Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
200.gif

bpo57 said:
Agreed. I know some people very connected to the Nova program and all they could ever say b4 Rak came to SU was that he was soft and didn't play with intensity. And imo there was a fair amount of truth to that pov for a while.

Rak also thought he was going pro after one year.

tee1222 said:
Speaking of haters - this one's for the haters :) Signed the new M&M boys.

Who are the haters?

tee1222 said:
I wouldn't know. I no longer see their posts. :)

We don't have any haters here.

tee1222 said:
Speaking of haters - this one's for the haters :) Signed the new M&M boys.

And these are the posts others are talking about that some deny happen. I can point to numerous others if you'd like.

rrlbees said:
And these are the posts others are talking about that some deny happen. I can point to numerous others if you'd like.

Relax hes only joking now. Noone hates anyone in this thread. I cant speak for other threads though lol.

Cause this is so much better
It's quite possible that he can fix his motor issue. Pickin' splinters out of your arse can be a very good motivator.

If hustling and playing hard is your number 1 criteria in evaluating a player then you are rarely going to be satisfied with the most talented guys in the class. Usually kids with less talent have learned that these things give them the edge sometime in highschool and they play that way to maximize what talent and skills they do have. The cream of the crop talent wise usually doesn't have to play this way to succeed in highschool and a majority of them have to learn it in college. Ideally you get a kid who does this naturally and also is one of the most talented and skilled players in his class, but that's a rare thing.

Peace! Great thanks to Francis and others who provide so much material for us here which is all in one place and gives us the opportunity to see these kids and form our own opinions. I also appreciate bpo57 and anyone else who offers their own first hand accounts or whatever info they have.

I hear ya, Jordoo but it's a matter of degree. I'm not demanding floor burns every time down the floor, just a reasonable level of intensity. A player owes that to his teammates and coaches.

bpo57 said:
I hear ya, Jordoo but it's a matter of degree. I'm not demanding floor burns every time down the floor, just a reasonable level of intensity. A player owes that to his teammates and coaches.

Judge him after he gets to SU. Even though i agree with your premise. He hasnt even step foot on campus to show us what hes all about.

Judge him after he gets to SU. Even though i agree with your premise. He hasnt even step foot on campus to show us what hes all about.

I've said a few times that he may change his ways at SU purely out of self preservation. If he does then I will be as big a supporter as anybody else - except for Tee - who seems to have a shrine in his living room dedicated to MR.

tee1222 said:
I wouldn't know. I no longer see their posts. :)

We aren't haters, we just see things as they are.

Think of us anti establishment.

Ha.

I've said a few times that he may change his ways at SU purely out of self preservation. If he does then I will be as big a supporter as anybody else - except for Tee - who seems to have a shrine in his living room dedicated to MR.

Some here just can't handle a different opinion even if you say that it's fixable when the recruit gets here. Rather than debating or acknowledge your point they just resort to calling you a dickhead or an a$$hat like they did in post 668 & 669. Like I said before, this recruiting board and the over-hyped expectations of incoming recruits only leads others on the board to bashing our own players for the first two years after they arrive.

As long as he can knock home 3 pointers at an above average clip I could care less if he walks down the court.

Some here just can't handle a different opinion even if you say that it's fixable when the recruit gets here. Rather than debating or acknowledge your point they just resort to calling you a dickhead or an a$$hat like they did in post 668 & 669. Like I said before, this recruiting board and the over-hyped expectations of incoming recruits only leads others on the board to bashing our own players for the first two years after they arrive.
I really don't understand this silly beef and complaining you're doing about the recruiting board here. For over the past 5-6 years we have been fortunate enough to have the majority of recruits come in and contribute at a high level within their first few years. Flynn, Greene, Scoop, Waiters, MCW, Ennis, RJ, AO, Rautins, Triche, K-Jo, Fab, BMK, CJ, etc. Does the board get any credit for that? Fans have been spoiled with the fact that when it has become the next man up, they're used to the replacement stepping his game up and filling the shoes of the previous player. Unfortunately this was the first season where the next man up didn't work out and our freshman and soph's struggled for the most part. Your reasoning for blaming this board is so way off based. When it comes to the 2013 class, most here knew outside of Ennis and T-Rob not to expect much from BJ, Buss, and Chino within the first few years. Everybody knew Chino was very raw coming in and that BJ was not physically ready. The overall consensus even till this day was that he should've redshirted. If you lurked long enough as you claim, you would know why a certain amount of people got excited about BJ, and I seriously doubt you would ever direct anything to that person. When it comes to the freshman, your displeasure should be with the coach. When you're calling a recruit like he did with CMac, the best player coming in since Melo, then that creates expectations that holds more weight and value than anybody on here. KJ was recruited to be Ennis backup for a year or 2. I dunno where you have been, but people spent more time complaining about Ennis leaving than hyping up KJ. So expectations couldn't have been that high for him coming in. Plus you keep talking about people bashing players. Have you seen the post game conferences this year? JB has embarrassed more players publicly than anybody on this board could. I really doubt you've lurked around here all that long, because if you did then you would know that bashing and complaining is what most do on this board daily. Some still hold a personal grudge on Donte Greene for leaving early, half the fan base hated Scoop/Dion, before making it to the final four MCW was considered to be our worst PG since James Thues, and there is a long thread on that ridiculous debate. The Cooney haters vs the Cooney lovers has gone on for three seasons now and it's tiring. I've seen plenty of nonsense get tossed around on various threads, but the recruiting forum being the cause of it is just hilarious to me.

Last edited:
As long as he can knock home 3 pointers at an above average clip I could care less if he walks down the court.

Yeah that may work for you but I prefer players that are productive on both ends of the floor. See Virginia, University of.

I really don't understand this silly beef and complaining you're doing about the recruiting board here. For over the past 5-6 years we have been fortunate enough to have the majority of recruits come in and contribute at a high level within their first few years. Flynn, Greene, Scoop, Waiters, MCW, Ennis, RJ, AO, Rautins, Triche, K-Jo, Fab, BMK, CJ, etc. Does the board get any credit for that? Fans have been spoiled with the fact that when it has become the next man up, they're used to the replacement stepping his game up and filling the shoes of the previous player. Unfortunately this was the first season where the next man up didn't work out and our freshman and soph's struggled for the most part. Your reasoning for blaming this board is so way off based. When it comes to the 2013 class, most here knew outside of Ennis and T-Rob not to expect much from BJ, Buss, and Chino within the first few years. Everybody knew Chino was very raw coming in and that BJ was not physically ready. The overall consensus even till this day was that he should've redshirted. If you lurked long enough as you claim, you would know why a certain amount of people got excited about BJ, and I seriously doubt you would ever direct anything to that person. When it comes to the freshman, your displeasure should be with the coach. When you're calling a recruit like he did with CMac, the best player coming in since Melo, then that creates expectations that holds more weight and value than anybody on here. KJ was recruited to be Ennis backup for a year or 2. I dunno where you have been, but people spent more time complaining about Ennis leaving than hyping up KJ. So expectations couldn't have been that high for him coming in. Plus you keep talking about people bashing players. Have you seen the post game conferences this year? JB has embarrassed more players publicly than anybody on this board could. I really doubt you've lurked around here all that long, because if you did then you would know that bashing and complaining is what most do on this board daily. Some still hold a personal grudge on Donte Greene for leaving early, half the fan base hated Scoop/Dion, before making it to the final four MCW was considered to be our worst PG since James Thues, and there is a long thread on that ridiculous debate. The Cooney haters vs the Cooney lovers has gone on for three seasons now and it's tiring. I've seen plenty of nonsense get tossed around on various threads, but the recruiting forum being the cause of it is just hilarious to me.

Not going to speak for Paul but what I don't care for is when you pull the "haters gonna hate" BS. Please retire that line as quickly as possible. As an SU fan I want to hear all of the good and all of the bad when someone goes to watch an SU recruit or potential recruit. I don't consider it hating when somebody covers the flaws in depth.

Not going to speak for Paul but what I don't care for is when you pull the "haters gonna hate" BS. Please retire that line as quickly as possible. As an SU fan I want to hear all of the good and all of the bad when someone goes to watch an SU recruit or potential recruit. I don't consider it hating when somebody covers the flaws in depth.
Again, he wasn't directing that towards you or other posters. He was directing that to others from MR's area in a general sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom