Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go back and read my post on Patterson and Richardson - I was talking about right now and it was in response to another post. Most of the people on the two boards who speculate about Richardson's role next year have never seen him play but have probably watched some mix tape on the internet of all of his best plays. I've seen him play in person and I can tell you if the lack of intensity and hustle isn't the first thing a fan notices with MR then I'm not sure that fan knows much about basketball.
No offense but you said one of his teammates that will probably be playing at a school like Drexel, is a better player than Richardson.

No offense but you said one of his teammates that will probably be playing at a school like Drexel, is a better player than Richardson.

No offense dude but do me a favor and take a reading comprehension course. I said that in the semis and final of the Mercer County Tournament the best player on the floor was MR's teammate, Myles Powell. That's the same guy that was voted MVP. Nice try, though.

No offense dude but do me a favor and take a reading comprehension course. I said that in the semis and final of the Mercer County Tournament the best player on the floor was MR's teammate, Myles Powell. That's the same guy that was voted MVP. Nice try, though.
I ain't no college boy I don't need to take courses.

Go back and read my post on Patterson and Richardson - I was talking about right now and it was in response to another post. Most of the people on the two boards who speculate about Richardson's role next year have never seen him play but have probably watched some mix tape on the internet of all of his best plays. I've seen him play in person and I can tell you if the lack of intensity and hustle isn't the first thing a fan notices with MR then I'm not sure that fan knows much about basketball.

just curious, did you happen to watch any games of MR in aau ball for team final? Most competition he and his team faced were against high level D1 talenl. During the regular season ( before peach jam) MR lead his team in scoring and steals as they went on to post the best record. Thats why I am not as concerned about his hustle or lack there of. I do continue to have trouble figuring out why posters are now coming out of the woodworks on here, only to give posters who are well respected and give nothing but solid information here on the recruiting side, a tough time. If you dont like the postive vibe given out on this side, plenty of miserable posters on the regular bball side.

just curious, did you happen to watch any games of MR in aau ball for team final? Most competition he and his team faced were against high level D1 talenl. During the regular season ( before peach jam) MR lead his team in scoring and steals as they went on to post the best record. Thats why I am not as concerned about his hustle or lack there of. I do continue to have trouble figuring out why posters are now coming out of the woodworks on here, only to give posters who are well respected and give nothing but solid information here on the recruiting side, a tough time. If you dont like the postive vibe given out on this side, plenty of miserable posters on the regular bball side.

No I didn't watch any of his AAU games. Maybe you're right that when presented with tough competition he'll play harder. As I said I like players that play hard all of the time. But that's just me. I have no problem with any positive vibes. Sorry I had to rain on anybody's parade by stating the obvious. Let me make it even more stark. At the Ewing game I sat next to a couple of guys that I didn't know but were SU fans and they kept remarking on how lazy MR was and how he didn't hustle. I already knew this having seen him play before. Then a couple of fellas that were TCA supporters heard us, turned around and said to us essentially that yeah that's MR- he rarely ever plays hard.

No I didn't watch any of his AAU games. Maybe you're right that when presented with tough competition he'll play harder. As I said I like players that play hard all of the time. But that's just me. I have no problem with any positive vibes. Sorry I had to rain on anybody's parade by stating the obvious. Let me make it even more stark. At the Ewing game I sat next to a couple of guys that I didn't know but were SU fans and they kept remarking on how lazy MR was and how he didn't hustle. I already knew this having seen him play before. Then a couple of fellas that were TCA supporters heard us, turned around and said to us essentially that yeah that's MR- he rarely ever plays hard.

You should check them out, pretty sure they still have full game replays on high school gamecube website. All the games I watched, I guess I didnt notice the laziness or lack of hustle, he played hard for the most part but he has such a smoothness that its deceiving. I do believe he is/was somewhat bored in hs and thats not a good excuse. But kids been signed and sealed for awhile and def needs new comp and drive. Like ive said, he wont play if he doesn't want to hustle, but I think he knows this and will work hard.

This is an unfortunate thread to read. The reality of Malachi's ability and readiness to play likely lies somewhere in the middle of our highest expectations, and those that feel he won't suit up. For most of us who frequent the recruiting side more than the team portion of the site, it is because we like to dream of what could be. We wish every year could be 2010 without the AO injury:). The fact that any of us, myself included, dwell on these things and spend so much time thinking about them, is the definition of fanaticism.
I greatly appreciate the efforts of Dean Francis, and look forward to every recruiting update. But I have similar reservations re: MR's intensity. Yet, having watched all 4 of the recruits either game action or in person, my guess would be that Richardson and Diagne will play meaningful minutes, an barring a mass exodus, Lydon and Howard will be learning from the bench.

This is an unfortunate thread to read. The reality of Malachi's ability and readiness to play likely lies somewhere in the middle of our highest expectations, and those that feel he won't suit up. For most of us who frequent the recruiting side more than the team portion of the site, it is because we like to dream of what could be. We wish every year could be 2010 without the AO injury:). The fact that any of us, myself included, dwell on these things and spend so much time thinking about them, is the definition of fanaticism.
I greatly appreciate the efforts of Dean Francis, and look forward to every recruiting update. But I have similar reservations re: MR's intensity. Yet, having watched all 4 of the recruits either game action or in person, my guess would be that Richardson and Diagne will play meaningful minutes, an barring a mass exodus, Lydon and Howard will be learning from the bench.

Great post. I agree with this 100%. I'll add that,Diagne might not get meaningful minutes next year if Chris, DC2 and Bryant come back, but Diagne will be the most ready to play from day 1. He is a full grown man and has a maturity to his game.

I normally love coming to the recruiting board and reading all the updates about our players but this thread has turned in to a pissing contest. The fact that this little disagreement has taken up 5+ pages is just sad. At this point just take it to DMs or something I'm positive there are many fans like me that just want to get updates on our players, not read internet bickering.

Not that I need to say this but Francis is the bomb and some of us here have read his reporting since he was a kid. Believe he was still in HS when he started evaluating players.
Thanks Bees I appreciate that. Like I said last night this situation is not that serious and hopefully like SWFL stated, we all can move on now and get back to talking b-ball.

Francis03 said:
Thanks Bees I appreciate that. Like I said last night this situation is not that serious and hopefully like SWFL stated, we all can move on now and get back to talking b-ball.

Do you remember the very first kid you came on the board to tell us about when you were in HS? Think it was a NYC kid.

Do you remember the very first kid you came on the board to tell us about when you were in HS? Think it was a NYC kid.

Does this kid's first name (okay, nickname) rhyme with, "jello?" :)

Not that I need to say this but Francis is the bomb and some of us here have read his reporting since he was a kid. Believe he was still in HS when he started evaluating players.

There is actually a kid at SU right now that is one of the premier recruiting gurus in the country. His name is Alex Kline and he has been doing it for several years. Has made a full fledged business out of it. I believe he is a senior. From Mercer County, MR's stomping grounds.

bpo57 said:
There is actually a kid at SU right now that is one of the premier recruiting gurus in the country. His name is Alex Kline and he has been doing it for several years. Has made a full fledged business out of it. I believe he is a senior. From Mercer County, MR's stomping grounds.

Now you are just hating BPO. Give it up. Ive never seen you sink to this level. You can down play all you want what Francis brings to the table but the rest of us are not blind.

Now you are just hating BPO. Give it up. Ive never seen you sink to this level. You can down play all you want what Francis brings to the table but the rest of us are not blind.

OMG I've never seen people so sensitive. Honestly the thought just came to my mind that Alex Kline is up at SU. Google him. He's one of the premier recruiting gurus in the country. I know about him because he lives a few miles away from me and is very well known in my area. Holds a tournament every year called the Mary Kline Classic in honor of his late mother and for cancer research. Most of the best players in NJ and beyond play in that tournament. For the record Francis does great work. Please accept my apologies if I offended you or anybody else. Didn't mean to.

bpo57 said:
OMG I've never seen people so sensitive. Honestly the thought just came to my mind that Alex Kline is up at SU. Google him. He's one of the premier recruiting gurus in the country. I know about him because he lives a few miles away from me and is very well known in my area. Holds a tournament every year called the Mary Kline Classic in honor of his late mother and for cancer research. Most of the best players in NJ and beyond play in that tournament. For the record Francis does great work. Please accept my apologies if I offended you or anybody else. Didn't mean to.

I know exactly who Alex is , but I find it funny you quote the post that bees is giving props to Francis and talk about how great Alex is. Comon man you are better than that. We are all on the same team here.

hodge-uconn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors