Rebranding the Cuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rebranding the Cuse

You'd have to be pretty crazy to put a basketball on the 50 yard line and on football helmets... Not sure who it would intimidate though.

Yeah, sorry - I could've worded it better but I was most definitely being sarcastic with the basketball-football thing and making a jab at some of the awful logos we've had.

You'd have to be pretty crazy to put a basketball on the 50 yard line and on football helmets... Not sure who it would intimidate though.

I favor putting a football on our basketball jerseys given we're really a football school.

After all, our fight song is about football.

Yeah, sorry - I could've worded it better but I was most definitely being sarcastic with the basketball-football thing and making a jab at some of the awful logos we've had.
I could have worded it better too, i was going along with it.

I'll fight you for it.
It can be a joint effort. Lord knows they need the help. And the job will finally allow me to once and for all kill the key-shaking, which is my only regret during my 4 years.

If you want something "cool" then it needs to be original. We've already tried "We Are S U" and "C-U-S-E". They don't work because no one cares.

Yup and running male cheerleaders onto the field/court with microphones is downright embarrassing. Nothing "cool" about it.

Just. Win. Games.

With the upcoming entrance into the ACC, SU should utilize its marketing and promotional might and assist in rebranding the football team. Some aspects are underway with the IPF but others that would help are new uniforms, a larger, better performing marching band, improved fan involvement at games and a positive image for the City of Syracuse come to mind.
Uniforms - Have Nike spruce it up with different combo's, including helmets, for this is BIG with many recruits.
Band - Need to tighten up their performance and get away from the Stanford type non-chalent attitude with same old music the band has been playing since the late 70's. The Cuse band should take a look at Pitt's to see what I mean. BC's band is bad too...
Fans - Ever see a VT game when the fans all jump as the team enters field? Or the NY Jets when the guy with the fireman's helmet leads the J E T S cheer before opening kickoff and during game? This is an easy one...C-U-S-E Cuse, Cuse, Cuse. That cheer coming inside the Dome would be awesome!
City of Syracuse - There are numerous positive aspects of the city and I can tell you that I went to the NW game after a 15 year absence and I was impressed with the University, Marshall Street and Armory Square. Having worked in the beer business for close to 30 years, Syracuse has some great craft breweries/brewpubs and restaurants and I see this as a selling point for fans from the ACC visiting the Cuse for games.
Have I missed anything?

NO NEW UNIFORMS!

What we have no are great - period.

They are sharp and traditional.

Lets not go back to horrible Robinson uniforms - all of them were awful.

GRob screwed everything up including the uni's so I think another try at it would be good. Orange jersey's, white or navy pants, navy matte helmets with CUSE on the side would work for a few games.
If Ohio State, ND, Michigan and many others can break tradition, so can the Cuse.

Being a NY Giants fan, I agree that the Jets are a joke these days, but C U S E would work if fans make that a part of the game. Many schools have similar chants and there is no reason that the Cuse can't start a chant that is cool. Let's Go Orange is ok...

My issue with that is that UConn does that along with the Jets.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I know that is sarcasm, but it is nice that they finally got the logo right. A block, orange S. and it's the same in every piece of merchandise I buy.

We need another new logo

su_logo_medium.jpg
syracuse-logo_medium.gif
b419c7123bf161fb189e59b6f038b2f4.gif
7v5ykulntc4mqgc72pgz.png
3702_syracuse_orange-alternate-1992.png

I know that is sarcasm, but it is nice that they finally got the logo right. A block, orange S. and it's the same in every piece of merchandise I buy.
Agreed, and I'm fine with what we have here. But there are two quibbles:
1. The similarity to other schools that also use the block S.
2. Everyone refers to the school as "SU", not "S". Would be nice to have that reflected in the logo. But past experience says that it's an impossible combination to make look good (see failed attempts elsewhere in this thread), so the block S will have to do.

I'm a traditionalist, too, but ND having alternate uniforms tells you everything you need to know. I'm perfectly okay with one standard uniform, with however many alternates.

All for adding traditions. As long as they are unique.

Please, God, no Harlem Shake. That has to be one of the fastest jump the shark memes in history. Even Al Roker did one.

GRob screwed everything up including the uni's so I think another try at it would be good. Orange jersey's, white or navy pants, navy matte helmets with CUSE on the side would work for a few games.
If Ohio State, ND, Michigan and many others can break tradition, so can the Cuse.

Robinson didn't select uniforms.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Being a NY Giants fan, I agree that the Jets are a joke these days, but C U S E would work if fans make that a part of the game. Many schools have similar chants and there is no reason that the Cuse can't start a chant that is cool. Let's Go Orange is ok...
We already have some things but no one does them. I don't think anyone does (or even realizes we do) S-Y-R-A-C-U-S-E vocally and with arm motions after a first down.

With the upcoming entrance into the ACC, SU should utilize its marketing and promotional might and assist in rebranding the football team. Some aspects are underway with the IPF but others that would help are new uniforms, a larger, better performing marching band, improved fan involvement at games and a positive image for the City of Syracuse come to mind.
Uniforms - Have Nike spruce it up with different combo's, including helmets, for this is BIG with many recruits.
Band - Need to tighten up their performance and get away from the Stanford type non-chalent attitude with same old music the band has been playing since the late 70's. The Cuse band should take a look at Pitt's to see what I mean. BC's band is bad too...
Fans - Ever see a VT game when the fans all jump as the team enters field? Or the NY Jets when the guy with the fireman's helmet leads the J E T S cheer before opening kickoff and during game? This is an easy one...C-U-S-E Cuse, Cuse, Cuse. That cheer coming inside the Dome would be awesome!
City of Syracuse - There are numerous positive aspects of the city and I can tell you that I went to the NW game after a 15 year absence and I was impressed with the University, Marshall Street and Armory Square. Having worked in the beer business for close to 30 years, Syracuse has some great craft breweries/brewpubs and restaurants and I see this as a selling point for fans from the ACC visiting the Cuse for games.
Have I missed anything?

COMPLETELY disagree on changing the uniforms to trendy BS. It looked ugly and we sucked back then, last time we let NIKE dress us.

The classic look signals SU's return to football prominence. Keep the classic look.

We definitely need to do something drastic and crazy. I say we bring back this logo and put it on our football helmets and on the 50 yard line. People will instantly be intimidated.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

I loved this logo. I think it was inspired by Netscape Navigator, which came out a short time before this logo was introduced.

Just ing win. Everything else is pansy bullish!t

I don't think any of this can be called "re-branding". Re-branding is not just changing uniform designs or a logo. SU has a great brand... does not need to be re-branded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom