Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, dasher's point is he was labeled a mystery recruit for a reason. At this point, though, I'm not concerned. SU would've loved for him to transfer but it's not happening.

I suppose Mike Lonergan might get a little upset if we were connected to a player on his roster who had not announced an intent to transfer.

I was semi-optimistic about this year - I was excited to watch Battle, PC and Lydon and hopeful Robey could put it all together. Then Gillon commited, I thought cool, we are most likely a tournament team if everything goes well with the potential to be good. I'm in the camp that TT is more important for 2017 than he is for 2016 - but having an extra body is always good.

With that said, White would put us over the top. He's a legit scorer and would help us in so many ways. I mean Battle, Lydon, White -- with Robey on the boards, PC in the middle of the zone and Frank droppin dimes? are you kidding?

Pretty sure I recognize all you fellow posters from the TT board. Hope this one isn't a marathon...I couldn't take it. What's the countdown, Dave 85? How many days does Mr. White have to commit?

Pretty sure I recognize all you fellow posters from the TT board. Hope this one isn't a marathon...I couldn't take it. What's the countdown, Dave 85? How many days does Mr. White have to commit?

In my defense, I don't think the TT thread was entirely my fault. But I will take full responsibility as long as I get some shred of credit for whatever it is we do here.

btw, I wasn't really sure White was actually visiting. He would be a nice get for 2016-17 season.

Syracuse Basketball: Nebraska Transfer Andrew White III Visiting Syracuse

He's a very thoughtful guy. This video says a lot about him:

He's from Virginia and were in the ACC. That may be a plus or a minus.

Shaun Belbey has to give his number!!! QUICK!!! Make the promise!!!

It's weird 'recruiting' another team's player but obviously this guy would be an asset to any team. I wonder if he wasn't to be a part of a team that could win it all but is one of those teams where people tell him "starting doesn't matter" or if he wants a promise he'll start.

He would give us the depth and versatility we need to make a run at a national title. I think we would greatly resemble the 2012 team with the shot blocking 7 footer and multiple players who can run the court and score. That team went 30-1 in the regular seaosn and the only loss was without Melo.

I wonder if Gillon and White could actually be the starting backcourt. They are seniors. Howard will be a sophomore who's never started and Battle will be a freshman. I can't imagine that White's recruitment will impact Lydon. He'd basically be replacing Richardson.

Here's the appeal to me:
  • 3 centers in DC, PC and TL
  • 4-5 forwards in TR, TL, MM, AW, TB
  • 3-4 guards in FH, JG, TB and AW
Darth? Depth?
tumblr_mgsmvlgyb01qm8o2po3_250.gif

OK, just checking.

You know you have depth when, if Darth Vader gets in foul trouble, you can replace him with Ming the Merciless.

1980_flash-5.jpg

It's weird 'recruiting' another team's player but obviously this guy would be an asset to any team. I wonder if he wasn't to be a part of a team that could win it all but is one of those teams where people tell him "starting doesn't matter" or if he wants a promise he'll start.

He would give us the depth and versatility we need to make a run at a national title. I think we would greatly resemble the 2012 team with the shot blocking 7 footer and multiple players who can run the court and score. That team went 30-1 in the regular seaosn and the only loss was without Melo.

I wonder if Gillon and White could actually be the starting backcourt. They are seniors. Howard will be a sophomore who's never started and Battle will be a freshman. I can't imagine that White's recruitment will impact Lydon. He'd basically be replacing Richardson.

Imagine the practices if White comes here? I'd pay admission to watch.

Battle will start. End scene.

In my defense, I don't think the TT thread was entirely my fault. But I will take full responsibility as long as I get some shred of credit for whatever it is we do here.

btw, I wasn't really sure White was actually visiting. He would be a nice get for 2016-17 season.

Syracuse Basketball: Nebraska Transfer Andrew White III Visiting Syracuse
Wasn't being sarcastic, Dave. You were a big hit on the TT thread.. I looked forward to your TT commit countdowns & great comments. Just thought you could apply your magic here. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
White will definitely fill the Waiters role, anyone who doesn't think he' get a lot of PT is nuts.

This could potentially effect Roberson (and Howard) more than anyone I think. If White comes to 'Cuse, I have a feeling we'd see a lot of Gillon/Howard, Battle, Lydon, White, PC/DC. If you want to go defensive, White can slide to the top of the zone and Robey downlow.

Like posters mentioned earlier, you could definily see Lydon at the 5 with some small ball.

Lydon and Battle won't have their PT effected at all, they're safe - but anyone else is up for grabs - even PC/DC could be in trouble with Lydon's ability to play the 5.

Lydon/White/Battle could be as good of a trio in the ACC as you'll find offensively (with the possible exception of Duke)

If White is smart, playing time should not be a consideration. He should try to get on the best possible team. And then win his playing time by being the best player on the team. Competition for PT is a really good thing. It will make everyone better players. There will be plenty of opportunity for all the players on the entire team to shine.

If White is smart, playing time should not be a consideration. He should try to get on the best possible team. And then win his playing time by being the best player on the team. Competition for PT is a really good thing. It will make everyone better players. There will be plenty of opportunity for all the players on the entire team to shine.
Feel like if he all he cared about was PT, he would have stayed at Nebraska, no? Unless there was something behind the scenes going on there

Feel like if he all he cared about was PT, he would have stayed at Nebraska, no? Unless there was something behind the scenes going on there
Right. Someone said to me VCU was in play for him and that to me makes no sense. This kid must want to play for a tournament team.

Something behind the scenes, like a perennial top 20 program looking for a wing shooter b/c the one they had went in the 1st round. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom