it is important to get it right. While it is a natural fit in our eyes, we should all realize how big of a decision this is. I hope all the positive momentum with the announcement of Mark Coyle and the ideals he brings with him ultimately leads you to wear Orange.

And no names to be mentioned but those who can't respect the need for Tyus to think this through - settle down!

I guess you guys are checking his Twitter for the latest or do you rely on Syracuse.com?
The guys that provide the best info here have their own sources. The great thing about this board is that there are many serious and influential people that play a big role here, a bunch of current or former students that have connections, and a cross-section of other posters that may get info as well. I think it's more likely that Syracuse.com gets their stories here than vice-versa. Thanks to all of you insiders that share what you can...

right now we are in the hunt for a couple other excellent guards.
i don't want any kid we eventually LOI to feel like the tyus battle consolation prize. both sides should be equally committed that the prospect is our top choice at his position and that we are his top school.

right now we are in the hunt for a couple other excellent guards.
i don't want any kid we eventually LOI to feel like the tyus battle consolation prize. both sides should be equally committed that the prospect is our top choice at his position and that we are his top school.

Tyus is the top choice and everyone knows it. Gotta trust the staff.

Take your time Tyus. It is a big decision and it is important to get it right. While it is a natural fit in our eyes, we should all realize how big of a decision this is.

The funny thing is, that while I agree with you for the most part, it is also not really true. It's not that huge of a decision. With the exception of Yvonne, all the schools on the list are absolute can't miss situations for a guy like this. Yvonne is only different because if he goes there he will only be on TV in Hartford and parts of eastern Estonia or where ever their TV deal is. Outside of that, a kid of this caliber will only be spending 9 months or so at whatever school he picks and will move on to the NBA draft and on with his life.

The funny thing is, that while I agree with you for the most part, it is also not really true. It's not that huge of a decision. With the exception of Yvonne, all the schools on the list are absolute can't miss situations for a guy like this. Yvonne is only different because if he goes there he will only be on TV in Hartford and parts of eastern Estonia or where ever their TV deal is. Outside of that, a kid of this caliber will only be spending 9 months or so at whatever school he picks and will move on to the NBA draft and on with his life.
I agree. But once you get into the NBA with the constant travel and coast-to-coast trips, it's hard for your family to see you play. Tyus' parents (or any other parents for that matter) have been watching him play basketball since he was 6. Those 9 months that he's in school could very well be the last 9 months of his basketball life that his parents can see him play in person a majority of the season. Only Battle and his parents know how important that is to them. But you're right about the rest...no matter where he goes he'll be on TV and end up in the NBA.

The funny thing is, that while I agree with you for the most part, it is also not really true. It's not that huge of a decision. With the exception of Yvonne, all the schools on the list are absolute can't miss situations for a guy like this. Yvonne is only different because if he goes there he will only be on TV in Hartford and parts of eastern Estonia or where ever their TV deal is.

FYI - UConn is on national TV more than ever.

Choosing the school where you will spend several years and which will probably determine the path of your future is not that huge of a decision? OK, got it. :rolleyes:

To me this is all gravy, already moved on after his commitment so he can take all the time he wants and if he picks another school so be it. Dont get me wrong tho, ill be doing backflips if he does commit here.
he's already picked michigan. are we supposed to feel giddy about being the second girl he asked to prom? get it done or move on. pronto.
If kate beckinsale said I was her fourth option I'd still be giddy as hell. Tyus can verbal to 39 schools. If he comes here after the fact, im giddy.

To me this is all gravy, already moved on after his commitment so he can take all the time he wants and if he picks another school so be it. Dont get me wrong tho, ill be doing backflips if he does commit here.
This^^^
My orange-colored worldview says that any kid who doesn't pick the CUSE, well...their loss.
A few days ago he was becoming an afterthought- today we're front runners for his talents.
He'd almost made a big mistake- here's his chance for a mulligan. It's on him to take advantage of it & if he doesn't, again...it'll be his loss.
LGO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom