Syracuse Football Ticket Sales | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football Ticket Sales

I know Tom has probably covered this, but the premium pricing model for football doesn't seem to be working. I'm pretty sure it is a pricing structure that pre-dates Gross, although I don't know what, if any, tweaks he has made to it.

We are one of the few stadiums that looks more full in the end zone and empty on the sidelines. Looks awful on TV, not to mention when you are live at the game.

What can they do to fix it? Or does the administration feel it's not broken, but we just need to win more? (i.e. the men's basketball program doesn't have such problems).
We have had season tickets in 324 for a few years now (and we like them actually), but of course we would like to move toward the 50 yd line at some point. Honestly, just not sure the best way to go about it... the upgrade process is confusing to many and the price differences are crazy. Also, seeing people who are n season ticket holders around us all the time and finding that they got their tix the week of the game for much less is very angering. but nothing we can do. we keep renewing, hoping for change.

Shoot me an email - drbartle @ syr dot edu

Try to create a little buzz about the football season. I always see commercials for basketball about season tickets or upcoming games. Slim to none for football. I hear there is a commercial going around now, I have not seen it yet. No reason for a big game like Florida state or Clemson last year we shouldn't sell out. Along with a few others. Start advertising now !!!

Give discounts to local CNY highschool varsity or jv football teams. Encourage the full team and coach to come enjoy and learn from the game. Make it an event.

Give students incentives. Student section is piss poor IMO (for football). I am their age and have many friends that go to cuse. It should be easy to fill that almost every game.

I'll think of more this is all I have right now.

Definitely all ideas that are in the works. The Dome is at its best when it's got 49K and rocking!

Definitely all ideas that are in the works. The Dome is at its best when it's got 49K and rocking!

Give you props for coming here. Hope you and your team can get some much needed changes done up there. It could really have a great impact on the atmosphere at the dome.

Out of town scores. In-game stats on the board.

I agree with Tomcat completely here.

You have to target some youth groups, high school teams etc. If you look around a home Syracuse Football game you see a lot of old faces. We need to get the younger generation involved again. How, well that's job haha.

The pricing structure is a complete mess as others have stated. It should be blown up and started from scratch.

Oh...Dan BTW I can help on this suggestion:

Get Billy Huuuuuuuuuge or FX Caprara to underwrite 100 seats in Section 304 or 305 for our Ft. Drum Community. These car dealers sell a ton of cars to returing soldiers from Afghanistan. Contract a Bus to bring down the single soldiers and others from Ft. Drum who chose not to drive. Let them park the Bus on campus and give free parking to those holding specially marked Ft Drum tickets in a garage or lot by the bus. Each soldier on the bus gets a concession cash card with $15.00

Assuming Jenna Hinman is on the road to recovery...get her, husband and two twins (with grandparents to watch them) to a game in the Fall or a Hoops game this winter. Put them up at the Sheraton.

Oh...Dan BTW I can help on this suggestion:

Get Billy Huuuuuuuuuge or FX Caprara to underwrite 100 seats in Section 304 or 305 for our Ft. Drum Community. These car dealers sell a ton of cars to returing soldiers from Afghanistan. Contract a Bus to bring down the single soldiers and others from Ft. Drum who chose not to drive. Let them park the Bus on campus and give free parking to those holding specially marked Ft Drum tickets in a garage or lot by the bus. Each soldier on the bus gets a concession cash card with $15.00

Thanks for the suggestion. We love our relationship with Fort Drum and anyway to get them more involved we are all for!

Give you props for coming here. Hope you and your team can get some much needed changes done up there. It could really have a great impact on the atmosphere at the dome.

That's truly what it's all about. I appreciate it!

Thanks for the suggestion. We love our relationship with Fort Drum and anyway to get them more involved we are all for!

Best way is to have Dr. Gross, Chris Gedney or Coach Shafer to reach out to them. Billy being a former player should be asked first.

You have to target some youth groups, high school teams etc. If you look around a home Syracuse Football game you see a lot of old faces. We need to get the younger generation involved again. How, well that's job haha.

The pricing structure is a complete mess as others have stated. It should be blown up and started from scratch.

Love that suggestion. We are definitely doing our research and reaching out!

turn the field sideways like basketball.

Everyone will turn into Giambi swinging for the short porch. More juicing and the batting average (completion percentage) will drop 70 points.

In other words, it will look like the middle of last season.

On the marketing end, build on what we have accomplished in the last 5 years, leaving the GRob era behind. Bowl wins in 3/4 years (regardless of bowl status). Proving that we will be competitive in the ACC by finishing third in our division, Better recruiting classes, etc. etc.

On the uniform end, keep the kids happy. I think most here would want the Graves/McNabb era uni's but whatever gives us a buzz with recruits and players is ok by me.

Above someone mentioned other jersey #'s than 44 for sale. #5 is always a classic. Choose a star on O & D and sell #'s like SU does for hoops.

Chris, Jason, Jeremiah and Mark all know me...shoot me an email to talk strategy on getting this to work. I'm retired military and have two sons currently serving. Now is the time to do it. SU should be contracting with a Bill Board Company now to welcome home the Soldiers that supported the Football Team at Ft Drum last summer. Put it on I-81 if possible.

Hello to All!

My name is Dan Bartlett and I am brand new to this site, but very familiar with Syracuse. I have been a life long fan and resident and I began working in the ticket sales office back in August.

I had heard of this website and I began checking it out a lot more often just to see what you guys would say about uniforms, schedules, offers, etc. I am here today as a new member of the site and looking for some help.

We have had a great response thus far with the on sale of Football packages but I want to expand that horizon. I come to you today looking for any kind of feedback or suggestions that you all have because I want to cater to you.

I really look forward to speaking with any and all of you. We can chat on here or even drop me an email at drbartle @ syr . edu (I spaced it out it didn't look right when I posted originally) - I'm always available for 'Cuse fans!!

If you need anything from me or just want to talk Syracuse sports shoot me an email. Take care for now Orange fans.

I realize I might be in the minority here but I for one love the night games. With kids sports schedules, it gets tough going to your kids/family events and also making the games. Usually the family loses out and I attend the games but at a small price if you know what I mean. Having weekend night games usually solves that problem since the family stuff is done by mid afternoon. It also seems to be a better atmosphere in the dome at night. Night games might be tougher for fans that travel however. Just my two cents.

Chris, Jason, Jeremiah and Mark all know me...shoot me an email to talk strategy on getting this to work. I'm retired military and have two sons currently serving. Now is the time to do it. SU should be contracting with a Bill Board Company now to welcome home the Soldiers that supported the Football Team at Ft Drum last summer. Put it on I-81 if possible.

Send me an email at drbartle @ syr dot edu or let me know what yours is. The time is absolutely now. Look forward to it

Since others have hit on a lot of points already, let's talk about the in-game atmosphere. The DJ in the student section was a nice touch, but overall SU is lacking. Too many breaks in the action are filled with commercials which suck the life from the Dome. Get Otto's Army involved in some interactive elements (like Wisconsin does with Jump Around between 3rd and 4th q)

The ribbon boards are used poorly- not enough stats, out of town scores, etc.

I don't want to see anymore "I'm In" videos during the game. If I'm at the Dome, I am contributing to SU Athletics so show me some highlights of other SU sports, or video profiles of prominent alumni. Utilize Newhouse students if needed for these, but please make them better than the McNabb tribute which didn't even show his two most prominent SU plays.

Put it in the airport as well. Tons of dead space. I would buy TV's for the airport to replay messages thanking the troops from the coaches and players.

I do want to thank all of you so far who have given feedback. The whole point of this post was to throw myself out here and see what true Syracuse fans have to say. I want to make it known that we are listening and paying attention but I figured what better way to make that known than to get on here and communicate with you guys?

I would love to meet you all at our Spring Game here on Saturday at 1pm. I think that you all have had some great points and I'd love to get a chance to hear from you all. Like I stated before - email me any time with questions, concerns, feedback, or ticket related questions. I can't please everyone but I'll do my best to make sure you guys are heard. I hope to see you on Saturday!!!

the obvious response to unsold seats between the 20s is to reduce the price of them but that will draw the ire of certain seat holders (some that post here) who will resent having paid big "donations" in the past to have the right to sit by one's self at the 40 yard line. it's very difficult to convince people that sitting next to someone who pays less doesn't make you any worse off.

If there are too many unsold seats between the 35's, maybe it's because there are too many seats set aside for the Preferred seating plan.

Maybe the Preferred A and Preferred B sections need to be contracted.

I do want to thank all of you so far who have given feedback. The whole point of this post was to throw myself out here and see what true Syracuse fans have to say. I want to make it known that we are listening and paying attention but I figured what better way to make that known than to get on here and communicate with you guys?

I would love to meet you all at our Spring Game here on Saturday at 1pm. I think that you all have had some great points and I'd love to get a chance to hear from you all. Like I stated before - email me any time with questions, concerns, feedback, or ticket related questions. I can't please everyone but I'll do my best to make sure you guys are heard. I hope to see you on Saturday!!!

See ya Saturday.

GO ORANGE