Probability that this JB's last season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Probability that this JB's last season

Probably that this is this JB's last season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Prior to this weekend, I would have guessed that there was a pretty low probability. JB's recent comments in the media / overt defiance made it sound like he wouldn't be stepping away anytime soon.

But after yesterday's festivities, it seems like a perfect way to go out. A celebration of his pinnacle achievement, with a bunch of beloved players back in town, two jerseys hoisted up into the rafters, winning big at home after a difficult couple of losses, etc.

And a big crowd there to commemorate, setting aside the disappointing season.

Not quite a storybook perfect ending, but would be a pretty cool way to ride off into the sunset. I'm thinking more like 75% now.

Thought the same about his comments but maybe its more about him not wanting to seem like hes being pushed out by a bunch of lunatic fans like us…

He isn’t going anywhere. You would literally have to drag him out kicking and screaming.

If he loses Wednesday: 90%
If he loses Thursday: 80%
If he loses Friday: 60%
If he loses Saturday: 25%
If he makes the NCAAs: 1%

Gonna be an interesting week for rooting interests.

If he is closer to 100 than 0, it kind of stinks for him and the fans that he didn’t get the proper final Dome send off. Perhaps JB has come to the conclusion, as the year progressed, that this was it. But he couldn’t announce it and take away from Hak and GMac’s special day alongside the Championship reunion. That wouldn’t be fair to them and JB loves those guys.

This does kind of feel like a Roy situation, not a Coach K one.

The most interesting comment he made in his post-game press conference yesterday was that he promised the six freshmen that he would come back and coach this year. But he didn't go any further. The implication being that he fulfilled his promise and his "obligation" is up. So if it isn't already planned he must be thinking about it . . . .

If he is closer to 100 than 0, it kind of stinks for him and the fans that he didn’t get the proper final Dome send off. Perhaps JB has come to the conclusion, as the year progressed, that this was it. But he couldn’t announce it and take away from Hak and GMac’s special day alongside the Championship reunion. That wouldn’t be fair to them and JB loves those guys.

This does kind of feel like a Roy situation, not a Coach K one.
If this is his last year they would probably have a special night next year to honor him. Just him.

I don’t see it. The university is in a crunch though. The basketball program is their money maker and attendance is starting to take a hit. That is now affecting the athletic departments pockets. I think, even though Wildhack made that comment about Jim has a lot of built up equity. I don’t think he ever invisioned these back to back years we just had.

My thoughts. Jim would always get a one year warning. Hey, this year you gotta make it count or we will have to do something. I also don’t believe Jim when he says he wants to just disappear one day and not have a send off like K. From everything he has ever said or done, he is a very insecure man. I would be floored if he just randomly walked away one day without it being made known.

For those two reasons I think they have a very serious talk this off-season and unfortunately JB is back with one last chance before being pushed out.

Edit: of course I post this immediately when Jake says he is over 90% sure this is his last year.

74%.

Would love to see him make the announcement before the ACCT. His best chance at a fairy tale ending is a Cinderella run through the conference tourney. The players would be as motivated as they were yesterday. He could even just let them know if he doesn’t want the tournament coverage to be all about him.

If this is his last year they would probably have a special night next year to honor him. Just him.
Yes, that would be an absolute must. It would need to be an entire weekend, with a Saturday evening game just like this weekend was. But even then, not having a final game as coach where he’s the main attraction would be a bit sad.

That’s the hot stove night regarding hoops program.

Did this happen today? I just one question thought because JB at times has pulled off the unthinkable at times in his career. If they win four games and get in the tournament are we still having the same conversation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom