Silent G was really poor tonight | Syracusefan.com

Silent G was really poor tonight

OmahaCuse

Starter
bad decisions, poor shot selection couple of really bad turnovers and shaky handle. He is a energy guy but not sure he really should be a regular.

He made some really nice hustle plays, that block he had was impressive. Offensively he got open looks from the perimeter and took them with confidence, hopefully they will start to fall. It's hard for me to really knock him when he gives that type of energy defensively. I expect more from him moving forward but I thought tonight he played with a lot of hustle

bad decisions, poor shot selection couple of really bad turnovers and shaky handle. He is a energy guy but not sure he really should be a regular.
Shouldn't be a "regular"??? :confused:
Oh Lord

He's becoming our only other outside scoring threat

G had a couple bonehead passes but right now he is the only guy filling the lane on the break and really trying to help push the ball off misses. Defensively he definitely is the best defender on the wing. Also like to see him keep getting into the lane as he cuts well.

Can he really be a second penetrator next to Joseph? Something we desperately need. Can't have only one guard these days to be able to break a defense down off the dribble. Something I will be watching closely moving forward.

Is he? He dropped 2 points tonight.
Seeing as Cooney's our #1 outside threat, I think we are affording ourselves a very loose, weak interpretation of the word threat. Also, to Gbinije's credit, he's one of the few players I've seen in the last few years who takes a night where he can't score like tonight...and has the brains to help the team in other ways such as steals and rebounding.

Everyone has an off game. It's more concerning when they're consistently off.

4 games, he's been good in the other 3. Let's hope today was just an off night.

This is a great example of grumpy fans always trying to be negative.

Why can't we look at the positives?

Thank god we have other scoring options than Gbinije. Great game by Rak and Hammer! Pretty positive game by Coon Daddy as well.

Thank god Gbinije didn't give up and forget that theres other things to do in a basketball game besides scoring. He hit the boards hard and got a few steals that led to transition.

Thank god we won and are 3-1.

This is a great example of grumpy fans always trying to be negative.

Why can't we look at the positives?

Thank god we have other scoring options than Gbinije. Great game by Rak and Hammer! Pretty positive game by Coon Daddy as well.

Thank god Gbinije didn't give up and forget that theres other things to do in a basketball game besides scoring. He hit the boards hard and got a few steals that led to transition.

Thank god we won and are 3-1.

You seem upset.

By a regular I mean a starter or guy that plays starter minutes on a top 25 team. On this team he will need to play and contribute significantly more than he did tonight. On the positive side Xmas and Cooney are playing above my expectations Chris is a star and one and done and think Roberson will be a player who will be very solid in his Jr. and Sr. year he seems smart and under control just needs to gain confidence and experience. Is that better really don't think my post was moronic its how you interpreted it.

Classic example of a solid bench player who looks really good in measured doses but wart manifest rapidly when given too much exposure.

I'm concerned that he is a bight light in the pants to play the 3, especially ACC time... He was out muscled on the boards a few times by one of the Iowa lugs. It's going to be the sacrifice we made by playing Pace at the 3 but without the benefit of the offense Josh gave us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom