Thamel gives some names | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Finally made it through the 21 pages. My current realistic rankings (I prefer going with HC experience):

Bronco
Chesney
Marrone
White
Lewis
I'd add Candle too

Bronco
Candle
White
Lewis
Chesney
Marrone

My guess
White
Holy Cross
Al
I’m all in on the last one — A.I. Works cheap, takes into account all variables and is never in a “mood.“ May be a little too non-binary for a masculine football team, but what AI lacks in personality, it makes up for in intellect.
Understands metrics and knows how to use them. However, might have difficulty understanding the idiomatic call and response of:
Whose house? Our house!

Well he may not be at UCLA much longer so there is that … I doubt we’d even look but needless to say I’d be intrigued
He makes over 6mm per year with a nearly 10 mil buyout and is under contract through 2027…he’s also 60 years old

He makes over 6mm per year with a nearly 10 mil buyout and is under contract through 2027…he’s also 60 years old
There is a rumor circulating he may part ways with UCLA prior to the move to the B1G

Completely busting balls! Bob always gets people fired up around here
Jim Carrey funny not funny.gif

I’d love Mullen, Herman, Grubb or Chadwell but know that won’t happen.

I’m good with White, Lewis, Chesney or a Dougie fresh reunion(with caveats).

I’m out on Candle, Golden, Austin, Knowles or that Chuck MAC guy.

Finally made it through the 21 pages. My current realistic rankings (I prefer going with HC experience):

Bronco
Chesney
Marrone
White
Lewis
I like this list, But I rule out Bronco because I think he burned out, and I don't think Marone is any better prepared for today's rigor of NIL roster management

There is a rumor circulating he may part ways with UCLA prior to the move to the B1G
I am of the opinion that you do not try and hire a coach from the NFL. Marrone has already been here and gone through the motions and all the work. Why would any successful NFL coach want to go back to college coaching especially rebuilding Syracuse?

If it’s white I’m fine with it. We know what kind of coach we are getting. I prefer Cig or Chesney but White is fine too bc I think he’s predictable

I don’t think white moves the needle at all he has zero head coaching experience. I would be really disappointed with this hire. We need a name coach to come here or someone that knows how to recruit here

A HC that is fully invested in making SU better, has success, and moves on after 3 years while leaving a full cupboard I am totally fine with.

A HC that doesn't bother establishing recruiting ties and looks at quick fixes, has success, and moves on after 3 years while leaving the cupboard bare I am not fine with.

I feel like Dino was trying to be the latter at every one of his prior stops (including SU). Then he had to figure things out after getting no offers.

I fear Lewis (or any other P5 OC/DC) would be similar to Dino. Going 8-5, 5-7, 7-5 and then bouncing while leaving a complete rebuild behind.

No problem being a stepping stone as long as there is something to build off of when they leave.

My uneducated preference is Chesney. Younger side too.

I think it’s high time we just go outside the family. The guys who are here for the most part did not play with White, did not play with Lewis. I don’t want to keep continuity, because that means more bad football potentially. I’ve had enough bad football. Let’s break the spell.

Reading that Kyle Flood might be getting consideration. If that happens we truly are taking sloppy seconds from Rutgers.

My top choice is Brian Hartline.
A first time head coach and wouldn’t be available until after the early signing period. I think those are two non-starters for this search.

I am of the opinion that you do not try and hire a coach from the NFL. Marrone has already been here and gone through the motions and all the work. Why would any successful NFL coach want to go back to college coaching especially rebuilding Syracuse?
It’s NOT a rebuild. It’s a level up job, not start from scratch. All hands this was a nine win roster entering the season. I get injuries happen, but this isn’t picking up from Robinson or Shafer.

Come on and at least understand the situation.

Random thoughts catching up to this thread.

1. UCLA has 1 bad loss this year, and just beat USC. They will likely finish 8-4, can't imagine Chip Kelly will be fired.
2. Don't see Marrone thinking we have enough NIL money to compete. And don't see him wanting to take the job without Anselmo (assuming he stays retired).
3. Don't understand why people dismiss Lewis and White as if they they're extensions of Dino. They're not. One left to be a head coach, the other took a job at a bigger program (at least in terms of tradition, fan base, money). They both understand what it takes to win here. Going too far outside the box with someone that doesn't get this program could be disaster. See Robinson, Greg.

Like Go said, Wildhack probably already has his top 3. Maybe lets the "national search" throw a couple more names his way. Needs to plan out thorough interviews where he's prepared to ask the right questions and answer the right questions. It will be a two way street.

It will keep him busy in Hawaii.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom