We are really, really bad. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We are really, really bad.

Painful to watch talented players that are not gelling at all.

The one example of this that was so surprising to me was watching Coleman completely blow off a wide open Tyler Lydon in the most perfect position in order to take his own shot from 17'. Awful.

Eh, maybe coaching. Coaches aren't magicians though. Kids gotta step up and play better too. Whole program should be introspective after the past week.

The coach constructed this team. We're a miracle run away from irrelevance.

Dont worry we got Sidibe coming in who might be able to catch the ball in 2020

I giggled for the first time tonight.

Don't worry, the regulars will ensure everyone else how great the incoming guys are and how they're possible one and doners.

Hell, I've seen posts saying "I hope Moyer stays for more than a year, he plays the flute, so he's smart and a good kid from a good family who bleeds Orange, so maybe he wont be a one and done.
"

Eh, maybe coaching. Coaches aren't magicians though. Kids gotta step up and play better too. Whole program should be introspective after the past week.

We've missed out on too many good players the past few years. This was bound to happen.

If we're bad this year, how bad will we be next year?
I know many are downplaying the loss of Greene, but we're going to have another long year again next season without a guy who can actually run an offense. I think Quade was as important of a recruit as we have had in a while.

The coach constructed this team. We're a miracle run away from irrelevance.

You guys love hyperbole! Worst team since Taft was President!

It's been a lousy 10 days. Forgive me if I wait a few more games to declare this the worst team ever assembled in CNY and the coaching staff should be electrocuted.

It's been a lousy 10 days. Forgive me if I wait a few more games to declare this the worst team ever assembled in CNY and the coaching staff should be electrocuted.
That's absurd. A shock collar set to stun however.

I know many are downplaying the loss of Greene, but we're going to have another long year again next season without a guy who can actually run an offense. I think Quade was as important of a recruit as we have had in a while.

Him, Bryant, and a handful of others the past couple of years...

I just don't see what others see in Frank.

He's very frustrating. He will make 4 great passes in a row but then just pulls a complete boneheaded play out that makes you wonder what he was thinking. He had a bunch of great passes tonight that our guys simply failed to convert. But he refuses to pass to Lydon when he's in perfect post position.

I actually liked him attacking the basket. At some point those will fall. But that attempted dunk was stupid. Simple lay-in and the foul would have been much better.

Hope you're right, but this is 3 horrible regular seasons in a row...and the 4th was about as big a flame out from 25-0 to losing 6 of the last 9.

We've missed out on too many good players the past few years. This was bound to happen.
Teams miss out on players all the time. Its college basketball. You develop the guys you have and develop a system on both ends of the floor that is effective with your roster. This staff is currently failing in all three of those aspects. No excuse for being at a program like Syracuse and use the excuse of "the players just are not playing well enough." If the players are not playing well enough at this level, it is the coaching and system put in place. This team, talent wise, is easily top 15-20. Boeheim said it all preseason. He's just done a horrible job coaching this team.

That's absurd. A shock collar set to stun however.

Nah, let's fire them all now. Then electrocute them. 3 losses! They're dogs!

can someone get the posts after us losing to wisky gtown south florida and unc early on last year and post them all in this thread. One by one :p

I personally am far far far from done with this team and we don't even have a press.

I think the biggest defender on the floor today was the nba three point line and those rims seemed hella tight.

I giggled for the first time tonight.

Don't worry, the regulars will ensure everyone else how great the incoming guys are and how they're possible one and doners.

Hell, I've seen posts saying "I hope Moyer stays for more than a year, he plays the flute, so he's smart and a good kid from a good family who bleeds Orange, so maybe he wont be a one and done.
"
What do you expect? Richardson was a Top 100 recruit who makes a couple shots in the NCAA tournament and suddenly an NBA team takes him in the first round. SU is snakebit apparently.

He's very frustrating. He will make 4 great passes in a row but then just pulls a complete boneheaded play out that makes you wonder what he was thinking. He had a bunch of great passes tonight that our guys simply failed to convert. But he refuses to pass to Lydon when he's in perfect post position.

I actually liked him attacking the basket. At some point those will fall. But that attempted dunk was stupid. Simple lay-in and the foul would have been much better.

His attacking the basket left him 0-6 from 2. All point guards deal with guys not executing.

Frank didn't pull a boneheaded move out one out of four plays this game, he was garbage this game and his attitude matched his play.

Hope you're right, but this is 3 horrible regular seasons in a row...and the 4th was about as big a flame out from 25-0 to losing 6 of the last 9.

I don't think you know what "horrible" means. Note: it doesn't mean disappointing.

What do you expect? Richardson was a Top 100 recruit who makes a couple shots in the NCAA tournament and suddenly an NBA team takes him in the first round. SU is snakebit apparently.

Mali wasn't a "top 100 recruit", he was a McDonalds All American who was a top 25 recruit.

Franklin Howard
BJ Johnson
Matthew Moyer

are "top 100" recruits

Our offensive identity.
th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics