Recruiting Updates | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

They just showed a replay of a TB dunk. Looked like he wanted to hurt a man with that two handed electricity.
Oooooof, insane spin to the right side by Diagne and lays it in. Fast but powerful post move. That was impressive. Around 9:00 in the 1st for replay reference.

Credit to Diagne. He's got a tough task today, but really moves well to recover for gaps in the zone. Got out to the high post and raced back to the rim to alter a shot. He can play wing or 5 for us, no doubt.
People think because of his size that he may be stiff laterally, but that is not the case. We aren't talking DC2 or Rick Jackson when it comes to foot speed here lol.

Francis03 said:
People think because of his size that he may be stiff laterally, but that is not the case. We aren't talking DC2 or Rick Jackson when it comes to foot speed here lol.

I'm impressed that he plays end to end for a big.

37-20 NJ Playaz at the half. Diagne, Briscoe, Gibbs, and keep an eye 2017 guard Trevon Duval, all have played well for them. Bryant started strong but like the rest of Team Scan things started to fall apart as the 1st half started to wind down. Battle has been kind of quiet. Scan has always showed a lot of heart in these games, so I'll be surprised if they didn't have a run or 2 left in them for the 2nd half.

Tee, I see your boy lil Aiken making some plays out there. Not sure what his true ceiling long term is, but he'll be one of those small pesky guards in college who everybody will hate unless he's on your team.

Like I said no quit in Team Scan as they have been fighting to come back in the 2nd half but the Playaz just have too many weapons and options on offense to keep holding off. Battle has been really good this half. The Playaz are a guard oriented team, so Diagne doesn't get too many touches on offense, but I like that he seems to not mind doing the dirty work and being the inside enforcer.

Final score NJ Playaz win 65-55. They'll now move on to face Team Penny and the Lawson brothers at 3 on ESPNU. Good comeback and show of heart by Team Scan. They really gave it everything they had but Briscoe and the gang always found a way to have an answer in response.

Final score NJ Playaz win 65-55. They'll now move on to face Team Penny and the Lawson brothers at 3 on ESPNU. Good comeback and show of heart by Team Scan. They really gave it everything they had but Briscoe and the gang always found a way to have an answer in response.
Ah yes, the best teams always seem to have answers in response. Debate Clubs everywhere can attest.

Tee, I see your boy lil Aiken making some plays out there. Not sure what his true ceiling long term is, but he'll be one of those small pesky guards in college who everybody will hate unless he's on your team.
Absolutely. Great shooter but yeah that quickness, agility makes him a tough guard for anyone. Just needs to match that with on the ball defense, he'd be special.

http://www.statva.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/AG1402.200100415.pdf
Diagne finished with 11pts and 7rbs. Bryant 5pts and 6rbs. Battle tied with Briscoe for game high in pts with 18pts and 5rbs.
Diagne looked real good. Has good quickness for a big man. The drop step spin move he made for a late bucket to stop Scan's run was beautiful. The announcers said Jimmy Boeheim has to love that. Rak still can't make a move like that. Bryant had a very disappointing game. In fact he was pulled and sat the last 5 minutes when the game was on the line. The 2-3 zone NJ played really took away Team Scan's inside scoring. Briscoe can dominate a game...too bad that didn't work out for us. Hope he does not go to Louisville.

Diagne with a nice block getting back on the break. Also snagged a defensive board with good positioning.

Couple of bad decision shots by the mini Mous. NJ with little rhythm on offense right now.