Recruiting Updates | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

After seeing what I had partially inspired(there is no way even a one of my benders can take credit for half of this !), i wondered if i had looked like this and forcefully removed myself until I was more properly in touch with my feelings and could govern my behavior a little more strictly. I'm not sure if I should say thanks or grimace. Were you guys ever involved with the scared straight program(on either the giving or receiving end)?

After seeing what I had partially inspired(there is no way even a one of my benders can take credit for half of this !), i wondered if i had looked like this and forcefully removed myself until I was more properly in touch with my feelings and could govern my behavior a little more strictly. I'm not sure if I should say thanks or grimace.

I'm pretty sure I have no idea what this means but it tickles the back of my brain.

Scared straight? No not at all. I remember "just say no" and "I learned it from watching you Dad." I also remember sneaking beer from my buddies dads fridge when we were 11 or 12 that's were it all started.

I remember that commercial!!! There was a wooden box, somewhat similar to the one Jesse made in that POWERFUL flashback in Breaking Bad before we realized he was still shackled in that basement. Unlike the moving scene in BB however, the only tears coming out of my eyes from that commercial were from laughter. I think I imitated it for quite awhile regarding any number of situations when the chance presented itself. That commercial was pure gold and recognized by most anyone I was performing my antics for!

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/11/1112-news-and-notes.html
Getting back to b-ball, here goes a little recap of day one on signing day for those that might have missed something.

Thank you for that. This thread got a little crazy and I feel like I was part of the cause inadvertently, even though I didn't do the heavy lifting. I think being scared straight actually caused me to go off elsewhere about folks' opinions about whether or not I am straight. Here, I want to talk recruiting and am glad to see JB and friends have such a high degree of trust from my 4 sons, and hope it translates into a somewhat bigger bevy beginning briefly by bagging Bryant after the investigation banning or not is beknownst to us all.

Yeah, apologies my friend. That hijack was on me. Drifting, a little antsy for this Friday.
SUball

We're allowed a couple highjacks in a 35 page thread. That was way off the reservation however.

So even with the NCAA hiccup it seems that recruiting is going to continue to roll on at an extremely high level. We signed or 2015 guys and I still expect we add Bryant. We are after a bunch of studs in 16 and 17.

Francis03 apologize if I missed your update on this, but where does cuse stand in the Giles recruitment... Have we backed off, because the fight seems too daunting? UNC, Duke, UK etc...

Also can you rank the potential for these prospects to join Moyer in 16 - Who is most and least likely? Who am I missing?

Keita
King
Battle
Giles
???

Francis03 apologize if I missed your update on this, but where does cuse stand in the Giles recruitment... Have we backed off, because the fight seems too daunting? UNC, Duke, UK etc...

Also can you rank the potential for these prospects to join Moyer in 16 - Who is most and least likely? Who am I missing?

Keita
King
Battle
Giles
???

I think you have hit the top likely guys. I do not think we are backing off Giles. That said I don't think anyone has ever indicated that we have a great chance at getting him out of Carolina. The fact that we are tying does indicate that there is some level of mutual interest and the staff feels our chances are at least good enough to make it worth the effort.

Keita
King
Battle
Giles
???

PG Howard Washington out of Buffalo, NY should be in there as well.

Keita
King
Battle
Giles
???
JB has been down to NC to visit Giles during the open gyms and such, but like I've said from the jump I just think we're long shot here. Getting him and his family on a visit to the campus will obviously be key if SU is to stand any chance of landing him. Duke and Wake Forest has generated the most buzz with him recently.

1)Battle
2)Keita
3)King
4)Giles

Staff feels good about Battle but we know it'll be a dog fight until the end. Keita and King plan to play things out but SU is strongly at the top of their list.

JB has been down to NC to visit Giles during the open gyms and such, but like I've said from the jump I just think we're long shot here. Getting him and his family on a visit to the campus will obviously be key if SU is to stand any chance of landing him. Duke and Wake Forest has generated the most buzz with him recently.

1)Battle
2)Keita
3)King
4)Giles

Staff feels good about Battle but we know it'll be a dog fight until the end. Keita and King plan to play things out but SU is strongly at the top of their list.

Is there room for Battle and King? Presuming we don't get NCAA sanctioned to death? :)

jr4750 said:
Is there room for Battle and King? Presuming we don't get NCAA sanctioned to death? :)

3 scholies to give, 1 taken (Moyer).

Probably facing a loss of scholarship(s).

Sure. Both play different positions, as Battle is being recruited as a 1 and King is a 3. When it comes to the NCAA stuff, we'll just have to wait and see how it all goes. Hopefully we'll hear something soon so that we can move on.