Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
PhatOrange said:
As long as he can knock home 3 pointers at an above average clip I could care less if he walks down the court.

I think JB would feel otherwise.

Not going to speak for Paul but what I don't care for is when you pull the "haters gonna hate" BS. Please retire that line as quickly as possible. As an SU fan I want to hear all of the good and all of the bad when someone goes to watch an SU recruit or potential recruit. I don't consider it hating when somebody covers the flaws in depth.
I said that line once and like I said it wasn't even directed at you but whatever stay mad about that and keep bringing it up. I'm not retiring anything as soon as possible. I'm free to say anything I want, just like you. I can't speak for others on how they'll react from now on but if anybody want to cover a recruits flaws in depth then feel free to do so, it's not that serious of an issue.

bpo57 said:
Not going to speak for Paul but what I don't care for is when you pull the "haters gonna hate" BS. Please retire that line as quickly as possible. As an SU fan I want to hear all of the good and all of the bad when someone goes to watch an SU recruit or potential recruit. I don't consider it hating when somebody covers the flaws in depth.
It wasnt directed towards you or anyone in this thread. Ive never once seen Francis attack anyone on here and ive been here since day 1. You misinterpreted it .

I think JB would feel otherwise.
I really don't believe we will ever see that action on the court. I've not seen any "lazy" kids playing for the Orange. They may have been slow but not what I would call lazy showing no hustle. At least to my memory which isn't all that bad considering other factors. Regarding McCullough, the only thing I worry about a little is that some A-hole offers him too much to return next season. He would be huge for the next season's success Scoring defense and boards are what he will contribute IF he returns It makes sense that he will but lets face facts "making sense " is never a kid's predictable move in some cases See Tyler Ennis!

I hope 3 of you realize he will be 20 his frosh year. he also chose to spend an extra year in middle school, all for one reason, to be ready for his frosh year. To say he's bored is an understatement because he totally is. Wouldn't you be playing against kids 2-4 yrs younger than you? He will be immediate impact to the team. put it on record.

It wasnt directed towards you or anyone in this thread. Ive never once seen Francis attack anyone on here and ive been here since day 1. You misinterpreted it .

Never said it was directed toward me. I don't like it used against anybody just because they criticize certain aspects of a recruit's game. I think that was Bees' point as well.

Again, he wasn't directing that towards you or other posters. He was directing that to others from MR's area in a general sense.

Yeah and that's kinda goofy. How does he even know people in the Trenton area and what their point of view is?

I hope 3 of you realize he will be 20 his frosh year. he also chose to spend an extra year in middle school, all for one reason, to be ready for his frosh year. To say he's bored is an understatement because he totally is. Wouldn't you be playing against kids 2-4 yrs younger than you? He will be immediate impact to the team. put it on record.

That's a convenient explanation but it's nonsense imo. I happen to live in the area and know a few people that are far more familiar with MR and his game than people on this board. I strongly respect their opinion as they know their hoops. I wish I could detail their backgrounds but that would likely disclose their ID and I don't want to do that. They are in unanimity about MR's inability, unwillingness, whatever you want to call it, to play hard. Like I said, that won't fly at SU so I suspect MR will play much harder when he gets up on the Hill. Let's hope so. Btw they all agree that MR has the talent to be an outstanding player.

My friend who saw MR, as well as my brother, said his laziness jumps out at you.

We saw this year how JB responded to Joseph's slowness to react in the zone.

Unless MR turns on a switch next year, JB is going to be busy again.

But, hey guys, we're all rooting for Malachi.

We need him to be very good.

Like the tattoo on his arm says, "Keep the faith."

I really don't understand this silly beef and complaining you're doing about the recruiting board here. For over the past 5-6 years we have been fortunate enough to have the majority of recruits come in and contribute at a high level within their first few years. Flynn, Greene, Scoop, Waiters, MCW, Ennis, RJ, AO, Rautins, Triche, K-Jo, Fab, BMK, CJ, etc. Does the board get any credit for that? Fans have been spoiled with the fact that when it has become the next man up, they're used to the replacement stepping his game up and filling the shoes of the previous player. Unfortunately this was the first season where the next man up didn't work out and our freshman and soph's struggled for the most part. Your reasoning for blaming this board is so way off based. When it comes to the 2013 class, most here knew outside of Ennis and T-Rob not to expect much from BJ, Buss, and Chino within the first few years. Everybody knew Chino was very raw coming in and that BJ was not physically ready. The overall consensus even till this day was that he should've redshirted. If you lurked long enough as you claim, you would know why a certain amount of people got excited about BJ, and I seriously doubt you would ever direct anything to that person. When it comes to the freshman, your displeasure should be with the coach. When you're calling a recruit like he did with CMac, the best player coming in since Melo, then that creates expectations that holds more weight and value than anybody on here. KJ was recruited to be Ennis backup for a year or 2. I dunno where you have been, but people spent more time complaining about Ennis leaving than hyping up KJ. So expectations couldn't have been that high for him coming in. Plus you keep talking about people bashing players. Have you seen the post game conferences this year? JB has embarrassed more players publicly than anybody on this board could. I really doubt you've lurked around here all that long, because if you did then you would know that bashing and complaining is what most do on this board daily. Some still hold a personal grudge on Donte Greene for leaving early, half the fan base hated Scoop/Dion, before making it to the final four MCW was considered to be our worst PG since James Thues, and there is a long thread on that ridiculous debate. The Cooney haters vs the Cooney lovers has gone on for three seasons now and it's tiring. I've seen plenty of nonsense get tossed around on various threads, but the recruiting forum being the cause of it is just hilarious to me.
Like x 10000000

I really don't believe we will ever see that action on the court. I've not seen any "lazy" kids playing for the Orange. They may have been slow but not what I would call lazy showing no hustle. At least to my memory which isn't all that bad considering other factors. Regarding McCullough, the only thing I worry about a little is that some A-hole offers him too much to return next season. He would be huge for the next season's success Scoring defense and boards are what he will contribute IF he returns It makes sense that he will but lets face facts "making sense " is never a kid's predictable move in some cases See Tyler Ennis!

I don't think you have to worry about CM leaving considering the knee injury as scouts will want to make sure he is healthy before using a draft pick. Besides, if scouts happen to check out tape from his last 8 games, there is no way he is going anywhere considering he shot 26.5% (9 for 34) against powerhouse schools such as La Tech, Colgate & Cornell. That last sentence is not hate speech just the truth.

Haters-Gonna-Hate.jgp_.jpg

I'm sure a lot of people on this board feel the same as you wrt to MR contribution next year. I don't. I think he will be a great player when it is his turn to shine in his 2nd & 3rd year. Cooney will be a 5th year senior and Captain of the team next year (maybe co-captain with G). Where is MR going to get his minutes? I don't care how bad Cooney shoots as JB feels that he is the best defender on the floor. MR will be lucky see 6 minutes a game once conference play starts.

jekelish said:
I've got a great idea, everyone. Now it sounds crazy but hear me out: let's chase away by far the best, most connected, absolutely free recruiting insight possible. It's just crazy enough to work!

Francis is a gem.

I am sure MR will improve a lot right now but if they battled each other tomorrow RP would kick MR's butt all over the court. The only thing MR can do better right now is shoot from the outside. Everything else RP does better. Admittedly though MR will improve a lot in college. For one he'll be in better shape so that maybe a motor will suddenly appear.
Give me MR any day.

I've got a great idea, everyone. Now it sounds crazy but hear me out: let's chase away by far the best, most connected, absolutely free recruiting insight possible. It's just crazy enough to work!
It's so dumb. Props to CG though who I disagree with a lot...he's a classy and well thought poster (who I listen to a bit now...and I think we agree on football!).

Francis is the bomb on recruiting though...no one close.

Francis03 said:
I really don't understand this silly beef and complaining you're doing about the recruiting board here. For over the past 5-6 years we have been fortunate enough to have the majority of recruits come in and contribute at a high level within their first few years. Flynn, Greene, Scoop, Waiters, MCW, Ennis, RJ, AO, Rautins, Triche, K-Jo, Fab, BMK, CJ, etc. Does the board get any credit for that? Fans have been spoiled with the fact that when it has become the next man up, they're used to the replacement stepping his game up and filling the shoes of the previous player. Unfortunately this was the first season where the next man up didn't work out and our freshman and soph's struggled for the most part. Your reasoning for blaming this board is so way off based. When it comes to the 2013 class, most here knew outside of Ennis and T-Rob not to expect much from BJ, Buss, and Chino within the first few years. Everybody knew Chino was very raw coming in and that BJ was not physically ready. The overall consensus even till this day was that he should've redshirted. If you lurked long enough as you claim, you would know why a certain amount of people got excited about BJ, and I seriously doubt you would ever direct anything to that person. When it comes to the freshman, your displeasure should be with the coach. When you're calling a recruit like he did with CMac, the best player coming in since Melo, then that creates expectations that holds more weight and value than anybody on here. KJ was recruited to be Ennis backup for a year or 2. I dunno where you have been, but people spent more time complaining about Ennis leaving than hyping up KJ. So expectations couldn't have been that high for him coming in. Plus you keep talking about people bashing players. Have you seen the post game conferences this year? JB has embarrassed more players publicly than anybody on this board could. I really doubt you've lurked around here all that long, because if you did then you would know that bashing and complaining is what most do on this board daily. Some still hold a personal grudge on Donte Greene for leaving early, half the fan base hated Scoop/Dion, before making it to the final four MCW was considered to be our worst PG since James Thues, and there is a long thread on that ridiculous debate. The Cooney haters vs the Cooney lovers has gone on for three seasons now and it's tiring. I've seen plenty of nonsense get tossed around on various threads, but the recruiting forum being the cause of it is just hilarious to me.

Preach brother!!! Well done.

It's so dumb. Props to CG though who I disagree with a lot...he's a classy and well thought poster (who I listen to a bit now...and I think we agree on football!).

Francis is the bomb on recruiting though...no one close.
Well I have. Your point?

Just curious when, where and who were they playing?

Just curious when, where and who were they playing?
Lol...I have no freaking idea. I don't track HS games watched. Better things to do.

I'm trying to understand your bigger point here. I comment on how good Francis is at the recruiting stuff and this is the response? I don't really care if you prefer Patterson over Richardson, although I think you'd be in a tiny minority.

Lol...I have no freaking idea. I don't track HS games watched. Better things to do.

I'm trying to understand your bigger point here. I comment on how good Francis is at the recruiting stuff and this is the response? I don't really care if you prefer Patterson over Richardson, although I think you'd be in a tiny minority.

Go back and read my post on Patterson and Richardson - I was talking about right now and it was in response to another post. Most of the people on the two boards who speculate about Richardson's role next year have never seen him play but have probably watched some mix tape on the internet of all of his best plays. I've seen him play in person and I can tell you if the lack of intensity and hustle isn't the first thing a fan notices with MR then I'm not sure that fan knows much about basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom