“Quality Wins” | Syracusefan.com

“Quality Wins”

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
I see the below as quality wins. Please let me know if I’m incorrect.

Iona (tourney team)
Buffalo (likely tournament team)
Virginia Tech (tournament team)
@Miami (tournament and ranked team)
@Louisville (scoundrels but still possibly a tourney team)
Clemson (tournament team and ranked).

Is Toledo “quality”?

How do Notre Dame’s and Louisville’s wins match up?

Man we’d be in if we closed the deal on SBU or ND...

I get why you included them but I don't think a P5 school stating their case counts Iona and Buff as quality wins. SBU would have been borderline.
I get what you're saying, but this year, Buffalo is a borderline Q1 win, and SBU would have been a Q1 win.

I get why you included them but I don't think a P5 school stating their case counts Iona and Buff as quality wins. SBU would have been borderline.
Understood, however id argue Buff could beat half the p5. They played us and cincy to the wire.

My opinion...

Louisville:
  • @FSU
  • VT
  • @ND
  • @VT
You could maybe include Indiana and Memphis at home...

Notre Dame:
  • Wichita State
  • NCSU
  • @SU
  • FSU
You could maybe include @BC, BC, LSU

I honestly like our wins better (trying not to be biased). Stinks we let NCSU, @FSU, ND, etc get away. Those were games we had great chances to win but couldn't finish. Heck, even UNC we had an excellent chance with the ball and tied, under 2 minutes to play.

For the second straight year we have no OOC wins that are worth anything. We didn't have many chances true but so what. Kansas was the only ranked team we played. We didn't play in any of the major early season tourneys where you get a chance to play some ranked teams and get a huge scalp. UConn and Georgetown both stunk. We lost to the Bonnies who aren't that great and weren't ranked anyway. No quality OOC wins hurts on Selection Sunday. Next year we're not in a major early season tourney again which means no chances for a signature win which puts all the pressure on getting a couple in conference.

Based on the graphic they keep showing on ESPN, the other two have a slightly better SOR and we have slightly better wins.

Seems like a complete toss up as of right now.

I hate all the bubble mumble jumble.

nobody puts us on the bubble in the first place except for ourselves.

It is not too late to control our own destiny. WF is an absolute must win IMHO. A loss tonight & we don't deserve a bid.

A win tonight puts us square onto the bubble.

if we can win tonight & also beat NC, I think we are 95% there.

The last thing in the world i expect or want is a favor from some NCAA committee. We can earn our spot beyond doubt, let's get it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom