10 days to the return of the best show on TV | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

10 days to the return of the best show on TV

Tried hijacking a thread on the football board with this topic, thought it would belong here as well...

NCAA conferences as Houses of Westeros

Casterly Rock/Lannisters - B1G: Rolling in money

Winterfell/Starks - Big East: Supposedly tried to do things the right way and ended up defeated, sacked, with remnants scattered

Pike/Greyjoys - B12: Conducted some minor raids, also suffered some defeats; have a high opinion of themselves but not seen as a serious threat

Dragonstone/Targaryeans - ACC: Currently down, but assembling the pieces to come back in a major way

Not sure about SEC (Highgarden or switch with B1G?) and PAC (Dorne?) or the minor conferences. Any ideas/changes to the other selections?

Tried hijacking a thread on the football board with this topic, thought it would belong here as well...

NCAA conferences as Houses of Westeros

Casterly Rock/Lannisters - B1G: Rolling in money

Winterfell/Starks - Big East: Supposedly tried to do things the right way and ended up defeated, sacked, with remnants scattered

Pike/Greyjoys - B12: Conducted some minor raids, also suffered some defeats; have a high opinion of themselves but not seen as a serious threat

Dragonstone/Targaryeans - ACC: Currently down, but assembling the pieces to come back in a major way

Not sure about SEC (Highgarden or switch with B1G?) and PAC (Dorne?) or the minor conferences. Any ideas/changes to the other selections?

Love this.

Think the Big 12 might be House Tyrell. Seemingly strong but being attacked by the Greyjoys and their Iron Fleet and a new threat in Aegon. House Tarly, one of their most important bannermen (think Texas or Oklahoma) theorized to be dangerous and of dubious loyalty. They proclaim that they're "growing strong" but could be set up for a pretty big fall.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

WGnH3ID.jpg

Here's an awesome season 3 tribute video:

That Jaime monologue was fantastic. For me, it was so unexpected to have he and Cersei moving in such opposite directions in congruence with how much I was growing to really like Jaime as a character and how much I was beginning to hate his sister.

Seriously... fan-made content is as good and often better than anything the studios actually produce outside the show.

This is a great little video tribute some fan made:

So, fans of GoT, tell me something...if you had to compare aspects of the college sports landscape to houses in GoT, who would the Pac-12 and ACC be?

I've come up with these for the other characters/houses/conferences:

Dani - Notre Dame...the outsider, but incredibly powerful and could change the landscape in a heartbeat
House Lannister - SEC...they have the most money and the most power in all of Westeros
House Stark - Big 10...they are an old conference/house, with lots of esteemed old colleges, and they think they are noble and great but are no match for the Lannister's currently
House Baratheon - Big 12...for awhile they sat on the throne, only to have it taken from them by the more powerful/wealthy House Lannister/SEC, to the point where a Baratheon/Big 12 bastard is sitting on the throne in the form of Johnny Football, who I guess in this comparison is Joffrey. See? He's totally Joffrey:

v5ec14.jpg

Mance Raydar and the Wildlings above the wall - the Big East/American castoffs who are basically in exile

So I'm trying to figure out who the ACC and Pac-12 are, but I have not read the books so I'm not sure. I feel like the Pac-12 might be House Tyrell, if for no other reason than the fact the Tyrell's house symbol is the rose and the Pac-12 winner plays in the Rose Bowl, and for whatever reason, to me, the Pac-12 feel like a more recent powerful/wealthy house, a la the Tyrells.

Armory, you're the one I'd consider the expert...thoughts?

EDIT: After talking to my brother, who has read all of the books, he's starting to convince me that the Lannisters would actually be the Big 10, Starks are the Big East, and SEC is the Tyrells.

ACC has to be House Tyrell. Not the most powerful family in Westeros, but a big time player you have to be wary of.

Where House Tyrell has enormous food reserves, we've got coverage over the East Coast populace.

ACC has to be House Tyrell. Not the most powerful family in Westeros, but a big time player you have to be wary of.

Where House Tyrell has enormous food reserves, we've got coverage over the East Coast populace.

That's one I was thinking of as well. I still like SEC as House Lannister, but my brother insists they should be Big 10. But then I have no idea who the SEC would be if both Lannister and Tyrell are taken.

Would the SEC be House Arryn? Old and powerful house, with their realm (the Eyrie, the south) deemed impregnable by outsiders. I really want to stick with Big Ten as the Lannisters and ACC as Tyrells now...

The Reach (Tyrell), also has incredible amounts of soldiers, almost akin to the number of TVs in the ACC viewing area

Not sure if it was posted, and it's kind of old news now, but the Red Viper was cast:

ku-xlarge.jpg

I am scared to look at much of this thread -- am caught up with the TV series, but I JUST finished book 1 last night and wanted to say how great it was. Taking a break for a week, then into A Clash of Kings I go!

~50 minutes until the preview. See the trailer preview here:

The Red Viper is going to be a scene stealer this season.

Also, disappointed that Strong Belwas looks to be completely cut and isn't fighting Oznak zo Pahl in the trailer... Who was that?

Edit to add:

Last edited:
DeGrozz said:
The Red Viper is going to be a scene stealer this season.

Also, disappointed that Strong Belwas looks to be completely cut and isn't fighting Oznak zo Pahl in the trailer... Who was that?

Might have been the new actor cast as Daario Naaharis.

That trailer was awesome. Hopefully it will be give us something to occupy the night before Cuse wins the national championship.

I'm just glad they kept Jaime's new hand.

Pretty sweet trailer. All the non-book readers will wonder what trouble Tyrion is in . . .

HBO has just sent out a news blast with information that should be of interest to fans of Game of Thrones: a 15 minute featurette will air prior to February 9’s airing of True Detective (great show, by the way) , titled Game of Thrones Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing. The featurette promises to have “clips from upcoming episodes, behind-the-scenes-footage, interviews with talent, and cast members’ answers to questions posed by fans.” Should contain yet more glimpses of new things from Season 4, set to debut on April 6th.

Last edited:
15-minute foreshadowing video that aired tonight:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom