Thamel gives some names | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Bronco was DC at New Mexico under HC Rocky Long.
If...

HC - Bronco
DC - Long
OC - Beck

So it would basically be running it back swapping out Dino for Bronco.

Don't know if I like it but it would definitely do a lot for continuity and keeping the 3-3-5 D at SU. Is Bronco in and Dino out enough to increase the win totals? Probably. Would Orange Nation be excited about the hire? Maybe. But probably not.

Since we’re dreaming, can we include that LaNorris Sellers enters the portal, transfers here and is the starting QB next fall?

Nah.

IF we’re gonna dream, let’s dream of getting a guy like Drake Maye.

Somehow between the new coach and some big NIL, we draw an accomplished, experienced QB from the portal.

Maybe unpopular here but I don’t believe in Bronco. I think he’s a better coach but will have a tough time succeeding compared to a Mullen. I’m fine with it but wouldn’t be over the moon about it. So many guys I would rather have
My main concern is lack of recruiting connections on the East Coast, his brief tenure at Virginia notwithstanding.

Maybe unpopular here but I don’t believe in Bronco. I think he’s a better coach but will have a tough time succeeding compared to a Mullen. I’m fine with it but wouldn’t be over the moon about it. So many guys I would rather have

This is how I feel it’s a whatever hire doesn’t get me too excited just business as usual

Sorry, premium stuff, it isn’t someone who makes sense. I honestly believe some names are floated as smokescreens or floated by agents of coaches
You got a link?

Without the injuries Dino wins 8/9 games this year. Hell if just Schrader was healthy they finish on a 4-0 run.
Agreed, and it’s tiring saying similar every single year. Bottom line is Dino didn’t recruit/develop the depth needed to combat the injuries which are inevitable and every other team deals with as well

Mullen's resume of success in the SEC makes him a significantly better candidate than anyone on the list. I don't think this is even debatable.

It is actually debatable. A guy winning with high quality recruits shows he can coach at the highest level. That’s not the same as coaching at SU. At SU you need to be able to manage staff with a limited budget, find recruits that you can see will develop long term, be able to develop players, find staff that can do all of those things and the list goes on and on.

So yeah, it is debatable. If you’re merely looking at records and where they came from, sure, not debatable. But there’s a lot more to coaching at SU. It’s looking at things at surface level and saying there’s no debate.

You got a link?
It is in the premium section on the Syracuse SI forum here is the link to the forum page. It really isn’t a big deal I think there are just names being tossed out there in some cases

Nah.

IF we’re gonna dream, let’s dream of getting a guy like Drake Maye.

Somehow between the new coach and some big NIL, we draw an accomplished, experienced QB from the portal.
He was offered $5 million to transfer last year and he stayed at Carolina. He’s going to be the second pick in the draft.

I like how Rhule said “don’t go somewhere in which the expectations outweigh reality.” Nebraska is the epitome of that. Program has been washed up for years but they still expect to be in the CFP every year.
Yeah but that’s different. Because, you know, that was the job Rhule himself took with a huge payday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom