Thamel gives some names | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

My best SDSU contact got back to me with some interesting info.

Tony White has interviewed with San Diego State.

He also heard that Syracuse has interviewed Bronco Mendanhall.
Thanks for sharing.

What’s interesting to me about Mendanhall is that Wildhack specifically called out “the 4 most successful football coaches in SU history” and cited their Northeastern roots. Bronco checks the other boxes that Wildhack discussed but he misses by a mile on this particular one.

Thanks for sharing.

What’s interesting to me about Mendanhall is that Wildhack specifically called out “the 4 most successful football coaches in SU history” and cited their Northeastern roots. Bronco checks the other boxes that Wildhack discussed but he misses by a mile on this particular one.
Getting an interview just means that Wildhack is doing his due diligence. You can learn a lot by getting different perspectives from successful people during the process which hopefully leads you to the best hire.

Thanks for sharing.

If Bronco is hired, Beck presumably stays. From his time at UVA, we know Bronco struggled with D. Would be interesting to learn how Bronco would approach defense and if he puts any stipulations into his taking the job given the issues that led to him leaving UVA.

Thanks for sharing.

No problem. I rarely get any info and was pleasantly surprised. Haha.

I don’t want him. If u can’t win in Miami with 4*and 5* guys, how u gonna win here. Just my opinion.

Actually, he did win there but not enough. And he won at Temple, which is a pretty good achievement.

Now how am I supposed to digest my Thanksgiving feast with all this appetizing speculation going on. It's all very unsettling in an dyspeptically exciting way!
I maintain I'm all in on Chesney. Call it infatuation. Call it intuition. But I want an "up and comer" (boomer phrase) to run the show. A hungry aspirant who would cherish being given the keys to a bright and orangey P4 program - a program with great potential. Oh, the energy he'd inject into the program...
LGO!

I like Golden too, he’s probably 3rd or 4th on my list after the jump from Mullen/Chesney. But for me the idea of a coach that’s had success at the highest level of college football is really appealing. I wouldn’t be upset at Al Golden and he did obviously have some success at Temple before struggling at Miami (Every coach seems to struggle at Miami since their prime years), but in my opinion Dan Mullen is just a better candidate.

Manny Diaz has a similar resume to Mullen and Golden, minus any NE connection, unless you count the two weeks he was the Temple coach.

Reactions: FAL
My best SDSU contact got back to me with some interesting info.

Tony White has interviewed with San Diego State.

He also heard that Syracuse has interviewed Bronco Mendanhall.

Mendenhall would be a coup.

What is Mendenhall’s northeast connections? I would rather have him over White and Lewis but other names are better suited for the job imo. Not a bad choice just feel not the best candidate
Yeah. There was a new name that came up today too that might be the best candidate. SI Syracuse is worth the few bucks right now.

Manny Diaz has a similar resume to Mullen and Golden, minus any NE connection, unless you count the two weeks he was the Temple coach.
Well he is at Ped State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom