Stugotz rips Syracuse for Storming the court | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Stugotz rips Syracuse for Storming the court

stugotz is playing a part on the show, it is what they do. he is the reactionary sports jerk and lebatard talks him down, usually. I thought the best part of it was that stugotz called the Syracuse program "legendary". actually it was cool they talked about the game at all because they don't talk about college all that much, especially basketball. they even made a twitter poll question "is Syracuse too good to storm the court" and it came back as 58% yes". respect!

maxresdefault.jpg
Anyone that takes offense to stugotz take has no idea what his deal is .. he's straight up the best thing going on sports talk radio

Isn't stugotz an Italian swear word? Help me out here.
not sure what Stugotz means, but I definitely know Lebatard means "the bastard" in French.

ie. Guillaume Le Batard = William the bastard, later William, Duke of Normandy and King of England

not sure what Stugotz means, but I definitely know Lebatard means "the bastard" in French.

ie. Guillaume Le Batard = William the bastard, later William, Duke of Normandy and King of England
I am a direct descendant of William the Conqueror (actually of his first cousin and conspirator) but that's another story.

Guy is a tool. Sits there in Miami with his dad who contributes as much as a mannequin. Show is total fluff and typical espn softball garbage. While i was against our first 2 court storms, last night was epic and fully warranted.

lebatard is actually the son of Cuban immigrants, and it has been a joke on the show in the past that his name means "the bastard".

Worked out ok in 2003. We every rushed after we beat rutgers

I'm not a court storming fan,I am all for last night, and the Uva game, but the Fsu court storm was just embarrassing.

The only thing "embarrassing" is caring about what anyone thinks about what you do as a fanbase.

"Bu-bu-but we need to act like we've been here before, right?"

"Oh no... ain't they gonna make fun of us for making a t-shirt about this?"

"Wh-wh-what are they gonna say about it on ESPN?"

The last thing this town needs is to tamp down enthusiasm about anything. We could all use a lot more of it.

If we had a ticker-tape parade for beating Marathon Oil, I would be fine with that. That wouldn't diminish a national championship celebration. The NC celebration would just get that much bigger and wilder and more crazy because of the baseline we had established.

I mean... if you're against court storming, why be okay with ANY celebration? "Don't clap! Stop cheering! Act like you've been here before! Just sit quietly like we do for football."

Oh, and the players love that kind of adulation, and recruits love a rabid, passionate fanbase.

This was the ultimate reason to storm the court. I'm usually against it, but really can't not storm there. I'll never forget as a youngin storming against ND. When GMac hit a three, and Hak threw the ball into the sky. Was 14, and got a nice elbow in the head, but it was great.

Show is total fluff and typical espn softball garbage.
Nearly all sports talk is fluff, which is what the Dan Le Batard Show embraces. It essentially pokes fun at sports media and fans who take themselves far too seriously. Somewhat contradictory, the most honest, intelligent, and interesting sports conversations, particularly those with social implications, can be found on this radio show. I cannot speak for the Highly Questionable television show, because I never watch it.

Nearly all sports talk is fluff, which is what the Dan Le Batard Show embraces. It essentially pokes fun at sports media and fans who take themselves far too seriously. Somewhat contradictory, the most honest, intelligent, and interesting sports conversations, particularly those with social implications, can be found on this radio show. I cannot speak for the Highly Questionable television show, because I never watch it.

I know you're a big Lebatard listener, as I am. I like the show to and listen when I can, but did you here Lebatards comments on Magic? I guess Mychal Thompson and Keyshawn Johnson are all accusing him of racism. Mike Wilbon went off on him on twitter. I missed the comments so I'm not sure if they are justified or not. Lebatard is anything but racist.

I know you're a big Lebatard listener, as I am. I like the show to and listen when I can, but did you here Lebatards comments on Magic? I guess Mychal Thompson and Keyshawn Johnson are all accusing him of racism. Mike Wilbon went off on him on twitter. I missed the comments so I'm not sure if they are justified or not. Lebatard is anything but racist.

Just heard Stugotz go off as I was driving to work this morning. Keyshawn is nuts if he thought that was racist at all.

What was Wilbon's take?

People are dumb. Anybody that listened that day heard Le Batard compare Magic to white men who weren't qualified for their jobs (e.g., John Lynch, Phil Jackson, Bill Parcells in Miami).

Court storming is lame. All I see out there are a bunch of dorks taking selfies to post to their Instagram account. It becomes less about the moment, and more about getting likes on the internet. We're Syracuse beating Duke...not Bucknell. Grow up, and when you do, get off my lawn. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Just heard Stugotz go off as I was driving to work this morning. Keyshawn is nuts if he thought that was racist at all.

What was Wilbon's take?

He went on a Twitter binge and said Lebatard only noted Magic's failings and none of his successes.

He went on a Twitter binge and said Lebatard only noted Magic's failings and none of his successes.

Discouraging. I thought Dan's point was semi-valid. But not racist in the least.

Have at it
I think the people who opine against court storming are just being pretentious, arrogant and condescending trolls for something to do.
WTFC if college kids rush the court/field after a big win.
We have 24 hour media, and they just need something, anything, to fill up the airwaves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom